Photo

Easton Mako Skates!

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#41 Krev

Krev
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Probably me. Unfortunately, the unwritten rule with referee's is skates need to be predominately black, so...

#42 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Posted Image

Someone on acid design the outside look on these ???

Ugliest fucking skate I've seen in a long time IMO, major paint job needed on these and you'll be fixing rivets in no time flat too. Garbage garbage garbage, Easton skates can be very comfortable but they break down so easily it's stupid.

#43 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

or just wait for a pro to start usin em and pick em up in a year for 300$ or less

Even that is too much for Easton skates, durability and Easton skates don't go together. I don't care how comfortable the skates are, if they break down before they break it's a big waste of money.

#44 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

funny u say that max, my friends eastons skates just ripped apart today lmao

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#45 Krev

Krev
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

I think you'll be surprisingly impressed with the Mako skate. It's an MLX boot, much improved upon, and with Easton funding. Super advanced. Don't bash the skate until you try it on.

#46 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

I think you'll be surprisingly impressed with the Mako skate. It's an MLX boot, much improved upon, and with Easton funding. Super advanced. Don't bash the skate until you try it on.

I have nothing against MLX, I know Dave and know his products well. The problem with the skates is that Easton is involved, they've failed to prove they can make a quality ice skate that lasts.

#47 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

I have nothing against MLX, I know Dave and know his products well. The problem with the skates is that Easton is involved, they've failed to prove they can make a quality ice skate that lasts.

Absolutely, I've owned 3 pairs of Eastons, hoping that they'd get better but no. i love the way they fit but they just don't measure up, the lower sides break down, the rivets pop out WAY too fast and the outer sides pull away from each other {delaminate if you will} sooooo easily that it's a waste of money.

I'll stick with my Grafs because they fit great and their like a Timex, they take a lickin and keep on tickin.

Wish my feet would feel good in Bauers but uh uh, might try a Reebok next though. :workout:

#48 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Probably me. Unfortunately, the unwritten rule with referee's is skates need to be predominately black, so...

O hey Krev, welcome here! Guys, Krev is the biggest MLX/mako skate guy ive ever seen on msh, he loves these things.

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#49 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

didn't even notice Krev came over! welcome to the land where you can talk about MLX skates as much as you want without getting your posts deleted. :censored:

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#50 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Im so anxious to test these out.
I wonder if the fit will be exactly the same then the MLX, which were the most comfy skates ive worn in my life :LOL:
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#51 Krev

Krev
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

The fit is improved. I finally got a chance to try them on. Sadly, I couldn't take them with me as they belonged to a WHL player. Sad day.

#52 Jdh4

Jdh4

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

I also had an opportunity to try these on. A half size larger than my current size 9 MLX. I will need a 9 Mako as well. Some Pros have been going up a 1/2 size. The finish and quality is far superior to any recent Easton skate...thankfully.

As a MLX proponent, I will be first in line to pull the trigger on these when released.
MLX has been the most comfortable and best performing skate I have owned.

#53 Krev

Krev
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

I too am moving up a half size from 7 MLX to 7.5 Mako. After 2+ years my MLX skates finally started breaking down in the heel. Epoxy has been holding it up, but I can't get the Mako skates fast enough. A lot of people are skeptical of quality, as they should since Easton skates have never been good in that department, but the Mako skate should go a very long way to help that. Easton provided the funding necessary to make this skate what it should have been had MLX had the same backing. Mario has a lot of cash... Easton has more.

#54 marlin

marlin

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

How deep is the boot, is it as deep as the EQ40 or?

#55 GiancarloSFL

GiancarloSFL
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Krev let me know how you are going to paint your skates I want to do the same.

#56 GiancarloSFL

GiancarloSFL
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Is there a way to paint them black with out harming the boot?

#57 Krev

Krev
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

As long as you don't use sandpaper I imagine you'd be fine. I'll probably just use some painting tape and cardboard to mark off/block and then spray the bottom part. Might black in the orange too.

I might not color them at all, haven't officially decided yet.

#58 GiancarloSFL

GiancarloSFL
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

I saw them in black in the Easton speed institute video and they look amazing! !!! I really wish Easton would have them in all black as well.

#59 Krev

Krev
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Those were prototype, not a final design by any means.

#60 GiancarloSFL

GiancarloSFL
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

but the Color wow that was classy (I know they need product recognition and all) but still i can dream lol