Photo

Thoughts on Pro Stock RBK/Jofa 9K Shin Pads?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TML_FAN

TML_FAN
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

Hey Gang,

Hoping to get some feedback on a purchase I would like to make. The price has been set, and I wonder if it's a good one.

The item, a pair of pro stock return RBK/Jofa 9K shin pads. Price $100, comes brand new with tags. I want to pull the trigger on these today.

Thoughts?

#2 WindyCity

WindyCity
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Outstanding pads and not a bad price for brand new. One thing to consider is the level of play -- when I stopped playing organized hockey I switched to a lighter lower level shin pad and felt more mobile (and lighter although probably just psychological since weight difference can't be much) especially on cross-overs. I got a pair of pads with a larger knee cap and smaller shin piece and I'll never go back. Just something to consider.

#3 TML_FAN

TML_FAN
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Outstanding pads and not a bad price for brand new. One thing to consider is the level of play -- when I stopped playing organized hockey I switched to a lighter lower level shin pad and felt more mobile (and lighter although probably just psychological since weight difference can't be much) especially on cross-overs. I got a pair of pads with a larger knee cap and smaller shin piece and I'll never go back. Just something to consider.

Appreciate the feedback. I hear you on moving to a lighter less bulkier shin pad. I presently only play a couple of pick-up games a week. However I do play in a league that is pretty intense, quite a few ex-pro players - Europe, NHL, AHL, OHL etc. I have taken a few shots off of the shins from some of these guys and although the pain is not unbarable, it has stung a few times.

I figure for $100 I should snag them and if I don't like them, I could flip them to someone on here.

#4 perh4ps

perh4ps

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

What size are they? you might have sombody in line already if you dont want them :)