Photo

Canada/USA Shipping

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

most of us here do paypal like that so theres no fees for the seller just like the buyer doesn't want fees when they get the item..and as far as not getting it or not sending it is why we really try to stay up on the feedback and not give to much trust to newer members till they get feedback...everyone thats been here for while pretty much knows each other and trys to look out for one other as much as we can..this site is growing so far so its goin to happen one or more times where someone gets fucked over we just hope its not a big one...and then that member will pretty much be watched by 100 ppl every step he makes lol..but no for real we try are best to keep everyone happy buyer and sellers..we are all here for the same thing we love gear and we want more..and to get more we have to sell some..no need to fuck the next person ;) sorry if anyone got lost in that story hahah i aint a really good speller

Somehow I didnt get lost in that book! I hear ya though, being on this site a lot you get to know people and have no trust issues.

I always ship USPS to Canada and really have never had issues except filling out the customs papers lol

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#22 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

Somehow I didnt get lost in that book! I hear ya though, being on this site a lot you get to know people and have no trust issues.

I always ship USPS to Canada and really have never had issues except filling out the customs papers lol

Guarantee, I screw up customs papers on the first try every time. I always have to redo them.

#23 Sabres

Sabres
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

The news did a story on something similar like this last night. Why are things like hockey gloves more expensive in Canada? 23.5% duty rate. 0% when importing into the USA.

Saw that too! Bottom line, it costs more in Canada because they are made over seas! Forget what term was used??

#24 zurk89

zurk89
  • LocationHH

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

unless you send as a gift paypal still takes a fee. also if you keep the length of the box to 12 and under, and the width to 2 inches, you can get a stick for 10 or less to anywhere in the US.

#25 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

Gift doesn't work anymore the last time I tried it. . . .

#26 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

I gifted some money to someone about 5 days ago.

#27 Puckhoggy

Puckhoggy

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:37 AM

Not really a comment on US Shipping, but I shipped a broken in half OPS to a neighboring province for just under $20. And all I did was wrap it in a garbage bag.

It's expensive as shit.

#28 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

Gift doesn't work anymore the last time I tried it. . . .

Still works for me

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#29 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:50 AM

i just sent some gloves, and a blade to canada as gift, it works perfectly fine

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#30 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

Wondering if the amount I sent was too large. Funny thing it was to my friend in the US under his charity account.
Sorry for the wrong info . .

#31 timdog

timdog

HOCKEY: Making Dentist Rich Since 1875 :)

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

Any1 ever use DSL? I've seen some members use it & people on eBay also...? Sorry it's a shipping co. Btw

#32 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

Any1 ever use DSL? I've seen some members use it & people on eBay also...? Sorry it's a shipping co. Btw

I've been on the buyers end from the US lots of fees I had to pay.
I think I posted a shipping calculator on page 1 that gives you all the fees
Incurred when shipping with several companies. You enter the amount , company , location.
Big help

#33 underworldeagle

underworldeagle
  • LocationMontreal, Qc

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

pretty much all comes down to size weight.
if you put effort into finding/making the perfect size box for whatever youre shipping, it'll save you a lot of $$$

#34 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

I ship about 30+ sticks a week and have a custom box made specifically for sticks. Box is 9x2x68 and most custom cardboard places can make or order these for you. I've never had a problem shipping sticks anywhere in the world using these boxes. Maybe its because my local USPS office is so use to seeing them that they never measure them anymore. I've run into a few stubborn USPS workers at other post offices that measure the boxes and want to charge me a "balloon" surcharge. I say no thank you I'll just bring them to my local PO and pay half the price. Print the labels at home and drop them off at your local PO, thats usually a safer way, most workers will see its already been paid for and just throw the box into the outgoing bin without even thinking twice.