Photo

CCM RBZ 60

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Purelife

Purelife
  • LocationToronto

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Was wondering if anyone has tried one out yet? What do you think of it?

#2 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

I havent tried it on the ice, but felt it at the store, IMO it will compete with the T90 in terms of performance.
I love the fact that it's the exact same look the the RBZ. :y
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#3 boltsfan491

boltsfan491
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

They took that one out the Easton's playbook on the new line of the RS series, except for the S55 it has a HORRID yellow rear face.
lets go lightning

#4 CapAttack

CapAttack

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

It weighs almost 600 grams :eek: I'm going to have to grow popeye forearms in order to use one

#5 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

It weighs almost 600 grams :eek: I'm going to have to grow popeye forearms in order to use one

Its around 500 grams, no?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#6 boltsfan491

boltsfan491
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

From Total Hockey's site, the description:

As opposed to the SpeedBlade Technology used in the RBZ, the RBZ 60 uses a foam core that is slightly heavier but still packs a powerful punch. The foam cuts down on blade tension and allows you to cradle the puck with ease.

In the world of golf, TaylorMade introduced the Coefficient of Restitution. Also known as the trampoline effect. In hockey terms, this is where the blade releases stored energy upon impact. This technology helps eliminate energy lost on impact and maximizes puck speed off the blade, resulting in harder passes and heavier shots.

The RBZ 60 is constructed with slightly modified composite material when compared to the standard RBZ. This composite is still Grade A material, but it's slightly heavier, clocking in at a healthy 598 Grams vs 454 Grams of its uber-light older brother. The extra weight makes the RBZ 60 ideal for defensive players, stronger players, or any players just looking for a darn good value.

The RBZ 60 still features Power Swing Technology, which provides a finer weight and flex distribution, giving you more torque on your follow-through and a quicker release. The constant stiffness of the shaft gives you a customized kick-point for optimal loading.

The RBZ 60 was designed for the player who wants to fire an accurate shot that will blow a hole in the back of the net.
lets go lightning

#7 underworldeagle

underworldeagle
  • LocationMontreal, Qc

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

i.m.o it cant compete with other price point sticks like the 65s and dt4. have tried both of them and was really impressed with what 100$ can get you stickwise (at retail that is).

#8 boltsfan491

boltsfan491
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

The pro shop had a few of these, IMO it felt heavy, bulky and extremely blade heavy. It seems the lower/mid range Bauers and CCM both feel blade heavy until the Eastons. My biggest turn off with CCM sticks is the shaft feels really big. (that sounds so wrong)
lets go lightning

#9 CapAttack

CapAttack

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

Its around 500 grams, no?

total hockey says 598! I feel like not even your basic composite stick weighs that much. I know they say "strap a rocket to the puck" for the RBZ...sounds like for the RBZ 60 they strapped a brick to the stick

#10 SyNergy

SyNergy

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

The 60 seems heavier but not blade heavy when i was checking it out, Anyways a friend bought one so i'll give it a try.

#11 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

My biggest turn off with CCM sticks is the shaft feels really big. (that sounds so wrong)

I was old the shaft was the exact same then the RBZ, only difference is the blade. :dunno:
I felt it in store and didnt notice anything, I actually would consider buying one if I had to.

#12 phillyflyers215

phillyflyers215
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

The only difference in the look is the red is a bit brighter.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 boltsfan491

boltsfan491
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

Doing some more research on mid price point sticks (i busted my the other night) The Easton S65 is almost 100 grams lighter. The Bauer One.6 is about 75 grams lighter. Dupes, the rink i play out of mostly stocks Eastons and Bauers. I almost never get my hands on CCM sticks, the shaft just feels odd to me. It almost feels more like a broom handle then a hockey stick.
lets go lightning

#14 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Got one coming in a 85 Hopkins grip. Friends picked me up one for $100 new in town. Ill do a review.

#15 Huskie94

Huskie94
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I asked a guy who was using one at my practice the other day. Says it feels a lot whippier than other sticks and he hates it. The thing with the new CCM sticks seems to be you either love it or you hate it.

#16 JKabana

JKabana
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

I've never used a CCM stick, but as someone who golfs as well, the Taylormade-CCM combo has interested me from the start. I heard good things about the first version, and if the blade is even more improved on this one, I'd definitely consider buying it

Generally looking for:

Pens gear

Gibson gear

RPI gear

#17 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

I spend $100 on sticks. I can't justify more money. I score all my gear for cheaper than retail. Banging up a stick game in and out and shelling the crazy prices is not my style. Ill snipe just fine with a $100 one.

#18 Gefiltefish

Gefiltefish

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Friend just bought one. To me it felt just as balanced as a 65S and T90. The shaft size and weight really reminded me of the T90.

For non-closeout sticks, the 65S still gets my vote. The DT4 is a close second. The T90 is a lot of stick for $30 more and I think the RBZ 60 will be close to that. It's up to each own to decide if the $30 difference is worth it from the $100 65S/DT4 to the $130 T90/RBZ 60.

Aesthetically, I think it's awesome that Easton made the 65S look really similar to the RS2. Same with CCM and the RBZ and RBZ 60. I could not tell it was the 60 until he told me!

~Sam~

#19 theflash0000

theflash0000

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

Anyone out there used both an RBZ and an RBZ 60? Curious how big of a drop-off in performance (based on actual experience/observations, not just marketing/hype) there is between the $250 model and the $100 model.

Check out The Hockey Locker Podcast!

Episode 7 of The Hockey Locker Podcast is now live! We discuss the latest gear news and releases, including the Bauer MX3 stick and we talk about how to deal with a hockey injury from both a mental and physical perspective. Download here! 

http://hockeylockerp....wordpress.com/

Twitter: @Hockey_Locker

hockeylockerpodcast@gmail.com

#20 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

a guy on my team has an rbz 60 75 flex and man that thing is a noodle

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram