Photo

S19 / RS repaint hints

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NYIslanders21

NYIslanders21
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:20 AM

Hey guys has anyone compared a S19 to a RS to see if there is any tell tale signs of a repaint. Sometimes its easy to tell by carbon weave patterns like in a TO the weave pattern is much larger then a One95. If anyone know of any easy give away to see if its a repaint post em up

#2 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:30 AM

Not so easy to tell repaints on the RS, especially compared to a S19. There are differences in the taper, but you almost need to put the the RS next to the S19 to tell. I've found that many of the people selling RS's on ebay (for instance) legitimately believe that they are selling RS's but when you compare the stick they're selling to a S19 and a real RS, most of them seem to be repaints. Even the sticker bar codes sometimes say RS, but when you pop the end cap off and look inside, the code there isn't for an RS.

So buyer beware when it comes to buying RS's without being able to pick them up and compare them with a S19.

#3 1stOverall

1stOverall

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

+1 for what Gr8erade said

They are just to similar to tell. Staying on this topic though i found it quite funny when i went to buy an RS off a guy on kijiji. The pictures he sent me were of a retail RS and when i got to the meet spot to do the transaction i looked at the stick and its was an EQ50 or se16 repaint as an RS. The guy tried to play it off like he didn't know what i was talking about assuring me it was the real RS. Some peoples children :mad2:

#4 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

I've had experience with this, and sometimes you have to almost go based on feel of the stick. Those Eaves RSs I was selling, they felt (puck feel and shooting wise) very different from the Eaves S19 I had (curse the beer-league two hander).

I also had a similar experience to 1stOverall when I wanted to buy the first RS I had. Guy selling one locally in the retail curve and flex I prefer. Meet up and it's an SE16/EQ50 repaint. I still ended up getting the stick since I like SE16's, but I got for a lot cheaper than he originally wanted.

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#5 warrenmiller11

warrenmiller11

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:55 AM

So whats the codes under the plug you guys look for to tell if its rs or repaint

#6 jmac27

jmac27
  • LocationRedwood City, CA

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

The shaft of my Mueller RS feels more round to me than my S19's. Who knows if I have a true RS, though....