Photo

Removing Signature

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sharks25

sharks25
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Just a question for you guys: Have any of you had a signed object, such as gloves, and successfully removed the autograph from them? If so, how'd you do it?

Thanks!

#2 humuhumuhumu

humuhumuhumu
  • LocationOiler fan living in Calgary

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

I've removed sharpie from tufftek using Amodex. They sell it at places like Staples, its designed to remove permanent marker from fabric. I worked it into the sharpie with a tooth brush and then let it set over night, then put the gloves in the washing machine. I repeated 2-3 times, and it was gone.

#3 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Goo be gone ....

#4 sharks25

sharks25
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

Goo be gone ....

Goo Gone supposedly eats through the plastics underneath. Did you have that problem?

#5 sharks25

sharks25
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

I've removed sharpie from tufftek using Amodex. They sell it at places like Staples, its designed to remove permanent marker from fabric. I worked it into the sharpie with a tooth brush and then let it set over night, then put the gloves in the washing machine. I repeated 2-3 times, and it was gone.

Thanks Ryan, I may try that! Any discoloring of the fabric while doing the process?

#6 humuhumuhumu

humuhumuhumu
  • LocationOiler fan living in Calgary

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

I always do a test on a spot you can't see, but I haven't had any problems on the 2 pairs I have done.

#7 sharks25

sharks25
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

Ok. Thanks for the info man, I appreciate it!

#8 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

I haven't tried it, but maybe the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? I know it takes puck marks off gloves and goalie pads...not sure how it'll work against permanent marker, but they're only a dollar or two, so it's shouldn't break the bank if they don't work.

#9 sharks25

sharks25
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

I haven't tried it, but maybe the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? I know it takes puck marks off gloves and goalie pads...not sure how it'll work against permanent marker, but they're only a dollar or two, so it's shouldn't break the bank if they don't work.

That may work too!

I just am afraid that some of the products that would seem to be obvious solutions will damage the color or foams. Ive been told that goo gone/goof off does damage it, so I'm happy I didn't go with my first instinct and go with it.