Photo

Chirps about equipment

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Conway12

Conway12
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Anyone get chirped at, or like to give guys a hard time because of a peice or set of equipment. In my league seems like most people wearing something out of the normal gets lip. Anything from yellow laces to white gloves. I can't imagine what kind of brutal remarks someone sporting a full pro stock setup hears.

#2 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Nobody chirps/gives a shit in my league.

And holy shit, our avatars are like identical.

For Sale:

#3 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Only thing I hear is in the locker room when my teammates ask if my gloves are new before every game.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#4 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

I only recieve compliments on my gear, even from the Hab haters out there.

Unless your wearing a bucket that makes you look completely fuckin stupid i can't see it, unless the ones chirping are just little bitches, then it makes total sense.

BTW, I make bitches a permanent part of the boards. :naughty: :penallty:

#5 Conway12

Conway12
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

It's rare to find a team with all matching socks, so the one guy that has matching gloves, pants, and helmet to match the unis really sticks out. It's really common to see guys still rocking there college or junior teams gear, so nothing matches from player to player except jersey. I would love to rock some pro stock pants, but with some NHL logo on you will probably catch some heat. Gloves can be gotten away with because generally there's no big logo on those.

#6 Hab4life

Hab4life

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

I would love to rock some pro stock pants, but with some NHL logo on you will probably catch some heat. Gloves can be gotten away with because generally there's no big logo on those.

So your saying the guys you play with are going to chirp at you for wearing a pair of pro stock pants with an NHL shield on the back leg and the teams logo on the front ?????????

:wtf: Sounds to me like your playing with a bunch a goofs who need a tune up. Either that or their all jealous as hell. :dunno:

#7 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

I am usually never hesitant about wearing pro stock stuff and I love chirpin guys that wear old shitty/smelly gear just because of how bad it looks. The only time I feel weird about wearing pro stock is when skating with guys who have played some level of pro. There's a few AHLers that come out to men's league to mess around and a few times I was wearing my Rivermen lid. Something about it made me want to take it off lol

Only time I really get chirped for lookin good is from buddies who are just jealous or just dont get it

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#8 Mikepell33

Mikepell33
  • LocationMilton, ON

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

I'll get chirped from time to time. But it makes me laugh! Because usually the person that is chirping you has some piece, or pieces, of low end retail gear that are just terrible and worn out. So it gives me something to say back to them and usually you hear the end of it after that. If not I just shake my head and chalk it up to jealousy.

#9 Conway12

Conway12
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

I think there is a level of jealousy. "They let you keep those after training camp" I've heard that before (not directed towards me). I'm on a team with Michigan colors and would live to acquire some pants, but skating around with that big "M" might get some negative comments.
There is also an element of awkwardness wearing pro stock gear around people that played pro, almost like I didn't earn it like they did.

#10 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

A bunch of guys on my team played pro, I wear pro stock shit everyday. NHL logos on pants and all, never have I once been chirped. Usually they ask where I got it or who I know. Shit like that. They like it and don't belittle me for not playing in the NHL because of my pro gear.

#11 Hab4life

Hab4life

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

A bunch of guys on my team played pro, I wear pro stock shit everyday. NHL logos on pants and all, never have I once been chirped. Usually they ask where I got it or who I know. Shit like that. They like it and don't belittle me for not playing in the NHL because of my pro gear.

Bingo !!!!

#12 Conway12

Conway12
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Thanks for everyone's input. It's nice to know people respond positively to pro gear. This season there are some teams with bad attitudes. "It's just men's league" mentality, but then they are super competitive and trash talkers. Chirp at you for anything. I like competitiveness, but don't act like you don't care and aren't trying. It's hard to explain but something I've noticed since I started playing beer league.

#13 NYIslanders21

NYIslanders21
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Sometimes people chirp but who cares it's just gear we aren't pretending to be pros we just like the gear and I like the color ways and quality

#14 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Anyone that has seen me skate knows that I'm just starting out and they think it's cool that such a beginner would want to gear up with all cool stuff...

I've only had a few guys on THIS board rib me about my yellow visor... It's all good.

I remember talking to Kovy007 when we first met and he was really impressed that I was SOO much into pro gear even thought I had just started to play...

My teammates always ask me, so what's new THIS week ? And they really love the stuff and I'm starting to turn them into pro gear as well...

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#15 Conway12

Conway12
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Yeah. Any visor tint will always get comments. A friend had a mirrored one years back. He kept it maybe a couple months.

#16 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

Im the guy who asks where did you get (insert pro gear)?

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#17 OutcastFalcon

OutcastFalcon
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

I had to rock a tinted one for a bit due to an eye injury I suffered in a fight. Got a few chirps. But no worries.

#18 invictus8

invictus8

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

For my HS league, if you wear an m11 you pretty much get shit on, and if you tape your ankles then you get roasted too

#19 hockey17

hockey17

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

For my HS league, if you wear an m11 you pretty much get shit on, and if you tape your ankles then you get roasted too

isnt that any league? ;)

#20 steedorf

steedorf

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

You deserve to be chirped if you're wearing:

- a tinted visor
- a fishbowl
- yellow laces IMO
- tape to hold your pants up