Photo

Canada/USA Shipping

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

Y is it more from there to here. When I ship to Canada I only paid 25$ so far

Different country . . . Why are Air Jordan's $200 in the US and $300 in Can ??
Why is a combo 1 at Mc.Donalds almost $8 in Can ??

#2 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

Didn't know any of that. Learn something new every day....sucks it ain't the same. So ur tell me if I ship u a stick it's 25$ and if u ship it right back it's 35? That fuckin sucks
ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY TEAM USA AND FLYERS GEAR..AND ANYTHING ELSE RARE

#3 underworldeagle

underworldeagle
  • LocationMontreal, Qc

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

depends on how they measure it. ive shipped to the states for as low as 20$

#4 chab27

chab27
  • LocationQuébec City

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

fedex ground 20$... canada to Us or the inverse. for a box though not a stick

#5 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

I've shipped a stick to Canada for $12, First Class
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#6 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

under 36'? i don't know if its the same everywhere but anything over 4lbs and 36' can't go first class....we should make a post of the cheapest way to ship everything it would help us all not the site out u think?

#7 timdog

timdog

HOCKEY: Making Dentist Rich Since 1875 :)

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

Ya man I always hear of different shipping prices! When I was shipping some pants to AK I had 3 different prices from 3 different post offices !! It gets pretty frustrating that's for sure!!

#8 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

I always try and be fair with my shipping prices but with Ebay charging 9% on shipping fee's why should I lose money on something I charge the actually amount for. So for most shipping charges I add a $1 so I break even after my fee's.
Sticks are usually as follows
$7-15 with the US
$28 Canada
$40 Europe and elsewhere but this is where I lose money since Austraila and Russia are usually $45 or more for a 3lb stick box.
I also ship all sticks in a custom box that cost me $2.00+

Helmets and Gloves
$10 US
$25 Canada
$40 Europe and elsewhere
Use boxes provided by USPS. Usually 12x12x8 Priority boxes

Pants
$10-20 depending where in the US. CA is almost as expensive as going to Canada
$32 Canada
$45 Europe and elsewhere
Pants usually weight in at 6lbs or so and I used a custom box that costs $2.00 per box so I usually lose out on shipping pants.

I'd like to hear what people in the US ship to Canada first class. i've always thought about using that service but never researched the restrictions or slow delivery times.

UPS is a little more expensive then USPS but shipping time to Canada is 2 days compared to 6-10 days with USPS Priority. Only downfall is UPS brokers want their money for items crossing the border where as USPS seems to be not as strict. So UPS customers might end up having to pay duty/custom fees.

#9 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

I've always gone USPS Priority when going to Canada. But of late, damn I've been getting killed. I refused to use UPS going to Canada because I don't want any of my customers getting screwed on duty.
WTB: Blackhawk Hossa Franchises

#10 timdog

timdog

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

I see people are starting to do money transfers from their banks... No Paypal fees & usually free depending on your bank...I'm going to look into it..

#11 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

hey one of the mod should move this to a thread for else cause this could be a really good topic i would like to add a lil more but don't wanna mess up this thread to bad

#12 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

Didn't know any of that. Learn something new every day....sucks it ain't the same. So ur tell me if I ship u a stick it's 25$ and if u ship it right back it's 35? That fuckin sucks

I've noticed a lot of Americans don't know this. A lot think we have USPS as well . . .

I use Canada Post Expedited and Express both with tracking.
I can't say for a stick but say a t shirt is $15-17 and $21-28
There are cheaper methods like Surface and Small package but those take forever
And have no tracking. I don't use insurance either . . . . In 10 years a package has never been lost
With tracking. You need tracking for paypals protection.

Also if your writting full value of your items your shipping to Canada your screwing the buyer in most cases
With extreme duties , customs , brokage and taxes.
UPS is the worst , fed ex is next for that. USPS is a little better.
Im adding a calculator so you can see the prices incurred.....
You can select different carriers.

http://www.thefinalc...ents/calculate/

#13 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

I see people are starting to do money transfers from their banks... No Paypal fees & usually free depending on your bank...I'm going to look into it..

No protection . . . What happens if you don't send my item or I say it doesn't come etc etc ..

#14 - M

- M

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

The news did a story on something similar like this last night. Why are things like hockey gloves more expensive in Canada? 23.5% duty rate. 0% when importing into the USA.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#15 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

No protection . . . What happens if you don't send my item or I say it doesn't come etc etc ..

most of us here do paypal like that so theres no fees for the seller just like the buyer doesn't want fees when they get the item..and as far as not getting it or not sending it is why we really try to stay up on the feedback and not give to much trust to newer members till they get feedback...everyone thats been here for while pretty much knows each other and trys to look out for one other as much as we can..this site is growing so far so its goin to happen one or more times where someone gets fucked over we just hope its not a big one...and then that member will pretty much be watched by 100 ppl every step he makes lol..but no for real we try are best to keep everyone happy buyer and sellers..we are all here for the same thing we love gear and we want more..and to get more we have to sell some..no need to fuck the next person ;) sorry if anyone got lost in that story hahah i aint a really good speller

#16 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:26 AM

The news did a story on something similar like this last night. Why are things like hockey gloves more expensive in Canada? 23.5% duty rate. 0% when importing into the USA.

Thats exactly why there is a price difference on hockey gear in Canada vs USA. :nono:
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#17 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

under 36'? i don't know if its the same everywhere but anything over 4lbs and 36' can't go first class....we should make a post of the cheapest way to ship everything it would help us all not the site out u think?

I'm not sure, but I guess I got lucky.

I've also shipped Priority before and never paid over $20 to ship a stick

#18 underworldeagle

underworldeagle
  • LocationMontreal, Qc

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

I'm not sure, but I guess I got lucky.

I've also shipped Priority before and never paid over $20 to ship a stick

i have convinced the post office to measure the stick from heel to top, and not count the width of the blade. saves about 10-15$ :headbang:
makes their life easier and works exceptionally well if theres a big line up haha

#19 timdog

timdog

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

It would have to be with someone you trust & on this site there are alot of people that do many transactions with one another on different occasions

#20 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

I ship on average 20-30 packages a month at my local Post Office, they take care of me well. I think it comes down to building a good relationship