Photo

CCM HPTK vs SuperTacks retail pants

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hills

Hills
  • LocationNiagara Ontario

Posted 17 August 2022 - 08:11 AM

I am wondering if anyone has worn both and has been able to compare both side by side. I grabbed a pair of Hersey Bears HPTK expecting beefed padding like the UCL, and HP45 I have. I got what feels like the same retail pants as the SuperTacks with thicker exterior nylons.

I swear I tried on a pair of SHU HPTK before and they felt actually beefed, these ones have basically 0 inner thigh and 0 ass padding and feel exactly like the retail version with the same cheaper feeling belt as well.

#2 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 August 2022 - 09:04 AM

I've had pro stock and retail Tacks pants, and the only difference to me was the exterior nylon. Otherwise identical.

#3 Firebrand

Firebrand

Posted 18 August 2022 - 06:22 PM

That's kind of disappointing. I'm looking to switch over to CCM pro stock pants and I prefer the fit of the Tacks (HPTK) pants compared to the Jetspeed (HP45) and was hoping they wouldn't skimp on the padding. Improved nylons and team colors are enough in my case, though.

#4 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 19 August 2022 - 07:07 AM

Is there an HPTK-X version of those pants out there? Those are an upgraded protection package.

#5 Hills

Hills
  • LocationNiagara Ontario

Posted 19 August 2022 - 08:02 AM

Is there an HPTK-X version of those pants out there? Those are an upgraded protection package.

There is an HPTKP

#6 Firebrand

Firebrand

Posted 19 August 2022 - 08:40 AM

Yep. In fact, here's a pair from the Oilers (not my listing): https://www.ebay.com/itm/175092555647

Now if I can just track down a pair in Calgary red...