Photo

What is G3?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Bardownhockey8

Bardownhockey8

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

Is G3 a one95 or a custom flex profile One95 or no? I thought C28 and C29 are one95.

#2 Bardownhockey8

Bardownhockey8

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

And what kind of stick is it?

#3 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

G3 is a Nexus 1000 stick now.
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#4 noodle3872

noodle3872
  • LocationChilliwack BC

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

G3 is a custom flex profile. The new Nexus 1000 is said to have a G3 flex profile. For the pro ranks, G3 can be had it different materials to give the feel etc the player is after.

https://www.google.c...iw=1192&bih=568

#5 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

I have a NXG G3?
ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY TEAM USA AND FLYERS GEAR..AND ANYTHING ELSE RARE

#6 SSG_Beantown33

SSG_Beantown33
  • LocationGrafton, MA

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

G3/4/5/92...ect. are just numbers in a sequence that they have from there stick test flexing/profiling system

Each specific profile they create, creates a new G#

G3 happend to be the most used/popular and sought after so they put it on the Nexus

#7 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

Multiple flex points. High mid and low depending on what the pro wants for example one could have a stick thats stiff in the top and bottom but lower flex at the bottom

#8 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Multiple flex points. High mid and low depending kn what the pro wants

Question I have is. What Kind of stick is it. Total one,NXG,one95. Etc. cause yes they r nexus now. So what do I have for say. I have a brand new NXG with G3. G3 been out for awhile

#9 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

I have a total one. Few of them different players G3. Dif years also. So it's hard to say what it is My understanding from what I was told is it's a one95 with custom flex profile. I could be work. But if that's not the case then y do they all look the same?

#10 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

Question I have is. What Kind of stick is it. Total one,NXG,one95. Etc. cause yes they r nexus now. So what do I have for say. I have a brand new NXG with G3. G3 been out for awhile

G3 have been out for awhile but only available to the pros, so the nxg is built like the G3 with out special request such as retail, and like caps said all the G3's feel diff. because they all have custom flex profiles

#11 SSG_Beantown33

SSG_Beantown33
  • LocationGrafton, MA

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

Liek most has said, G3 flex profile has been out and only available to pros.....here it is pretty simplified

APX - whippy low kickpoint/stiff blade, great for the wrister
T1/NXG - Mid kick/soft blade, great for loading up on the point...blah blah blah
Nexus (or any G3) - Flex point is wherever you hands are when you load up on the stick, clapper, wrister, its a custom flex to whatever shot you are taking.

G3 is just another flex like mid kick/ low whip / dual flex points / ect....any of the Bauer sticks can use the stick technology that is based on that stick plus that flex profile

#12 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

G3 was originally a stick designed by Bauer years ago that never hit retail but was and is very popular with pro players. The stick is divided up into 3 sections with the middle being the stiffest and the top and bottom being whippier. All the G3 flex profiles flex the same. The reason why some are lighter than other is the construction inside the shaft due to re infircement etc. All the G3 sticks are made out of a 12k weave while the nexus is made out of textreme technology which came out in the x60 blade. There is no G3 stick (up until now with the nexus) which is why you see G3s painted as totalones, apx for marketing purposes

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#13 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

Im understanding now. So sayin that my nxg are one95 repaint isn't right. I said they were cause they look the same

#14 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Im understanding now. So sayin that my nxg are one95 repaint isn't right. I said they were cause they look the same

It may be a true nxg but cant be certain.usually the sticks will say g3 in the spot were bauer usually puts the stick code like o44 o33 ect. But i could be wrong

#15 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

Exactly caps a totalone g3 isnt an nxg just a totalone with the g3 flex..i gotta say i laughed when you said you were confusing yourself because i was doing the same to myself haha

#16 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

The sticks structurally look all the same, in terms of the type of blade fused with the same pattern shaft... but the weights varied, which I assume is based on the thickness of the walls and some other variables that each player specifically requests.

You can have the whole bottom third re inforced, it looks like cement was dumped in there, or just a variance of thick and thiner walls.

Correct. Your NXGs and one95s are G3s but have the most updated paint job for marketing purposes.

It may be a true nxg but cant be certain.usually the sticks will say g3 in the spot were bauer usually puts the stick code like o44 o33 ect. But i could be wrong

If it says G3 it isnt a true NXG

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#17 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hahaha I'm so mind fucked right now

#18 Brian

Brian

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Just remember, the graphics on the pro sticks are just advertisements, for the most part.

#19 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

the best stick out there....that's what a G3 is

oh...also

Posted Image
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#20 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

the best stick out there....that's what a G3 is

I think so also. I gt that and Rbz at 1 and 2. I always have both wit me everytime I skate. Really great sticks