Photo

Warrior Pro Stock pants

• Please log in to reply
724 replies to this topic

#681 TonyPajamaz

TonyPajamaz

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:55 PM

Hey guys, i'm hoping you can help point me in the right direction.

With all the ice time i've been getting in the last 2 months, my large PS Franchise pants are starting to get a little too big in the waist. If they stayed up where i wanted them to they sit perfectly above the knee (even though i'm only 5'6) but when they fall after starting to play they are a little too long. I really don't like wearing suspenders, just don't feel comfortable with them.

From what i've read so far, it sounds like the Hustlers fit snugger than the Franchise, so I'm wondering if large Hustlers would be a better option or would it make more sense to go down to a medium Franchise?

Also, how do Covert PS compare to retail? I've worn large retails and they were quite snug over the hips and butt, but felt good once they were over (obviously more snug in the waist/stomach than the franchise are) and I liked how short they were!

Thanks in advance for the help, pics of current Franchise pants:

gallery_11194_1043_2887749.jpg

#682 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:03 AM

I personally am a Hustler fan. I own a pair of pro Coverts in Medium and they are much more snug than my medium pro Hustlers. Hustlers have always fit the best for me out of any pants I've ever owned. I have no idea how at 5'6" the length in a LG works but good on you 😎 IMO if you are looking at sticking with warrior, give the Hustlers a shot. They are a little more snug than the Franchise, but still give you ample room to move.

#683 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:41 AM

My favorite pant is the CCM HP45X. What Warrior pant style best resembles the HP45? I haven't bit the bullet on any PSH pants yet for fear they won't compare to the HP45X.

#684 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:09 AM

Hey guys, i'm hoping you can help point me in the right direction.

With all the ice time i've been getting in the last 2 months, my large PS Franchise pants are starting to get a little too big in the waist. If they stayed up where i wanted them to they sit perfectly above the knee (even though i'm only 5'6) but when they fall after starting to play they are a little too long. I really don't like wearing suspenders, just don't feel comfortable with them.

From what i've read so far, it sounds like the Hustlers fit snugger than the Franchise, so I'm wondering if large Hustlers would be a better option or would it make more sense to go down to a medium Franchise?

Also, how do Covert PS compare to retail? I've worn large retails and they were quite snug over the hips and butt, but felt good once they were over (obviously more snug in the waist/stomach than the franchise are) and I liked how short they were!

Thanks in advance for the help, pics of current Franchise pants:

gallery_11194_1043_2887749.jpg

Retail coverts and pro stock coverts fit virtually the same. There is little to no difference other than branding. Same thing with MIC covert and its retail counterpart that was produced in the same time period. Current overseas covert run 1" shorter than the MIC covert so be prepared to compensate for length. If you normally wear a large order a large +1. I've found that they don't open up nearly as much as hustlers or franchise around the waist. You will notice it more in the legs.

#685 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:27 AM

TonyPajamaz: what is your waist size?

I personally prefer the fit of Covert pants, they fall much better aroun my waste.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#686 TonyPajamaz

TonyPajamaz

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

TonyPajamaz: what is your waist size?

I personally prefer the fit of Covert pants, they fall much better aroun my waste.

My waist is 38-39 depending on the day, but I can never go by waist size alone because I have an odd body. I'm short but I have a huge ass and tree trunks for legs.

I wear medium in my Goalie pants because they are built wider, but most medium player pants I can't get up over my hips lol. Again, based on waist alone I should be in an XL for sure, but XL in warrior pro stocks would be way too big. I know the numbers don't add up so I took a picture to show what i mean, if the pants stayed up where they are in the picture they would be perfect, but once I start playing and they get wet etc, they fall and I can't sinch them tight enough. I guess my real questions is would i be better off in a large covert or a medium hustler/franchise?

gallery_11194_1043_2199190.jpg

#687 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:32 AM

My waist is 38-39 depending on the day, but I can never go by waist size alone because I have an odd body. I'm short but I have a huge ass and tree trunks for legs.

I wear medium in my Goalie pants because they are built wider, but most medium player pants I can't get up over my hips lol. Again, based on waist alone I should be in an XL for sure, but XL in warrior pro stocks would be way too big. I know the numbers don't add up so I took a picture to show what i mean, if the pants stayed up where they are in the picture they would be perfect, but once I start playing and they get wet etc, they fall and I can't sinch them tight enough. I guess my real questions is would i be better off in a large covert or a medium hustler/franchise?

gallery_11194_1043_2199190.jpg

I have the same type of body you do ( short & thick ), I tried pro stock XL coverts, way to snug in hips & waist. returned them.

#688 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:25 PM

My favorite pant is the CCM HP45X. What Warrior pant style best resembles the HP45? I haven't bit the bullet on any PSH pants yet for fear they won't compare to the HP45X.

None. I went from warrior pants to the HP45s, and the warriors are just too bulky in comparison, they aren't close unfortunately. I suppose the coverts would be the most similar of the ones available though.

#689 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

Bulky in the legs or padding? I may just have to order the Coverts and give them a try. I'm thin so I don't think the Hustlers or Franchise would work.

#690 nhlfan79

nhlfan79
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

Current overseas covert run 1" shorter than the MIC covert so be prepared to compensate for length. If you normally wear a large order a large +1. I've found that they don't open up nearly as much as hustlers or franchise around the waist. You will notice it more in the legs.

I don't think that first part--length of overseas Coverts vs. MIC Coverts--is accurate.  I have multiples of both, and the length of each is identical.  However, all Coverts are about an inch shorter than Hustlers or Franchises.  The only meaningful size difference between MIC Coverts vs. overseas Coverts is in the waist size.  They're close, but the MIC ones seem a bit (5-10%) looser to me.

Waist size in Hustlers and Coverts is similar.  The MIC Franchises you have are far, far more generous in the waist than any Covert or Hustler.  I had to get rid of my Franchises for that reason.  Couldn't cinch them enough.  I have a 37-38" waist, and loosely laced large Coverts fit me perfect.

#691 TonyPajamaz

TonyPajamaz

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:00 PM

I don't think that first part--length of overseas Coverts vs. MIC Coverts--is accurate.  I have multiples of both, and the length of each is identical.  However, all Coverts are about an inch shorter than Hustlers or Franchises.  The only meaningful size difference between MIC Coverts vs. overseas Coverts is in the waist size.  They're close, but the MIC ones seem a bit (5-10%) looser to me.

Waist size in Hustlers and Coverts is similar.  The MIC Franchises you have are far, far more generous in the waist than any Covert or Hustler.  I had to get rid of my Franchises for that reason.  Couldn't cinch them enough.  I have a 37-38" waist, and loosely laced large Coverts fit me perfect.

This is the answer I was looking for.

I had the exact same experience when I wore large retail Coverts loosely laced was a good fit. I chased down Franchises thinking the same size sinched tight would be the perfect fit, but they are ultimately bigger than I expected.

I think a set of large PS Coverts is the fit I'm looking for, thanks guys.

#692 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:11 PM

I don't think that first part--length of overseas Coverts vs. MIC Coverts--is accurate. I have multiples of both, and the length of each is identical. However, all Coverts are about an inch shorter than Hustlers or Franchises. The only meaningful size difference between MIC Coverts vs. overseas Coverts is in the waist size. They're close, but the MIC ones seem a bit (5-10%) looser to me.

Waist size in Hustlers and Coverts is similar. The MIC Franchises you have are far, far more generous in the waist than any Covert or Hustler. I had to get rid of my Franchises for that reason. Couldn't cinch them enough. I have a 37-38" waist, and loosely laced large Coverts fit me perfect.

Franchise run the longest of the 3. I wear a medium in MIC franchise. Hustler is more true to size I can wear a medium or large, covert MIC I wear a medium as well. Every pair of overseas franchise and covert I've had to move to a +1. There's definitely a difference in length

#693 TonyPajamaz

TonyPajamaz

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:30 PM

gallery_11194_1043_607874.jpg

#694 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:46 AM

the code LABORDAY25 on hockey monkey, will work on the warrior P/S pants.

#695 Adam

Adam

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:11 AM

Why don't you just buy suspenders? Lol talk about overthinking a minor issue.

#696 danglesauce

danglesauce
  • LocationBrooklyn, New York

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:24 AM

Hey guys, ive never had warrior pants before but am interested in the QRLs because people were saying they ran 1"shorter. I noticed hockeymonkey and PSH have them but how can you tell whats made in asia and whats made in canada?

#697 nhlfan79

nhlfan79
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:48 PM

They're all made in China at this point.

#698 danglesauce

danglesauce
  • LocationBrooklyn, New York

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

So how is the durabilty of the asian made pants vs the canadian ones (stitching,materials, etc)

#699 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:40 PM

Personally, ive never had any issues, but then again, I dont have a pair that ive worn often :LOL:

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#700 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:34 AM

So how is the durabilty of the asian made pants vs the canadian ones (stitching,materials, etc)

Some people have complained about durability, I've never had any problems with mine. I think a few members had problems with hip padding coming unstitched and falling out. Others some unusual fraying on the inside of the leg area.