Photo

SE16 Hockey Stick (Retail)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 waffle

waffle
  • LocationOrange County, California, USA

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

So, I've been told by a few people that the Mako hockey stick is comparable to the SE16 hockey stick as far as performance/feel is concerned. Would you guys agree? Keep in mind these people aren't really Easton users so it's more like "he said she said". I need a little better than that before I decide to buy one. I don't like Reebok or Bauer sticks. I've always used Easton and they've always been great for me. I like the whippier sticks, which explains my choice of 75 flex. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

LH Iginla 75 is my setup. I don't really bother with pro stock as I don't see the whippy sticks in a curve I'll use. The only other curve I'll use is the Modano/Forsberg/Zetterberg/Cammalleri.

You're gonna carry that weight...

#2 hockey17

hockey17

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

I used se16s all last season i love the sticks! I used the Mako for a 2 hour shoot around, it felt really similar to the se16s in my opinion the only difference was the weight and abit of balance! But thats only my opinion! Everyone will have a different one

#3 OutcastFalcon

OutcastFalcon
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

I've used an EQ50 recently and it felt close. Albeit I haven't used a Mako so I can't comment on it. Most of what I've seen teammates use are SE16's dressed as (insert Easton stick name here)

#4 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

The Mako is for sure the closest thing to a SE16.
The EQ50 didnt have the same feel at all IMO.
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#5 Sabres

Sabres
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

The Mako is for sure the closest thing to a SE16.
Thee EQ50 didnt have the same feel at all IMO.

I concur....I have both(PS), and the Mako feels more like S16 to me?

#6 invictus8

invictus8

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

I loved the SE16 I went through like 3 or 4 of them...I got the EQ50 after that and I was happy. It felt kinda close, I haven't tried the Mako yet though

#7 Sabres

Sabres

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

You prefer Blue or Red? I always liked the Blue(non grip I believe)? ;)

#8 invictus8

invictus8

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

Blue, I don't like grip on my sticks. I enjoy being able to move my hands more easily

#9 Sabres

Sabres

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

Skeiner in the new pick ups section, just posted a pic, said he may be selling some of his stuff? He had a few S16's in his pic? Maybe contact him if you are looking for a cpl? Cheers!