Photo

ITR Hockey ( Glove Work )

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 09 February 2023 - 09:30 PM

Hey Guy's , Sent a pair of Bauer 1x pro lite's for plastic inserts installed into cuff rolls & thick backhand liners ( bought gloves & did not have liners ) & a pair of Warrior AX1'S for thick backhand liners ( gloves had very loose fit ). Plastic insert's came out great & so did liners. Both pair's now have a nice snug fit ( which I like ). Price's were very fair , nice neat work , turn around time was 5 week's. Very happy with the work. Full pictures in gallery. Thanks   www.itrhockey.com                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                med_gallery_1862_1719_1155318.jpg                                                             med_gallery_1862_1719_174346.jpg

#2 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 09 February 2023 - 11:05 PM

Can confirm, ITR does quality work. Obviously not CPR level, but good enough for glove whores like us. He does a good job of replicating exact palm patterns with new materials and I'm going to get a few pairs done with tan digital.

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#3 xstartxtodayx

xstartxtodayx
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 10 February 2023 - 09:21 AM

This is great to hear.  I've been following him for a while and the work looks great but hearing from the customer is always nice.  He currently has a pair of my HG12's that are getting some work done (goatskin palms with digital kovy style overlays and mesh gussets), I can't wait to see the finished product.

- Jon

#4 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 10 February 2023 - 10:50 PM

I had him do this pair for me:  https://www.instagra...g_web_copy_link

Excellent work and a fair price in my opinion.  Currently have a pair of APX2 Pros with him getting mustang leather palms!

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#5 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 11 February 2023 - 02:57 PM

Can anyone comment on his ability to maintain the fit of the gloves after a repalm?  My biggest concern would be that the gloves fit differently.

#6 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 23 February 2023 - 07:52 PM

I'm sending two pairs in for some tan digital palms and double backhand liners, one pair of leather CCM 852's and one pair of Warrior QRE's. I'll report back when they're completed. 

#7 Kpowers55

Kpowers55

Posted 24 February 2023 - 09:58 AM

Can also confirm they do great work. The fit was great after work was complete. I usually go to George’s in St. Paul since I live in the twin cities but I wanted to try the atomic grip (George’s doesn’t carry it). I also had him taper the guessets and they’re really consistent.

#8 nhlfan79

nhlfan79
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 24 February 2023 - 02:59 PM

Can also confirm they do great work. The fit was great after work was complete. I usually go to George’s in St. Paul since I live in the twin cities but I wanted to try the atomic grip (George’s doesn’t carry it). I also had him taper the guessets and they’re really consistent.

Funny you mention George's.  I live in Atlanta and just happen to be going to Minneapolis in a couple of weeks.  I have already emailed them about bringing them a pair of MIC CBJ third Franchise gloves for a standard repalm, and they were very nice and said to just drop in.  Since you've used them before, how's the quality of their work?  Should I go with them, or go with ITR, in your opinion?

#9 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 24 February 2023 - 07:24 PM

Hey Guy's , if you want a tighter fit for your gloves  , ITR has thick , medium & thin backhand liners ( pictured in 1st post of this topic ). Really made my AX1's much tighter.

#10 Trumanperro

Trumanperro

Posted 26 February 2023 - 02:23 PM

They are awesome. Ive had se eral gloves repalmed by them. Just sent them a set of sharks franchise gloves i wanted repalmed in Micro Nash.

Funny you mention George's. I live in Atlanta and just happen to be going to Minneapolis in a couple of weeks. I have already emailed them about bringing them a pair of MIC CBJ third Franchise gloves for a standard repalm, and they were very nice and said to just drop in. Since you've used them before, how's the quality of their work? Should I go with them, or go with ITR, in your opinion?

#11 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 08:16 PM

Can confirm, ITR does quality work. Obviously not CPR level, but good enough for glove whores like us. He does a good job of replicating exact palm patterns with new materials and I'm going to get a few pairs done with tan digital.

Cpr said they are only accepting pro work

#12 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 27 February 2023 - 08:52 PM

I know and I never said otherwise. What I'm saying is that ITR Hockey doesn't do CPR quality work (no one does) but in my opinion, it's still good enough to satisfy us glove collectors. 

#13 ntwusc

ntwusc
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 03 March 2023 - 06:35 PM

Funny you mention George's.  I live in Atlanta and just happen to be going to Minneapolis in a couple of weeks.  I have already emailed them about bringing them a pair of MIC CBJ third Franchise gloves for a standard repalm, and they were very nice and said to just drop in.  Since you've used them before, how's the quality of their work?  Should I go with them, or go with ITR, in your opinion?

I had a pair of gloves repalmed at George's and I wasn't very happy with the work. They sewed the new palms over the bindings rather than replacing them and one of the palms was sewn where quite a bit of material bunched up on one side. I ended up sending those to Hockeymenders during the brief time he reopened before retiring so he could put different palms on and I was much happier with the workmanship.

#14 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 03 March 2023 - 06:38 PM

George's also uses an adhesive to glue in the new palms before sewing that often ends up messy and makes it hard to repalm them a second time

#15 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 03 March 2023 - 10:17 PM

I've gotten glue and staples on a repalm from another shop before the existence of CPR. Glue should never be used for a repalm or anything that can be stitched together. Glue (especially George's hockey glue, which is very durable adhesive) should really only be used to repair damage/rips or to adhere something to plastic ie. installing tongues. When I need to keep something in place while stitching it, I baste it (sew by hand) with a different color of thread and the thinnest possible needle, removing it with a seam ripper after the final sewing is complete. 

#16 xstartxtodayx

xstartxtodayx

Posted 20 March 2023 - 02:48 PM

Just got my HG12's back from ITR and am super happy with how they turned out.  Went with goat palms with Kovi style digital overlays and black airknit mesh gussets.  They feel like new gloves inside now, can't wait to try them out.  

52760454764_5c8afbb4f0_c.jpgUntitled by Jon Schusteritsch, on Flickr

52759664612_bef8c86edf_c.jpgUntitled by Jon Schusteritsch, on Flickr

- Jon

#17 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 20 March 2023 - 07:22 PM

Just checked out CPR's site & it said , not accepting work from the public. We'll l see if this change's in the late spring / summer. 

#18 SAC56

SAC56

Posted 21 March 2023 - 11:42 AM

What are the price for repalm and gusset at ITR?

#19 xstartxtodayx

xstartxtodayx

Posted 22 March 2023 - 11:52 AM

What are the price for repalm and gusset at ITR?

Pretty sure it all depends on the gloves and the materials but I'm pretty sure most glove re-palms are between $70 - $90, and gussets around the same.  I played with mine last night and they were amazing, made the gloves feel better than new.

- Jon

#20 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 23 March 2023 - 12:20 PM

His work looks really good! Stitching maybe isn’t as close to the edges of the fingers as I’d like, but still really clean.

Honesty though, I’d rather just buy a whole new pair of gloves than pay that for new palms/gussets.