Alone at the rink

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 JBFG

JBFG
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

I just had an amazing skate this afternoon
I was the only one that showed up today for practice so I had the whole rink for myself. 1.5 hrs of pure fun. Me and a milk crate full of pucks.
It was a different experience but fun none the less. My forearms were sore at the end for sure lol

Anyone ever had one of those experience?

#2 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Yeah, one afternoon, it was me and one other guy for 60 minutes... each of us just shooting pucks at each end.

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#3 BoatsAndHossa

BoatsAndHossa
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Where was your skate?

On the base?

#4 JBFG

JBFG
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Yes it was on the base :)
What were you doing at 1130?

#5 hockey17

hockey17

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Me and my buddy do that a lot actually at the rink i work at! We go over on our spares and just take shots for a few hours. Me and him go 1-3 times a week depending on work and hockey schedules! Its actually the most fun you can have out on the ice

#6 BoatsAndHossa

BoatsAndHossa
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Yes it was on the base :)
What were you doing at 1130?

Watching you from the stands...

Kidding.

Day off work today. I was doing nothing. Haha.

#7 JBFG

JBFG
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

Watching you from the stands...

Kidding.

Day off work today. I was doing nothing. Haha.

yeah I noticed that your sign was a bit short on glitter. put some effort into it next time gosh!:rofl: :rofl:

#8 JBFG

JBFG
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

Me and my buddy do that a lot actually at the rink i work at! We go over on our spares and just take shots for a few hours. Me and him go 1-3 times a week depending on work and hockey schedules! Its actually the most fun you can have out on the ice

yeah for sure. this is when you trully have a chance to practice. we normally do end up doing shinnies instead.

but this way i had a change to work on my shooting and deking; i mostly deke myself out. lol

#9 hockey17

hockey17

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

yeah for sure. this is when you trully have a chance to practice. we normally do end up doing shinnies instead.

but this way i had a change to work on my shooting and deking; i mostly deke myself out. lol

We usually start out shooting then a 1 on 1 posts but yeaah its the best were to practice dekes and shooting. I find the most fun is having a 3 on 3 posts!

#10 ibeck

ibeck

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

Anyone ever had one of those experience?

I worked at a summer camp 2 summers ago up north from Montreal. They had an indoor ice rink and I ran the program. I cant tell you how many times when I was bored or skipped nights out, i'd just head over and shoot pucks for hours or play 1-1 vs one of my best friends.

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#11 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

its pretty cool to be alone.
But then again, alone for 1 hour is long.
1 vs 1 is a lot more fun :y
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#12 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

I havent had ice to myself but when i was playing roller I would go out alot by myself.. should have worked on more than shooting with all that space but it is nice to have a rink to yourself!

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#13 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

I hate being alone. Happens sometimes during shinny. I don't mind working on a few things for 20-30 minutes, but I just wanna PLAY. Gets really boring out there alone. With a bud though, I agree, it's awesome.

#14 ibeck

ibeck

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

I hate being alone. Happens sometimes during shinny. I don't mind working on a few things for 20-30 minutes, but I just wanna PLAY. Gets really boring out there alone. With a bud though, I agree, it's awesome.

Its guitarawesome!

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#15 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

^^ this guy gets it.

#16 JBFG

JBFG
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

yeah i normally do 3 on 3 with post on monday (since that's all that shows up) and on friday i sometime do 1 on 1. i guess that friday ice time is too early for some (7am). i mean it's FREE ice time during work hours. i guess some people rather work than play hockey :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

but hey, that means more ice time for me :)

#17 BoatsAndHossa

BoatsAndHossa
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

yeah I noticed that your sign was a bit short on glitter. put some effort into it next time gosh!:rofl: :rofl:

Noted.

I'll use more glitter next time.

Sorry.

:D

#18 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

I've had a lot of these when rinks open up slots of ice at odd times. It's amazing the few times I went just me and my pal skating and shooting for three hours. We filmed like two videos one time alone.

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#19 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

I remember once I showed up for stick and puck and no one else was there. It got to the end of the hour and a half and I figured I'd just wait for the Zamboni. Two hours later (three and a half in total) I was tired and it still hadn't come. Almost four hours on the ice alone. It was rad.