My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#2 Nightcast

Nightcast
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

I thought about trying some out. Hockey monkey sells them to.

#3 Guest_Gymmonster_*

Guest_Gymmonster_*

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I have a pair of firstar Chicago socks. They're tight as fuck. They don't stretch like the edge retail socks.

#4 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Lmao! What size u get?

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

#5 JXB

JXB
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

I'll echo those sentiments. I have a pair of their practice socks - the material is thicker and has a little less stretch to it (but still some), and they run smaller than the Reeboks. I ordered intermediates because I wear intermediate Edge retails and Large pro-stocks and they're not WAY too small, but tight enough to be kind of uncomfortable.

#6 Guest_Gymmonster_*

Guest_Gymmonster_*

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

I got senior sizing.
I hate these socks!

#7 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

I can't speak to these socks, but I've got a couple pairs of Tron socks, and they're great. $20 shipped to Canada for a pair of the solid colour praccys. They're not as good as pro Edge socks, but certainly better than retail Edge socks. I call it like this: If you give retail Edge socks a 1 and pro Edge socks a 10, then the Tron socks would be a 7. If you're willing to deign to wear something retail, then those should do you well.

#8 Nightcast

Nightcast
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

I like my tron socks also but I just wish it was a logo or something. "Tron" is just kinda weird.

#9 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

i'd take a seem ripper and remove tron logo's right away, and probably have someone purposely slash me to remove any evidence lol

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

#10 JdmHky16

JdmHky16
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

First star is a company by or endorsed by Ryan Kesler. My beer league team actually ordered a full set of Firststar jerseys and these socks. Not one player on my team of 14 liked either one. The socks have no stretch whatsoever and are very tight and uncomfortable. I found they tear easy as well. In 10 games of use, we already have 4 pairs that are cut up. My team hates them. The jerseys sizes were brutal too, all too short and we found the the sizing seemed smaller. Feel tight around the neck too. Not happy with this company's products..

#11 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

I like my tron socks also but I just wish it was a logo or something. "Tron" is just kinda weird.

For me the logo ends up right where I tape so I've been taping my shins with black electrical tape to hide the words.

#12 wrlittle

wrlittle
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

I got a pair with my rec-league team. I prefer the fit of the Firstar over Edge retail. The fit is tighter, but I like it. It means I don't have to use sock tape. Guys with bigger shins won't like them. There should probably be a bigger size available.

What I like about them is that there isn't a logo front and centre. It runs down the back side. The profile seams (whatever you wanna call them) go underneath your thigh, so it's a nice clean look in the front. They didn't just jack Edge socks' cut. Whoever designed them, good job.

#13 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

And if you want some custom socks done up, Avida sportswear does custom socks, and you can do one offs. I got them to send me a sample of one sock and the quality seems good. The material is nice and light, and it's got some stretch to it. Plus, like I say, they can do anything you want in terms of colours.

#14 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

+1 for Avida. The guys there are easy to work with and their product is great.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback