Photo

Yellow Synergy “rerelease”

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 08 September 2023 - 06:12 AM

Bauer are such teases. They can do reissues of the Synergy graphics but not the XXX Lite?

https://www.bauer.co...ip-stick-yellow

Still don’t like that the heel isn’t covered like on the actual OG Synergy sticks.

Custom everything.

#2 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 08 September 2023 - 08:23 AM

Sick stick. Was actually planning on doing one of my next pshs sticks with the yellow Synergy graphic.

#3 Firebrand

Firebrand

Posted 08 September 2023 - 08:14 PM

Ah shit, really? RIGHT after I drop $200 on an X5 Pro that I don't even like?

I hate you so much, Bauer.

#4 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 September 2023 - 06:56 PM

If you believe that this stick is the same as what it was way back when, then you've been fooled.

#threadcloser

#5 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 12 September 2023 - 07:01 PM

It's obviously not. I would guess low end 120 dollar stick plus 80 bucks for the paint job. The paint looks like garbage down by the bottom

#6 MHC07

MHC07

Posted 12 September 2023 - 07:22 PM

Really sucks that they don’t offer a p88 curve!
XXX Lite would be an absolute thing of beauty!

#7 Firebrand

Firebrand

Posted 12 September 2023 - 09:02 PM

I have nothing to substantiate my claim, but I've come to understand that it's basically the Nexus Team stick, which I've used before and firmly believe is absolute rubbish. Pity.

Whoever is behind the engineering of those sticks, along with the entire current Vapor line, should be burned at the stake.

#8 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 12 September 2023 - 09:34 PM

Just my opinion, but if you're looking for yellow graphics at that price point, you're much better off getting together with a few friends and ordering some PRO sticks. I know they take 2-3 months, but the quality is far superior to a mid-level Bauer stick with a Synergy paint job. You can use your specs instead of only having three options for curve and four for flex. The "Model E" build with kevlar grip is based off original Easton sticks.

e92a344e5b21b02d_original.png?height=600

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#9 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 13 September 2023 - 01:05 PM

Just my opinion, but if you're looking for yellow graphics at that price point, you're much better off getting together with a few friends and ordering some PRO sticks. I know they take 2-3 months, but the quality is far superior to a mid-level Bauer stick with a Synergy paint job. You can use your specs instead of only having three options for curve and four for flex. The "Model E" build with kevlar grip is based off original Easton sticks.

Good suggestion. It’s really stupid to offer anything resembling a Synergy without trying to get the texture right. Pro should make a more detailed Synergy inspired graphics package; call it Pronergy or STnergy or something. I’d go for a Starskie rip-off. Those were nice looking. Model E kevlar looks closer to Warrior’s narrower weave from the early Dolomite days anyway.

#10 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 13 September 2023 - 01:47 PM

Good suggestion. It’s really stupid to offer anything resembling a Synergy without trying to get the texture right. Pro should make a more detailed Synergy inspired graphics package; call it Pronergy or STnergy or something. I’d go for a Starskie rip-off. Those were nice looking. Model E kevlar looks closer to Warrior’s narrower weave from the early Dolomite days anyway.

I might do something similar on my next custom order. I loved my original yellow Macdaddy back in 2008-2009. 

#11 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 13 September 2023 - 02:22 PM

Was already planning this for the next order.

#12 ChrisMolnar

ChrisMolnar
  • LocationNY

Posted 13 September 2023 - 02:23 PM

Funny, I actually ended up doing exactly that. I also ordered a darker gold version to pay homage to the first generation Synergy Grip, but this one turned out better.

PSS Synergy

PSS Synergy namebar

#13 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 13 September 2023 - 02:28 PM

Those are awesome ChrisMolnar! Great taste and deserving of COTW. I was going to order the new prism graphics on my next order, but now I may recreate my original Easton and Warrior sticks instead. 

#14 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 13 September 2023 - 04:27 PM

I might do something similar on my next custom order. I loved my original yellow Macdaddy back in 2008-2009. 

I never owned one, but I loved the look. I would jump on one in a heartbeat right now if I found the right curve. There was a Draper Left 85 on Kleinanzeigen eBay-De last year. I was tempted but I'm partial to the Fedorov, Smyth, and Weight.