Photo

Shin pad problem

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 brandon_rusty

brandon_rusty

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Recently my shin pads have been sliding down and off to the sides a bit after every shift. Normally I do one tape line right under the kneecap protection. This problem hasn't really happened before with these shins, so I don't know what the deal is now. Any help?

#2 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

When you say sliding down I'm thinking they may be too short, but like you said they haven't done that before. I dunno... use more tape?

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#3 Sort of Irish

Sort of Irish
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

What kind of shins?

I tape right below the kneecap and towards the bottom of the shin above the ankle with a continuous piece of tape and that holds them in place pretty well. I suppose you could also try those microfiber sleeves that hold the shins in place.

#4 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

I just switched shins which is a BIG deal for me. Tried many but always back to an old pair of get this bauer impact 300 haha. I picked them up new back in midget and never looked back. Now I am 28 and well they have no donut hole for your knee, a tad bit short and well mods have been done like diff liner and so on. I wont throw them out seeing I loved them for so long. I went shopping for new shins and ended up with pair of Bauer one80 shins. 16inch. Man at first they seemed very protective compared to my old shins but I love how they do not buge at all! I do the straps up on my shins and do a small strip of tape under knee cap on socks not very tight but enough. Has your liner shifted? I know in my old shins the liner was a replaced one and I stitched it in, years later it was lose and that caused probs for me. How old are your shins? Is it just that time that they are pretty worn out and the volume isnt being filled or they shift due to just being way too broke in? I always liked my shins in place. I also tried that sock over tendon for a year with my old ones. Just took a piece of tape seeing I wore high socks on my feet and taped over my shin but under sock then put the sock down on the bottom of the shin. With my new one80s they have the protection, light, fit great with my knee in place and they rest perfect on bottom just above the boot. The donut knee hole made a world of diff for me. Seeing I was stuck in midget hockey gear haha. Shins just were so personal for me and I finally found a new guard and they work great!

#5 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Need me to tie your skates for you bud ??

#6 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Need me to tie your skates for you bud ??

Beauty, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#7 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Use more tape, get those goofy shin socks, or get new shins.

#8 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

More tape at the knee. A few laps at the bottom of the shin. Pull it tight. Problem solved.

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#9 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Maybe take up lawn bowling instead. No shins involed :LOL: .

#10 theflash0000

theflash0000

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Is it just your shins or your shins and socks sliding down/twisting together? You might want to look at how you hold your socks up--using a good garter belt, for example, not only keeps your socks up, but helps keep your shins in place (assuming the socks are tight enough).

Check out The Hockey Locker Podcast!

Episode 7 of The Hockey Locker Podcast is now live! We discuss the latest gear news and releases, including the Bauer MX3 stick and we talk about how to deal with a hockey injury from both a mental and physical perspective. Download here! 

http://hockeylockerp....wordpress.com/

Twitter: @Hockey_Locker

hockeylockerpodcast@gmail.com

#11 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Have you started wearing some sort of compression pant? Maybe this is causing your pad to slide and the pad had better grip on your bare leg?

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#12 brandon_rusty

brandon_rusty

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Wow all your guys ideas have helped! Haha thanks for all the suggestions. It ended up being the material had started to thin and fall apart.

Again it's great to have a community of people like this! Thanks for all your help folks!

#13 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Maybe u have the liners in the wrong shins... This happened to me once and completely fucked me up

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew