Photo

Reebok skates

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 UnrealFlow

UnrealFlow
  • LocationKingston ON

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

I'm just wondering what the difference between the 11K, 16K and 14K is. I know the 11K is an older skate, but whats really the difference between them all? i would think 16K are th better skate but hockey monkey says the 14K are lighter so im a bit confused?

#2 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

I just purchased a new pair of 18Ks, upgrading from my 10Ks, and did a lot of research and calling around, and working with my local proshop, so I can tell you what I know.

The 11Ks are last years "top" model. Main points where the materials in the tongue, the stiffness of the boot, and the inside material. A very nice skate and built to last. I purchased the 18Ks this year, which were the slightly tweaked 11Ks. Even though the proshop obviously wants to make money, and are a business, they said there was NO reason at all to shell out for the 20Ks, which are just Reebok's attempt at thier own high end skate. They said besides being made in Canada, and the interior, there was nothing to merit spending another $200 for a stiffer boot. Some people just need that skate made in Canada.

The 16Ks were closer to Reeboks old 10Ks. Softer boot, material on the tongue and interior a bit lower quality, and while they might be cheaper at first, I was cautioned they may break down a lot faster, so it might be worth spending a little more for the 18Ks, or if you don't need the latest and greatest, the 11Ks would do just fine.

14K is just another step down from the above. Obviously the lower you go and less you pay, the lower in quality and life you will get out of your skate. I went with the 18K for comfort and longevity. The 16K at first would probably feel better with a semi-softer boot, like my 10K, but after it starts breaking down, it isnt that comfortable anyway. So, that's about all I know. Hope it helped a little. I've worn the 18K about 3 times now, and while I can def tell the boot is stiffer and needs more breaking in for my comfort, it is not bad at all. No sore feet, no blisters, nothing.

#3 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

Awesome to hear Jamielov glad to see some people giving reeboks a chance, I have the 20K and love them

#4 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

once I really got into the game or I could justify spending the right amount of money on things, reebok definitely was the big winner. most if not all of their equipment fits me perfectly so when it's time for an upgrade I'm just loyal to them. this is the third pair of reebok skates I've owned and they have all been awesome.

#5 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

Yeah my first reebok skate was the second generation 9k and I loved those then I had a few pairs of 11k and liked them but they weren't very durable so far the 20K have been awesome and durable. I really love the pump I know a lot of people see it as gimmicky but it really does work

#6 UnrealFlow

UnrealFlow
  • LocationKingston ON

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

I have had Reeboks for a while now, love them. Im sure there are a lot of great skates out there but I have a hard time leaving a brand like Reeboks who i trust haha. I probably will end up going with the 11k 's based on what you said because they are cheaper than both 18k and 16k, and i like the look of them better anyways.

the only reason i included the 14k's in the discussion was because i thought it was odd that they were lighter than both 11k and 16k.

#7 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

Have my 20k for sale for less than all of them In the for sale section