Photo

Tacki Mac 10 week study

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 Huskie94

Huskie94
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

I've got a Kane tacki in Red if anyone is interested. Free, just pay shipping.

#42 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

hit me!!!

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#43 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

this could be the greatest day ever

#44 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Those are what I use. They're amazing. The sand isn't super coarse, just enough so you have good grip.

#45 Huskie94

Huskie94
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

Tacki is going to thinkingjack!

#46 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

http://www.totalhock...958-2/?mtx_id=0

"sand"Version ??? might try one...

I have a new short black Sand grip if you want it Caps. I wasn't a fan of them. I think the short ones are 4" as opposed to the long.

#47 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

thats it, i love that one, super thin nice and grippy but not damaging to the glove and its great, i just cut off the butt end and roll the end of it and do one thin line of tape at the end and roll it over to cause a rib at the back, thats all i need

#48 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

i just use stick tape? but usually when i finish wrapping the handle i'll pour cornstarch or baby powder all over the handle to help cope with that sticky residue that seeps through the tape. it seems to work great. haven't had that problem with the sticky residue

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#49 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

you knwo what i did before tacki macs?  i have an obsession with red handles, idk why.   But i used renfrew red tape, thats got like no glue to it, never had an issue, each knob of that red tape lasted me like 6 months at a time.  I did try the corn starch and baby powder but it would make the tape flake apart.  Thanks to the AZ weather though.

#50 CapAttack

CapAttack

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

I have tacki mac and I can't get it on any of my sticks. Does anyone else have this problem!? I'm trying to put it on a RS2 and I feel like i'm putting all the strength I can into pulling it over the top of the stick and I only make it down about 2 inches before it gets stuck.  :dunno:

#51 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

If you want a thinner one the wrapped ones are the thinnest. Just plain wrapped 7" not the wrapped ribbed

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#52 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Sand is thinner than wrapped.
To get the tacki on easier, spray with hairspray. Makes a world of difference, it'll slide right on.

#53 theflash0000

theflash0000

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

I have tacki mac and I can't get it on any of my sticks. Does anyone else have this problem!? I'm trying to put it on a RS2 and I feel like i'm putting all the strength I can into pulling it over the top of the stick and I only make it down about 2 inches before it gets stuck. :dunno:

I'm assuming you're following all the instructions regarding the tape and wetting it with warm water, etc. I have put at least 20 of these on all sorts of sticks and shafts and they always go on eventually. You have to be QUICK about it because I've found the adhesive sets up fast. I usually hold the TackiMac with a paper towel because otherwise it gets to slick. If I find resistance, I start twisting it while pulling down and eventually it goes. Good luck.

Check out The Hockey Locker Podcast!

Episode 7 of The Hockey Locker Podcast is now live! We discuss the latest gear news and releases, including the Bauer MX3 stick and we talk about how to deal with a hockey injury from both a mental and physical perspective. Download here! 

http://hockeylockerp....wordpress.com/

Twitter: @Hockey_Locker

hockeylockerpodcast@gmail.com

#54 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

dont use the tape, i use dial hand soap, squeeze some in the tacki mac and get it nice and "lubed" with the soap, slip it onto the stick and slides right on, once dried, it will never move until you stick a butter knife or a screw driver in it and open it up a little so you can pour some hot water in and it should reactivate the at that point dried up soap that has sealed up the tacki mac, that method has made changing tacki macs through my ever changing stick usage much easier

#55 Stothers86

Stothers86
  • LocationToronto Ontario

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

+1 for that method
That's exactly how I do it. Works very easy. A little soap helps it slide right on no problem. And makes changing them really easy

#56 Brian

Brian

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

so weird. all I did was follow the instructions on the box and never had a problem.

#57 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

Sand is thinner than wrapped.
To get the tacki on easier, spray with hairspray. Makes a world of difference, it'll slide right on.

False, the sand is thicker at the knob, i was at a pro shop last week comparing them i bought the last two wrapped and my buddy was bummed cuz he got stuck with the sand one which was thicker. 

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#58 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

I have both currently mounted on sticks right now. The knobs are almost the same size. Below the knob, the sand has a thinner thickness along the length then the wrapped does. I suggest you look closer next time.

#59 Brian

Brian

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

The long version of the sand has pretty thin wall thickness. Thinnest out of all of them, as far as I could tell. (That's why I chose them)

The SHORT sand is not very thin though.

#60 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

is it possible to sand down a tacki mac with say a dremel ? i might try them out