Photo

2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

• Please log in to reply
16553 replies to this topic

#14021 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:47 PM

CCM is a bad example- their older sticks were absolute garbage (Vector line, etc) and they’ve made massive improvements in recent years. Some old Bauer and Easton twigs however (XXX Lite, One95, CNT, SE16) can easily go toe to toe with today’s models.

There needs to be a like button here!  :agree:

#14022 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:03 PM

CCM is a bad example- their older sticks were absolute garbage (Vector line, etc) and they’ve made massive improvements in recent years. Some old Bauer and Easton twigs however (XXX Lite, One95, CNT, SE16) can easily go toe to toe with today’s models.

I remember I saved up every last penny I had to get a One 95 and when it broke I was so depressed haha I went and got it repaired, I loved that stick so much.

#14023 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:02 PM

If Bauer remade the XXX Lite but just with the lighter TeXtreme carbon fiber instead of the 3k weave (meaning that the N2 Touch blade core and old style monocomp construction and the kick point are the exact same) that would be the most amazing stick. Can you imagine a 395g XXX Lite? Buttery release with the best feeling blade :drool:

Custom everything.

#14024 Nuck-sie

Nuck-sie

Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:17 PM

CCM is wayyy better these days. Their stuff is still a bit behind Bauer in quality, IMO. But the price is typically better. I’m using a Jetspeed twig and QL gloves and I’m loving them.

Formerly AussieCanuckHockeyLover

#14025 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:22 PM

CCM is wayyy better these days. Their stuff is still a bit behind Bauer in quality, IMO. But the price is typically better. I’m using a Jetspeed twig and QL gloves and I’m loving them.

I would agree with this. I'm still using a Trouba Jetspeed (true Jetspeed build) and a Trigger 2. They are both the first CCM sticks I've used that I thought could compete with Bauer and Warrior sticks.

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#14026 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:59 AM

As much as I love Bauer, I have to agree that quality has gone downhill. I got 6 MyBauer vapor 1x lites, and 5 of them all broke in the same spot on the back of the blade. For sure it was a defective batch and I complained to bauer, but they stood behind their warranty policy and would not replace them because it was outside the 30 days. I told them don't you guys find it funny how all 5 of them broke in the exact spot?! I'm on my final twig and I guarantee you it will break in the same spot... 

#14027 Karly14

Karly14

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:05 PM

a lot of people suffer from nostalgia when talking about past sticks, yes there were sticks that had huge jumps in terms of performance, but anybody trying to say a top of the line ccm from the early mid 2000's vs a top of the line from the last 5 years is delusional.

Agreed with the sentiment of stick performance currently having plateaued.

I think major retailers have realized the tech has plateaued for the moment, and that's why some of them will begin experimenting with gimmicky tech.

#14028 Nuck-sie

Nuck-sie

Posted 16 November 2018 - 02:22 PM

I don’t like where Bauer is going with their vapor line it’s getting too flashy and weak, their twigs are snapping like actual twigs. I agree twist, jetspeed and triggers are up there with some of the best.

#14029 FrankC1031

FrankC1031

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:21 PM

I don’t like where Bauer is going with their vapor line it’s getting too flashy and weak, their twigs are snapping like actual twigs. I agree twist, jetspeed and triggers are up there with some of the best.

I heard that all of the new Vapor 1X Lite's that the NHL teams are receiving have the green ADV on the bottom side of the shaft. A lot of the players don't like it and won't use them.

Kinda seems like they're preparing to transition the Vapor line fully into the ADV...which is not at all good news considering it was the flashiest and weakest stick they've ever put out.

#14030 Nuck-sie

Nuck-sie

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:38 PM

IMO the problem lies in that fact that everyone is getting really good at hockey, the shots are becoming really fast and hard. They need less weight-loss tech and more strength tech. It's nice to have a stick the same weight as a cloud, but if it's not going to stand up to a 6'3 200lb person behind it then I won't get it, especially if the cost stays at +300-400$$

The nexus line is a great underrated line, and I think they should push more of those. It would just be really annoying if hockey become too unsustainable, it basically is already. When I used to work in a hockey store the biggest complaint I would hear is how expensive it is. I saw way too many parents who couldn't afford to put their kids through the junior system. Let's pray that Bauer doesn't go full-crazy with these prices, pro stock stuff will reflect that too. 

Also, on a side note. A bit of a rumor so take it with a grain of salt, but I heard Bauer is pulling out of selling pro stock gear to retail stores.   :mad2:  :mad2:  :mad2: ....again could be a rumor but still.

#14031 LankNasty

LankNasty
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario

Posted 16 November 2018 - 07:59 PM

If Bauer remade the XXX Lite but just with the lighter TeXtreme carbon fiber instead of the 3k weave (meaning that the N2 Touch blade core and old style monocomp construction and the kick point are the exact same) that would be the most amazing stick. Can you imagine a 395g XXX Lite? Buttery release with the best feeling blade :drool:

So essentially, it wouldn’t be a xxx lite?

"Thank God theres still a sport for middle sized white boys"

-Derek Sutton (Youngblood) 

#3k

#14032 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 16 November 2018 - 08:41 PM

IMO the problem lies in that fact that everyone is getting really good at hockey, the shots are becoming really fast and hard. They need less weight-loss tech and more strength tech. It's nice to have a stick the same weight as a cloud, but if it's not going to stand up to a 6'3 200lb person behind it then I won't get it, especially if the cost stays at +300-400$$

The nexus line is a great underrated line, and I think they should push more of those. It would just be really annoying if hockey become too unsustainable, it basically is already. When I used to work in a hockey store the biggest complaint I would hear is how expensive it is. I saw way too many parents who couldn't afford to put their kids through the junior system. Let's pray that Bauer doesn't go full-crazy with these prices, pro stock stuff will reflect that too. 

Also, on a side note. A bit of a rumor so take it with a grain of salt, but I heard Bauer is pulling out of selling pro stock gear to retail stores.   :mad2:  :mad2:  :mad2: ....again could be a rumor but still.

I wouldnt doubt it Bauer/CCM/Warrior stopped selling "pro stock" equipment to retailers, it only hurts their retail sales. "Pro stock" gear hit the retail market hard about 8 years ago. Before then the only way you could purchase pro stock gear was from a team sale or from someone who had connection with that team. At some point the big boys (Hockey Monkey, Pure Hockey, etc) saw that there was a demand for "Pro Stock" gear and started demanding it from the manufacturers. Since there was never a huge supply of pro stock gear they started mass producing gear. If a team ordered 12 sticks they would make 24 knowing that one of the big stores would buy them. Same thing goes for pants/gloves/ misc gear. There is now a massive surge of "pro stock" gear available most retailed across the US and Canada that is direct competition with "retail" sales. 

I remember in 2008 receiving a list of "pro stock" gear from CCM and Bauer that we were allowed to pick from. I was able to buy as much as I could afford with no competition from other stores. Those lists have since disappeared and obtaining any gear direct from any of the big 3 companies is nearly impossible unless our booking numbers come close to the giants which they never will. TSR use to be the Bauer pro stock giant but the bigger stores complained and now you see Bauer pro stock gear spread throughout the bigger stores in the USA and Canada. Prostockhockey has killed the exclusiveness Warrior pro stock equipment once had. There was once a time when there might only be 1 or 3 pairs of Player ABC123 gloves available and now since PSH piggybacks orders with Warrior you can obtain Player ABC123 gloves almost as easy as a retail glove.

Limit the amount of "pro stock" gear available on the market and consumers will be forced to purchase more retail gear as they did 8-10 years ago. Bauer/CCM/Warrior spend money marketing their brand not so you go out and buy a pro stock stick or glove but so that you buy the $300+ newest stick or $275 lightest glove ever!!!

#14033 Nuck-sie

Nuck-sie

Posted 17 November 2018 - 12:29 AM

Yeah totally makes sense in a business way, still sucks since I can’t stand retail now haha

#14034 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 November 2018 - 01:05 AM

stop hacking so much. 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#14035 Goldberg21

Goldberg21
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 17 November 2018 - 01:14 AM

On the note of those adv graphics on the 1x lite, supposedly they're going to offer an "advanced" or adv version of every line (vapor, nexus, supreme) and for those who are complaining about bauer sticks being too flashy you better start using ccm because the new ones are only going to be more colorful 

#14036 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 17 November 2018 - 01:29 AM

So essentially, it wouldn’t be a xxx lite?

I don't know how changing the carbon weave would change the overall feel of the stick, but I'm saying all they need to do is make the XXX Lite but 20-30 grams lighter (to compete with light sticks these days) and keep everything else the same and it would be the perfect stick.

Custom everything.

#14037 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 November 2018 - 04:07 AM

I don't know how changing the carbon weave would change the overall feel of the stick, but I'm saying all they need to do is make the XXX Lite but 20-30 grams lighter (to compete with light sticks these days) and keep everything else the same and it would be the perfect stick.

That’s a completely different stick. You change the carbon you change a lot.

IG: Fooj Media

#14038 Nuck-sie

Nuck-sie

Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:59 AM

stop hacking so much.

I studied at the Hockey School of Marchand, I know nothing else.

#14039 HSelect09

HSelect09

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:53 PM

On the note of those adv graphics on the 1x lite, supposedly they're going to offer an "advanced" or adv version of every line (vapor, nexus, supreme) and for those who are complaining about bauer sticks being too flashy you better start using ccm because the new ones are only going to be more colorful 

this seems legit to me ... saw a few 1N / 2N XL and 1S / 2S XL on the pro stock side  ... they were XL for lighter weight 

#14040 MHC07

MHC07

Posted 18 November 2018 - 02:54 PM

this seems legit to me ... saw a few 1N / 2N XL and 1S / 2S XL on the pro stock side  ... they were XL for lighter weight

Any idea when these will be released? Is it a 2N XL? Or a 2N PRO XL?
Wonder if they are planning to make these XL versions available on myBauer because it is taking a very long time to get the 2NPRO up on for customization...