Photo

PS Kings Sticks

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 cott1

cott1

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

Ok, so in full disclosure here is the deal...

I didn't want to tick off or deceive anyone so I'm gonna be honest about what's going on here. Was just at my LHS in LA (yes Jakes) and they had several LH Kings sticks for sale. I thought maybe some people on this site who don't live near LA and wouldn't otherwise have access to this stuff would want them so I took some pics and am going to post them for sale. If you want them I will go back and pick them up for you and ship them out. For doing that I will charge a little extra for the leg work. If someone has a problem with that then don't buy one. If you are RH and interested in anything and want me to see what they have I'm happy to check it out next time I go - these were not the only sticks they had, just the ones I thought were the best....and YES some of the sticks DO have some of that "possibly too hyped" GREY GAUZE on the butt end....maybe if you don't like what I'm doing, to make up for the extra I'll charge for legwork you can unravel the grey gauze and sell it on ebay for 20$/inch :)

So here it goes...

These are all LH. I'm not positive of the stick flex of the Easton's - if you need specifics I'll have to check it out next time I'm in. If you are interested in anything send me a PM with the stick or sticks you are interested in as the subject title.

EQ50 HANDZUS: tape on blade so it's game used but looks new to me, maybe used couple times - $175 +shipping

2x EQ50 DREWISKE: New - both 200 +shipping

TOTAL ONE PENNER: New with Kings grey accents 107 flex - 200 +shipping

2x TOTAL ONE GAGNE: Game Used, one with Kings grey accents and one with yellow accents 102 flex, Yellow is G3 flex profiled stick with a fused one95 blade and Grey is fused stick with a vapor blade - both $160 +shipping

TOTAL ONE MOREAU (possibly a one95 repaint as T1): Game Used w/ grey gauze on butt end, yellow accents 102 flex - $150 +shipping

Here are some pics I took...don't think any of these are repaints but if you see differently please let me know, don't want to mislead anyone.

2 Gagne T1s

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Handzus EQ50, 2 Drewiske EQ50s, Penner T1, Grey Accent Gagne (also seen in above pics), Moreau T1

Posted Image
Posted Image
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Click here to leave feedback Cott1 *NEW* Feedback Profile
Click here to view past feedback thread Cott1 *OLD* Feedback Thread

#2 Brian

Brian

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

hey man, what do they have for RH sticks at the moment (if you happen to remember off the top of your head)?

#3 cott1

cott1

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

not many, I think maybe an old trent hunter s19 and a couple trevor lewis EQ50's maybe?

#4 cott1

cott1

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

I know, sucks for me - I'm a righty too
He should be getting an "end of year haul" within next month or two, I'll stay on top of it and let everyone know - if I can score some stuff for members I will do my best to make it happen

#5 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

All of those Bauer sticks are over 100 flex. The Ganges are 102 penned and Moreau look to be 112's and the moreau is also a repaint, looks to be a one95 from what I can tell but I can't see much

#6 cott1

cott1

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

All of those Bauer sticks are over 100 flex. The Ganges are 102 penned and Moreau look to be 112's and the moreau is also a repaint, looks to be a one95 from what I can tell but I can't see much

Awesome thx Numan!!

#7 cott1

cott1

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

out of curiosity and really just to educate myseld how can you tell the flex based on the picture? Is there something you look for? Same question goes for the repaint.

#8 cott1

cott1

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

wait I think I see now, Penner 107 Gagne/Moreau 102

#9 Brian

Brian

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

Yeah, middle number is the flex.
The bottom code is supposed to represent the construction of the stick.

There is a big thread, as well as a chart, on MSH that deciphers the different codes, but I would take all that info with a grain of salt. There is an actual Bauer pro rep that is on the forum, but he hasn't chimed in yet about all the codes. I'm sure he knows exactly what they mean, but I guess he wants to keep the info to himself. He has told me 2 of the codes, but never answered my questions about some of the other ones.

Generally, the graphics on the outside of the stick (especially Bauer), are just a billboard for whatever latest stick they have out. The actual construction of the stick can be any number of things.

#10 cott1

cott1

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

Generally, the graphics on the outside of the stick (especially Bauer), are just a billboard for whatever latest stick they have out. The actual construction of the stick can be any number of things.

Ok cool, any way to tell actual construction other than just knowing physical look/feel of the stick from experience?

#11 Brian

Brian

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

Well, that's the thing of it.

There is the info on MSH ---> http://www.modsquadh...s/FlexChart.htm at the bottom.
I don't necessarily take that info as Gospel.
If you notice that it says "C" is a Lightweight One90. When I asked the Bauer guy about a "C" stick I have, his answer was much different.

I think a lot of people are just guessing/making stuff up about the Bauer codes these days.

#12 cott1

cott1

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

ahhh, ok got ya. Cool, thanks for the link!

#13 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:56 PM

Yeah Brian is absolutely right on that code list I can tell you only about 1/3 of thoose are correct the rest they were either miss informed on our a guess I can't really read the code on the Moreau stick but from what I can tell by the pattern of the weave it looks to be a one95. The yellow gagne is a G3 flex profiled stick with a fused one95 blade in it (which is amazing) the other gagne is a fused stick with a vapor blade and I can't really tell anything on the penner except it seems to have an Apx shaft look to it

#14 cott1

cott1

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:26 AM

Yeah Brian is absolutely right on that code list I can tell you only about 1/3 of thoose are correct the rest they were either miss informed on our a guess I can't really read the code on the Moreau stick but from what I can tell by the pattern of the weave it looks to be a one95. The yellow gagne is a G3 flex profiled stick with a fused one95 blade in it (which is amazing) the other gagne is a fused stick with a vapor blade and I can't really tell anything on the penner except it seems to have an Apx shaft look to it

Thank you again! Your wealth of equipment knowledge amazes me - I always appreciate the schooling :)

#15 cott1

cott1

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:31 AM

^changes made to description
thanks Numan :up:

#16 Gener

Gener
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:32 AM

I noticed the two Gange sticks also have different weave patterns on the shafts. Isn't the larger check (on the grey) an APX pattern?

#17 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:42 AM

No problem cot and like I said its all from what I can tell on the pics from my iPhone so I can't really tell without Bieng there but the stuff I could tell is good. You actually have better sticks there than you gave your self credit for, the Ganges also have a really really low lie on them perfect for passing or for someone who skates with their stick out from their body.

And gener probably but I can't really tell from the pics so I just left it at a fused stick

#18 cott1

cott1

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

Thx Numan, I'm gonna take and post more pics today and try to get the descriptions as accurate as possible

#19 Brian

Brian

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

Moreau seems to be the "OV1" code.

Every G3 I've seen has the "one95" style blade carbon weave and the shaft has a "X60" style carbon weave.

#20 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Every G3 I've seen has the "one95" style blade carbon weave and the shaft has a "X60" style carbon weave.

Adam burish on the stars uses a G3 with a vapor blade, it's not very common most prefer the one95 blade because of its amazing feel but they're are some out there. I believe shaunJ13 has some burish sticks and loves them now