Photo

Bauer Pro pant fitment

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 MikeO

MikeO
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

I saw a similar thread about Reebok/CCM pant sizing, but nothing for Bauer.

I'm looking at buying my first pair of Bauer Pro 2-piece pants, and without being able to try them on I'm concerned about sizing. I've read they run large, I've read they are snug...not sure what to believe. I'm 5'11" 190, so I'm thinking either medium or large.

So, knowing that many on here have these pants, what size do you have, what size are you and what are your thoughts on how they fit?

I appreciate everyone's input!

-mike o.

#2 NYIslanders21

NYIslanders21
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

I'm 6' /6'1 and I can wear either or... Large is easier to get and I don't think will be too big of an issue... I to like the length of mediums tho

#3 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

I'd go for the M. I have a pair of pro Bauer lowers in XS and the fit is great. For reference, I'm 5'8" and 170.

#4 MikeO

MikeO
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

Thanks guys, I've also been matching players pants with their sizes (I'm sure you know how some of them have their names embroidered on the white name plate on the uppers). Seems a medium would be best, but a large wouldn't be too bad, either.

#5 bretwilhite

bretwilhite
  • LocationPHL

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

What about length, guys? We just put an order in to Bauer earlier this month for new pants and I got marked down for a Med. Tall. Good call waist-wise, but I'm 6'2" and never order "Tall" pants before. Thoughts?

#6 MikeO

MikeO
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

By tall, do you mean +1,+2? Just based on what I've been seeing online on what size NHL players have for these pants compared to their height, I'd say a +1 for a medium isn't a bad idea for your height. Jordan Eberle is listed as 5'11" and wears a normal sized medium. Mark Stuart is 6'2" and wears a normal large, Ponikarovsky is 6'4" and wears a L+1. Jordan Staal is 6'4" and wears normal XL.

So from that it seems:

5'11" = M
6'2" = L or M+1
6'4" = L+1 or XL.

#7 MikeO

MikeO
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

We just put an order in to Bauer earlier this month for new pants

Is this ordering for a team? I've been looking for a pair of plain black Bauer pro 2-piece so I can use the lowers for adult league and it gives me the uppers for my 'pro stock' future endeavors. Found a store on ebay that has them, but they are sold out in medium and large:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2322c792e3

#8 potatoclock39

potatoclock39

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Is this ordering for a team? I've been looking for a pair of plain black Bauer pro 2-piece so I can use the lowers for adult league and it gives me the uppers for my 'pro stock' future endeavors. Found a store on ebay that has them, but they are sold out in medium and large:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2322c792e3

NCAA hockey team, I dont know which but they are the lowest level that can order them in team orders

#9 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

5'9 ....200lbs , 36 waist. Bauer Supremes size large. Waist is perfect , thighs are great , length is great.
Medium , waist n thighs too small , length too short.
Reebok 7000 large as well.

My jeans are hemmed at a 28in inseam.

#10 MikeO

MikeO
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

NCAA hockey team, I dont know which but they are the lowest level that can order them in team orders

That's what I figured, but thought it was worth asking (hell, if I can order the darned things instead of scouring ebay I'm all for it). :)

#11 potatoclock39

potatoclock39

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

That's what I figured, but thought it was worth asking (hell, if I can order the darned things instead of scouring ebay I'm all for it). :)

I know what you mean, I would never look that hard either. U can order pro pants from reebok though, but it must be a team order.

#12 MikeO

MikeO
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

I just took the dive. Brand new pair of Bauer 2-piece pants, all black.

Ended up with Large, mostly because that's all they had (besides small)...and I'd rather have pants a bit too big versus a bit too small. Can't wait to get them.

If anyone wants a pair of smalls it looks like they have two pairs left. http://www.ebay.com/...em=150907359971

#13 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Only thing I don't like about the supreme is a small piece of padding that's attached n covers the inner thigh area .... Too bulky
I cut mine right out.

#14 gator

gator

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

I've been looking at Bauer pro stock pants recently and noticed that there are three different styles, the plain one (sorry don't know the proper name for them), the one95, and the x60s. I'm assuming the pro stock one95 is regular like retail supremes and x60 tapered like retail vapors. Do all three fit the same in terms of waist and length, and do they all feature the same level of protection and materials?

Apologies if this has been asked before, did a search but wasn't able to dig anything up. I just discovered pro stock gear and this forum very recently and am itching to get a pair of bauers, i'm just not sure what is what yet. Hoping all the experts on s2k can help point me in the right direction. Thanks!

#15 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

I cant speak for X60s or one95s but the other model of Bauers are just Supremes. That particular model has been around the longest and when compared to Reebok 520s or Eastons, they are on the bulkier side in my opinion. They are super comfortable and extremely protective but may take a little longer to break in if new. I've also noticed they are a tad heavier than other brands. I would assume, and only assume, that X60s and one95s would be lighter.

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#16 gator

gator

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

I cant speak for X60s or one95s but the other model of Bauers are just Supremes. That particular model has been around the longest and when compared to Reebok 520s or Eastons, they are on the bulkier side in my opinion. They are super comfortable and extremely protective but may take a little longer to break in if new. I've also noticed they are a tad heavier than other brands. I would assume, and only assume, that X60s and one95s would be lighter.

thanks, i appreciate the info. i think the supremes may be what i will end up buying, the bulkier and more protection sound good to me.

#17 bretwilhite

bretwilhite
  • LocationPHL

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

By tall, do you mean +1,+2? Just based on what I've been seeing online on what size NHL players have for these pants compared to their height, I'd say a +1 for a medium isn't a bad idea for your height. Jordan Eberle is listed as 5'11" and wears a normal sized medium. Mark Stuart is 6'2" and wears a normal large, Ponikarovsky is 6'4" and wears a L+1. Jordan Staal is 6'4" and wears normal XL.

So from that it seems:

5'11" = M
6'2" = L or M+1
6'4" = L+1 or XL.

Just an update: I'm 6'2" w/ a 34" waist and the M + 2" breezers were the way to go, give or take that second inch.

#18 gator

gator

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

thanks guys for the info.

an update...i recently bought one95's and a pair of supremes - both nice pants. was surprised to see that the one95's were 1pc though.

some thoughts on fit... i think the one95's fit similar to the supremes in waist size and length, i did not notice a significant difference. both pro-stock models i got seem to run larger than retail sizing - they are bigger in the waist than my retail t1 pants and more roomy in the thighs. 

non-sizing related but...the one95's feel more mobile over the supremes. and the padding in both are excellent, but i'd say the supremes overall seem more protective, mainly because of the extra thick plastics.

#19 bgoldstein

bgoldstein

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:53 AM

i am looking at purchasing a pair of bauer supreme pants. i currently have a 9k girdle but i find the protection is lacking in some areas. how is the protection in the lower back area of the supremes? just below belt heigh in particular. how about the tailbone area?

also what size would you recommend for someone 6'2'' and 185lbs with a 32-inch waist. currently i have a medium 9k girdle. i was thinking medium+2 but medium+1 seems like the only available option