Photo

CCM RBZ 60

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

Isn't there a load of fiberglass in this stick compared to the full composite ??

That's what i was told at the shop. :dunno:

#42 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

Are you coming off a stiff stick blade? I found the blade good and hard my snap shit felt better.

Ive been using APX, T1, and RS, so yeah I'd say they are all a little stiffer. I was just surprised that I was able to bend the blade that easily with my hands.

#43 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

because the rbz 60 doesn't have the "speed blade" like the true RBZ would it give the rbz60 better puck feel due to the foam in the blade core?

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#44 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Compared to which stick? The RBZ? Most definitely but the puck feel with the RBZ is terrible so anything is better tbh.

#45 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

Disagree entirely. Puck feel with the RBZ is the best out of any stick I have ever used.

#46 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Disagree entirely. Puck feel with the RBZ is the best out of any stick I have ever used.

So, in your opinion are they worth the $119.99 ?? That's what they are priced at at my LHS.

Just don't want to get one and have the blade feel soft to me after a few games. I like the feel and look though, and would probably go with the RNH curve or maybe even the Landsekog {spelling ?}, that's a wicked curve on that baby !!

#47 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

I wouldn't know about the 60, I use the expensive RBZ.

All I know is it's absolutley incredible, and everyone I've let use it has switched as well.

And I had a couple of Landy ones, the curve is pretty good! I switched to Tavares though, was having trouble with backhands due to the banana like nature of the curve.

#48 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Mine has been in 4 games still strong.

#49 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

At $119, I'd consider it one of the better "value" sticks on the shelf.

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#50 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

At $119, I'd consider it one of the better "value" sticks on the shelf.

Me too.

Same with the Sher-Wood T90.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#51 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Agree to disagree. RBZ was the worst for me.

#52 modny123

modny123

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'm glad I brought this thread back from the dead seems like lotsnkfndiscussion discussion is still needed on rbz60

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

#53 wrlittle

wrlittle
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

Had a game last night. One of the better players on the opposing team had a 60.

I asked him if he liked it. "No, it's shit." Asked him what he didn't like about it. "There's no feel to it. It's stiff, I don't mean its flex. It feels dead."

#54 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

Again, speaking for the RBZ, not the 60:

The shaft walls are thicker than most people are used to. It's very tough to get used to. It takes a long time to get used to the kickpoint. But once you do, you're unstoppable.

#55 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

It took me no time to get used to it. I've been using Easton my whole hockey life, with the occasional Bauer and Warrior and Reebok thrown in for good measure. I was sold the first shot I took - and that was with a stick that is probably eight inches too long for me. The "strap a rocket to the puck" tagline is apt. My shot is like never before - and I'm not a better player than I was before the switch. I want to get an RBZ60 to serve as my backup, but they're hard to find online in my flex and curve. 

#56 modny123

modny123

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

so all this" strap a roket to the puck" stuff is actually real? 

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

#57 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

I'm shooting harder than I ever had, to say the least.

#58 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

It's as real as you can expect. At least that's my feeling on them. 

#59 theflash0000

theflash0000

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

I'm no expert on stick mechanics, but I'm thinking it has more to do with the straight shaft and the "anywhere" kick point idea than anything else. I am absolutely noticing a much harder kick with my RBZ than any other stick I've used, but I'm attributing that to probably having always used the wrong stick for my shot. I feel like the RBZ conforms to what I'm doing, rather than me having to focus on my hand being a certain place/using a certain shot mechanic to get max results.

Check out The Hockey Locker Podcast!

Episode 7 of The Hockey Locker Podcast is now live! We discuss the latest gear news and releases, including the Bauer MX3 stick and we talk about how to deal with a hockey injury from both a mental and physical perspective. Download here! 

http://hockeylockerp....wordpress.com/

Twitter: @Hockey_Locker

hockeylockerpodcast@gmail.com

#60 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

Agree one hundred percent. It's stupid that a stick would be built for wristers or clappers specifically. As if someone would never have the occasion to use the other one. That's why I think the RBZ60 will be good. It's got the same customizable kickpoint business. The blade won't be the same, and the RBZ blade is lively as fuck, but I suspect the shaft has more to do with the improvement in my shot than does the blade.