Photo

Anyone into bowling?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SouthpawTRK

SouthpawTRK

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

I was wondering if any members here bowl? I'm going to be joining a league in the Spring of 2013 and am looking for some advice on buying my first ball and some shoes. Thanks in advance for any and all help!
~B~

#2 Half

Half
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

Go to a place with a decent pro-shop and talk to the people running it. Most of them have been doing it a LONG time and are very knowledgeable. Some will even have you throw a couple balls to get a feel for your swing and movement. It's something that is really hard to give advice about without seeing you bowl.

#3 Too Old

Too Old
  • LocationIowa

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

And you'll find different balls work for different lane conditions. I bowled leagues for years then wised up. It cost a fortune. Not the bowling; the beer and drinks. :LOL:

#4 SouthpawTRK

SouthpawTRK

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

@ Half: I checked out my local bowling alley's pro shop the other day. They were very helpful and informative, but their inventory was a little lacking. I'm going to check out some other pro shops and see what their selection is like and if they have different viewpoints on getting started. Seeing me bowl would be worth a good laugh :)

@ Too Old: I've been checking out some bowling websites and it's amazing to find out about various bowling balls; various lane conditions, how much a ball can hook, drilling patterns, etc... My goal is to have fun, but I can see how one can amass a collection of bowling balls. Unfortunately, I have allergic reactions to alcohol/beer, so I won't be spending too much on beverages at the lanes.
~B~

#5 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

do they have such things as pro stock bowling equipment?

Posted Image

Posted Image

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#6 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Posted Image
WTB: Blackhawk Hossa Franchises

#7 Too Old

Too Old
  • LocationIowa

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Hardest thing for me was to move to a full fingertip drilling. It just felt like I'd drop it but after some time it was worth the change. I was no great bowler though, lol. I usually averaged in the 190-200 area. One guy that I bowled with has I believe two 300 games while the office manager where I work has rolled close to 10 of them. They're trying to get me to at least sub this winter but I declined with hockey going on.