Photo

Bauer Vapor APX skates

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:58 AM

The TO's fit a bit wider.
Im in love with the APX's, I actually sold my TO's because I was never wearing them.
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#22 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

Came from Vapor X60s, which I actually had a problem with the fit so I decided to sell and buy the TOs which I so far have loved.

Though, from my understand APX fit different from the normal Vapor line IE: Vapor 7.0/X60s

#23 Shark#81

Shark#81
  • LocationSproat Lake

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

Is the stance/pitch of the TO more centered I wonder? Also the stock radius could be bigger - those are the changes I would make for a striding power skater.

I read a comment about the X60 somebody felt they were in ski boots because the boots were wide...the old XXXX are definitely wide the quarter is a1/2 " thick.! Don't know why there is so much matl there. The APX is no doubt less thick. Also just a very small dimension 1 mm or less in a ceitical place will change how a boot feels or fits so with new tooling there will be differences
Latest hockey video:
http://youtu.be/Ncx5fned0ag?hd=1

#24 Shark#81

Shark#81
  • LocationSproat Lake

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Curvonline.com for more info on the plastic used to make the APX shell
Latest hockey video:
http://youtu.be/Ncx5fned0ag?hd=1

#25 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Is the stance/pitch of the TO more centered I wonder? Also the stock radius could be bigger - those are the changes I would make for a striding power skater.

I read a comment about the X60 somebody felt they were in ski boots because the boots were wide...the old XXXX are definitely wide the quarter is a1/2 " thick.! Don't know why there is so much matl there. The APX is no doubt less thick. Also just a very small dimension 1 mm or less in a ceitical place will change how a boot feels or fits so with new tooling there will be differences

Yeah stance of the TOs a lot different from Vapors.

Going to have my TOs profiled, forward pitch them.

#26 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

If I am a 7.5D in X60's, is that going to be my size in APX as well?

#27 topsnipe

topsnipe
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Yes, I have went from x50s-TOs-APXs and still use 7.5D. APX's are a great pair of skates and I find they are a tad stiffer than the TOs.

#28 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

Yes, I have went from x50s-TOs-APXs and still use 7.5D. APX's are a great pair of skates and I find they are a tad stiffer than the TOs.

Strange...

i had to size down in my TO's to a 7D, which I guess had to compensate for the extra width

#29 gcrude2012

gcrude2012

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

Btw I really enjoy the site! I currently use the retail APX and made the switch due from a X 7.0. I really liked the fit better on the x7.0. They seemed narrower and a better feel in the forefoot. I almost feel that I could go down a .5 size in the APX (in my case 8.5 to 8). Point being I would try a .5 smaller if you are making a x7.0 /x 6.0 switch to the APX. Possibly a custom solution in the future may be in order. Hopefully this helps anyone who is about to try this skate.

#30 1stOverall

1stOverall

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

They fit very similiar but i went from 7.5 D X60's to 7D APX. I like my skates like my women tight and light :up:

#31 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

They fit very similiar but i went from 7.5 D X60's to 7D APX. I like my skates like my women tight and light :up:

Haha!!!

Witcha on that one my brotha.

Currently Entertaining the idea of custom APXs...

My point being...APX do fit different from the rest of the vapor line from what I am understanding.

#32 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

And maybe one can help out...

On my X60s, I did not have an even lace up. It was even from the toe up till about the 3rd and 4th eyelet from the top in which it bowed out a bit, then came back up and tied tight on top 2.

2 months after I was skating on them, still gave me pain...

Thats where I decided to try the supreme line (TOs)

#33 Diesel8810

Diesel8810
  • LocationHockessin, Delaware

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

+1

I had been wearing an 8.5 Bauer skate (both retail and custom)for 20 years now and they have always fit exactly the same until my last pair.. I went to my LHS to try on both TO's and APX's.. Having worn the Vapor product (every generation) since the orig 8's I first tried the TO's (Which were on sale)in an 8.5 and they felt HUGE.. So I then stuck my foot in a APX and it felt much more familiar... I tried on the TO's in a 8 and they still felt big, effectively eliminating TO's (retail at least) for me as dropping a full size to a 7.5 would effectively drop the runner size to a 263 from a 272 and I definitely wasn't dealing with that.. After wearing the APX about 8 times (and having them baked 2X) they began to feel great... Super light and responsive... Although I do feel that I coulda went down a half size to an 8 in these and will do so next time..

So that was my long explanation of my take on the TO and APX skate fit..

In summary my opinion:

up to X60 - 8.5 = APX - 8 = TO - 7.5

Always looking for Pro Stock P91a RH 87ish Flex Grip Bauer Sticks.

#34 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

My X60s were a 7.5D, and after 2 month I developed a corn on my left pinky toe from the skate. I also felt the outer edges of my feet had aches even after 2 months of skating on them!

Got the TOs, downsized to a 7D, which so far feel pretty good. No pain in the sides of my feet, however since baking/ breaking them in the boot has developed a bit more room, and I do feel I can almost downsize a quarter to a half inch.

If i sit down and lace them up my foot doesnt touch the front. I have to push my foot ever so slightly forward to where I feel the front, then I can stick my finger in the back of my boot.

#35 topsnipe

topsnipe
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

My APX's are now broken in and I've got to say these are the most comfortable skates I have had. Upgraded from the TO's which I had a few problems with but these APX's are simply amazing. :up:

#36 Sabres

Sabres
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hey Dupes,
Any difference in sizing compared to X60..or Supreme?..or CCM? Thanks!

#37 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

thats what size i am and i stayed the same

the toe area is much for comfortable

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#38 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Hey Dupes,
Any difference in sizing compared to X60..or Supreme?..or CCM? Thanks!

I wear the exact same size in all models, but I think Supreme generally run .5 larger then Vapor's.
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#39 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

I wear the exact same size in all models, but I think Supreme generally run .5 larger then Vapor's.

That's correct, I can attest to that.

Usually a 7.5D vapor, am a 7.0D TO.

CANNOT confirm that for APX (As I HEAR they fit differently) but have not personally owned a pair.

#40 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

Bringing this thread back...

I did have to go .5 smaller in my APX compared to X60.

SO now a 7D in APX/TO and 7.5D in X60.

Skate is amazing, love everything about it.