Photo

fibre composite and full composite skate outsoles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

Is there a difference? or is this just a sales gimmick? If there is a difference could some please tell me the difference. I'm still in the first ever vapor 8's due to some knee operations which kept me out of hockey for quite awhile which is why they are still usable. I have been playing again with a huge knee brace and no ACL but I do need new skates as these ones are pretty beat up and worn out which is why I am asking. I need a strong outsole like my vapor 8 because I have twisted less strong outsoles on skates before. Not sure if it is full composite or fibre composite. Thx

#2 - M

- M

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Full composite is higher end.  It is stronger and lighter than the fibreglass based outsoles.  Skates have evolved so much over the past decade.  I have a pair of Vapor 10s and a mid-range modern day boot will probably outperform it.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#3 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Full composite is higher end.  It is stronger and lighter than the fibreglass based outsoles.  Skates have evolved so much over the past decade.  I have a pair of Vapor 10s and a mid-range modern day boot will probably outperform it.

Thank You for your reply. Vapor 10's eh I heard they were an improvement when they came out the year fter my Vapor 8's. I had my first 4 eyelets on each skate all reinforced by The Hockey Shop because my eyelets started to rip out, The eyelets still haven't ripped out since. I have been checking out new skates for a little while now and the skates sure are alot lighter. My outsole is built like a tank and you could never twist it no matter how much you weighed. The new outsoles don't seem anywhere near as strong as mine but if everyone else is using them they must be fine. Man do I want and need new skates but my son's hockey keeps stealing all my money LOL.