Photo

Holder Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

I just ordered a pair of pro TotalOnes from one of Ebay's champs, Thom (aka stickfixtexassouth). They're size 7 1/4, which I'm excited about, 'cause I have 7.5 One100s right now and my toes don't quite touch, so I think these might be perfect in that respect. But what I'm worried about is that I looked at the auction today and the holders are 280. Usually these would have 263 on them, but these are 280! I expect that the pro who ordered them figured he could get going a bit faster with the longest possible holders. I don't know. What I want to know is if I'll be able to put proper 263 on these when I get them if I so choose. The holes were obviously drilled for the big holders and only for the big holders. Will it be possible to get the smaller holders on? They'll have to drill new holes I would imagine. Would the holes be too close together and compromise their stability or something? I have no clue about this business.

Here's a link to the auction so you can see for yourself:

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1439.l2648

#2 twitchx116

twitchx116

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

I was watching those! I went home to buy them and saw they were gone haha. I'm kinda bummed I didn't get them. I have a pair of 7.25 skates with 272 holders which might be easier to put on then 263s but then again I'm not 100% sure. Hope you enjoy them once you figure out your holder issue.