Photo

G3 flex profile

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 warrenmiller11

warrenmiller11

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:23 AM

Anybody knows something about this? Does it work and how do you get it, heard was all over the place amongst nhlers.

#2 Buffalo boy

Buffalo boy
  • LocationBuffalo

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:46 AM

All a Bauer G3 custom flex profile means is that the player has the stick constructed to his particular specs.

It could mean any number of things, such as, weave, kickpoint, grip or a lot of other things I couldnt tell you

I own several. It basically just that players specs plain and simple
Go Sabres!

#3 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:50 AM

I think it was explained on MSH this week, Ill try to find you the explanation.
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#4 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

G3 isnt simply a flex profile persay, its the early version of a stick that bauer made

#5 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

It's similar to the old TPS sticks it is constructed in such a way that it has 3 special flex zones so you get all of the flex of the stick. They're also stupid crazy strong and durable as usually have a one95 blade in them so har amazing puck feel. I'm in new Mexico right now with my jr team but I have two back home so when I get back I'll upload pics to show some specifics

#6 warrenmiller11

warrenmiller11

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

cool thanx...so wich company in particular offers this bauer only?

#7 malcb33

malcb33

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

From what I understand, G3 is a flex profile which divides the stick into three flex zones. For example Ovechkin uses/ used 100 flex in the taper area and 75 flex through the top two zones, giving him something similar to a One95/ Totalone. This could change depending on the persons preference I.E you could have 75 in the taper and stiffer through the mid and top sections giving you something similar to a Widow, however still being a G3 flex profile. From there you can still change thing like weave, grip, shaft shape etc. Unfortunately the different flexes are not printed on a pro stock stick, so when you buy a G3 you don't know exactly how the flex is distributed throughout the shaft.

#8 warrenmiller11

warrenmiller11

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:27 AM

I would kill for a toe curved 110/85/85 lefty g3 easton rs, extra whip at the bottom but nice and soft on top so you can crank shots clean from the slot and smoke the poor goalie. I bought a toe curve rs on ebay buts 100 flex so will have to clone it at pshg for some 85 flex ones too bad the poor mortals dont have access to the goodies.

#9 malcb33

malcb33

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:57 AM

G3 is Bauer terminology, I'm not sure if other companies offer something similar or they can be customized in the same way (obviously TPS did). With the RS, S19/ 17 etc the bottom third is already stiffer due to the elliptical shape of the shaft.

#10 warrenmiller11

warrenmiller11

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

Yea its like a widow wit the dagger tapper but im not too impressed with that cause the xtra whip makes quicker release but the puck goes all over the place on shots. Id rather have a stick that has the extra stiffness at the bottom but without the elliptical crap that keeps breaking in half all the time.