Photo

eBay Dispute - The nerve of some people...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Xtra

Xtra
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

I'm sure most sellers have gone through this at one point or another; Disputes on eBay.

Looking for advise on my current situation because I don't know what else to do at this point.

So, without further ado, here's the story:

Typically, if things don't sell on the forums, we put them up on eBay. I did this a little while ago. The shipping of an item to a buyer was delayed on my part and so it arrived a little later than it should have but not by much. Eventually, I received a private message from the buyer stating that he received the product (jersey) but was extremely disappointed in the shipping time. Now, to my benefit, my auction states that there will be a 3 day handling time prior to shipping. After showing proof that I had shipped the item, he decided to open up a Item not received dispute.

To all of those who are not aware of this, the very second the dispute is opened, PayPal automatically holds the total amount that the item sold for. Funny part about all of this is that he admitted that the jersey was in his possession prior to opening the dispute case. I immediately responded to the dispute by entering the USPS Tracking information. Here's the funny part... eBay was giving me 5 days to respond to the buyer and if this were to be ignored, they'd grant the buyer his money back(unfair because it seems that the buyer gets all the time in the world to reply but I don't). Ever since responding to the dispute with a USPS tracking number so that eBay could validate that the item was received, the buyer who opened the dispute has not responded. It has now been 28 days or so and it's still at a stand still. He refuses to close the dispute. He later messages me after I had submitted the tracking info to the dispute case and states that the jersey was physically received ( even though he had already claimed this prior to this case being opened ). At this point, he has acknowledged that the jersey is in his possession yet again and failed to respond to the case. It is safe to assume that he has left it open on purpose. At the moment, my PayPal account is locked until I pay the -80.00 balance on it or wait until the funds are released after the dispute is closed. It's really annoying seeing that I'm trying to close deals with a few members on this forum. 

So far, I've called PayPal and they obviously don't deal with dispute claims over the phone. Also, I've messaged him twice... Once today, and another time a week ago, asking him to close this case.

I'm out of options. What do I do in this case? Hoping people out there has gone through the same situation as I have and have found ways to resolve this.

#2 mcawesome

mcawesome
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Sounds like your problem is with eBay, no? Call them when customer service opens and talk to a manager.

#3 Too Old

Too Old
  • LocationIowa

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Road trip; ass whipping. Solved. Worth the $80 + travel expenses.

#4 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Maybe he got hit by a truck and can't answer you. :dunno: I guess that wouldn't help youir case much though eh ? :LOL:

I feel for ya bud, this is the shits when you have other deals going on, hope it clears up for ya soon.

#5 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

this is why i always try to deal within the same group of people or people that know eachother

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#6 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

That's awful. I got fucked as a buyer once too. It's shit. You feel so powerless and wronged. God I hate it. 

#7 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

This should be a slam dunk win for refund, but this happened:

I bid on on some Jordan Air Force 1 Fusion shoes:  Jordan 3 (cement black) and 8 Fusions.  They were listed as a size 11.5 Mens

Part of the description states:  "Official combo set any collector could use in their collection. For questions send me an email. Thanks!"

I won the auction on 02/15/2013 and paid immediately.

$25 shipping cost to ship two pairs.  Overcharged but I 'got' a good deal

Seller marked the shoes as shipped on 02/20/2013, listing said shipped within 2 days of clearing payment.  Should have been no later than 02/18/2013, anyway so 5 days later they mark them as shipped but with no tracking information.

2/22/2013 comes and no shoes in my front porch, so I ask the seller for tracking information.

"I mailed them already but I'll get you tracking tomorrow morning"

2/23/2013 comes, no shoes.  I send another message; which is met by "I'll get you tracking later this evening sorry for the delay I promised I mailed these!"

I don't get any reply, no tracking provided.

02/25/2013 comes, no shoes, no tracking, I'm concerned (pissed) and place an eBay claim later that night.

Next day 02/26/2013, no shoes, but I noticed the seller has finally added tracking to the listing.  THEY SHIPPED THEM OUT FINALLY.

Tracking shows they are expected to arrive 03/02/2013, I'm not sure why that doesn't sound like Priority to me (usually 2-3 days) so I wait.

02/28/2013 comes and they arrive 'early'.  At this point I was excited just about getting them and open the box....

1.  Paid only $11.25 for shipping, hey it happens all the time but c'mon

2.  The Fusion 8s are a size 9.5....FFS wtf

3.  The Fusion 3s are a size 11....I can't fit in them, I'm an 11.5-12

4.  The Fusion 3s are in awful condiiton, f'n thrashed

Granted the pictures they used were small but they didn't look bad in the pics, no where did they state the actual sizes of the shoes in the description, but the item specifics listed them as 11.5 Mens.

I closed the 'item not yet received" case and make a "item not as described" case.

I asked for:

1.  Complete refund

2.  $11.25 on top of that to ship these back

IF I had done this error, I would have apologized and tried to make things right, but that is also why all my photographs are in excellent detail especially for shoes.

They respond back saying:

""Item has been shipped and received. The buyer is upset with his purchase and wanted refund. The buyer knowingly purchased pairs of "used" shoes. I believe there is no reason for a case on this matter and do not wish to issue a refund. Pictures of products were shown as is on ebay and he was not the only person interested in them. Thank you"

1.  eBay states that if you are marking them as used, that you list any defects, clearly didn't mention "they are worn to shit"

2.  Incorrectly stated the sizes, that alone is what is going to be a factor in me getting my money back.

3.  Because they stated 'no returns/exchanges', eBay requires that you correctly describe the product, they DID NOT.

4.  The fact that it took two weeks for these shoes to arrive and overcharged me on the shipping is enough for negative feedback.

I'll update as it comes, if they give me a full refund, I'll consider giving them neutral feedback.

He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#8 kevin92285

kevin92285

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:02 AM

Nah give that guy a negative rating. People need to learn.

#9 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

The case will expire and your money will be put back into your account.
I believe 30 or 60 days .... Might even be 90 days.

Happens to me every so often. PayPal is pretty good with their rules and fairness , as long as you
Give them what they ask you will win,

Now , buyers can also open cases via eBay ..... eBay is not so good. They close cases fast...

#10 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Lets face it ppl ebay is the death of good buying selling. You see how many ppl join here and only post on the wanted thread. Half of them are lil kids just wanting your item without even knowing how to pay or if they will have the money. eBay pisses me off. Ppl say it will be all good you just have to wait 30-60-90 days! Wtf that's a enough time for me to say fuck ill just keep it. I have a account over years and have been almost screwed over once but numerous times the money holding happens. FUCK U EBAY!

#11 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

What's shitty is that I haven't heard back from the seller, they know they screwed up and are letting the 7 days go by before I escalate the case.

He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#12 twitchx116

twitchx116

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

It always seems the buyer win every dispute too! I sell all my items as is but try to give as much description as possible and tell them to ask questions before bidding, sure enough I get the members who get the items and want to return them because they get buyers remorse or didn't ask questions about the items! The worst is though the people who buy multiple items get a shipping discount for it and then look to get the full money back even though they didn't pay full shipping! I hate ebay sometimes!