Photo

Ever tailor a jersey??>Tailored! Thoughts??

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 cott1

cott1

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

Anyone ever have a pro stock jersey tailored?
Maybe you got your hands on a hard to find jersey but it doesn't quit just right - anyone ever take it to a tailor to take it down a size?
I'm interested in anyone's experience or thoughts on this or how difficult it might be - I'm considering it but am slightly afraid of messing up the jersey....but I kinda feel like it would be like tailoring anything else...guess it depends on the skills of the tailor :)
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Click here to leave feedback Cott1 *NEW* Feedback Profile
Click here to view past feedback thread Cott1 *OLD* Feedback Thread

#2 Too Old

Too Old
  • LocationIowa

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

Yep. I had bought a pair of Wings practice jerseys in size 56 and had them altered down to nearer a size 52. Worked like a charm and didn't cost much at all. I also have a Hudler gamer that's had the sleeves shortened and tapered. I know also St. Louis has his jerseys modified a bunch seeing he's not a big guy.

#3 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

I modded a jersey for my rec league team. Basically just brought the seam in a couple inches on the sleeve and torso. After doing it the guy didn't cut any of the fabric off so as to keep it if I ever wanted to go back. It was good. He wasn't a proper tailor though. I'm sure one of them would do it real real nice like.

#4 cott1

cott1

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

thanks for the info guys!

#5 cott1

cott1

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Ok so I just had my pro stock NYR WC practic jersey tailored and it fits like a glove - I only have a couple gripes/buyers remorse and I'm fishing for some of you guys to make me feel that it's fine and doesn't matter...:)

1) just a tad short...maybe by an inch - really doesn't matter that much it fits fine, I just notice when I wear my hustlers cause the back pad is so big the jersey rides up a little and sometimes gets caught in it, which is a look I'm not too fond of :)

2) the grey that used to be around the bottom of the jersey isn't there anymore cause to alter the bottom and bring in the side seems meant that stripe didn't fit naturally back on

3) same with the grey at the end of the sleeves

4) the grey under the armpits doesn't match up 100% but it's hard to tell unless you look close - definitely can't tell on the ice

5) Also the "restitched" size patch is a little high, it crosses the seem and I might have them lower it so it doesn't cross the seem but that's just me being a little OCD I think...

Here are some pics - first a before - then the afters

BEFORE

Posted Image

AFTER

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 cott1

cott1

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

nobody?

#7 BoatsAndHossa

BoatsAndHossa
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

That looks awesome.

Could never tell it was tailored. I've got a 58+ jersey that is a tad too big.

Seeing this makes me want to bring it in to have it done.

#8 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Looks good, size patch doesn't look bad either. My big ass would probably have to add fabric, not take it away! lol

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#9 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Looks very good! Wish the silver stripe on the bottom was still there. But I would have no idea it was tailored if I only saw the after pic.

#10 cott1

cott1

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

That looks awesome.

Could never tell it was tailored. I've got a 58+ jersey that is a tad too big.

Seeing this makes me want to bring it in to have it done.

Thanks!
You should do it - it literally took one weekend to do - the only thing I would suggest is being VERY VERY specific, Also, I went to a tailor that I don't usually go to, mainly because he is more expensive, but I wanted to make sure this was done right, he did a good job on it though so no complaints here.

#11 jtwright2

jtwright2
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:19 PM

Can any of you guys give me the name of a tailor that I might be able to send a jersey to have this done?  I have a 58k that needs to be tailored, would love any recommendations if possible!

#12 nicnok

nicnok
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:10 PM

Can any of you guys give me the name of a tailor that I might be able to send a jersey to have this done?  I have a 58k that needs to be tailored, would love any recommendations if possible!

Let me know if you find someone and how it works out. I have the same issue.

#13 jtwright2

jtwright2

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:48 PM

Will do - went to a tailor who wouldn't do it, so this is my last hope!  I messaged Cott1, hopefully we will hear back.  In other posts it sounded like his guy was a pro!

#14 nicnok

nicnok
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:25 PM

Cool thanks. I saw the messages where he said he had it done and just assumed any tailor would do it. Let me know what he says!

#15 afrozenpond

afrozenpond
  • LocationUtica, NY

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:32 PM

I've had a few done at my tailor. Impeccable work! Tang's Alterations in Manassas, Virginia. Just completed turning a blank, red 3.0 size 56 praccy into a *54.

#16 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:00 PM

Can any of you guys give me the name of a tailor that I might be able to send a jersey to have this done? I have a 58k that needs to be tailored, would love any recommendations if possible!

What area are you in?

#threadcloser

#17 jtwright2

jtwright2

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:23 AM

What area are you in?

Boston, MA - but frequently in the LA area.  Do you guys do this kind of work?  Would love to get this done if possible!

#18 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:35 AM

You can ask Cutting Edge Sports in Woburn. Ask for Diane and please tell her we referred you.

#threadcloser