Photo

Skate socks/liners

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 topsnipe

topsnipe
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Just curious to see what everyones using in terms of skate socks/liners with the kevlar/cut resistant ones being popular at the moment. Did you make the switch to the kevlar ones?

#2 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

I use Nike soccer socks. they're made of a great dri-fit material, cheaper than the "hockey specific" socks and available at just about any sports store.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#3 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Mine are called vapor thin, and they hold to the name. I used to go barefoot in my Grafs, but when I switched to Bauer, I was getting insane abrasion cuts on the outside and inside of either ankle. So I started wearing these socks. They're perfect. 

#4 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

I wear reg socks. Ones I wear everyday. Denver Hayes brand. Their on the thick side. I never got into the under armour wear and hockey socks. I just make sure to have a fresh pair of socks before my games.

#5 mtstone28

mtstone28
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

^same here, i found some that just barely come above my skate boot, i always hated the feeling of long socks

#6 Too Old

Too Old
  • LocationIowa

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

RBK 20K socks. Have had them for a while now. They did protect me from a cut across the back of my calf; the hockey socks had a 2" long cut in them. My leg didn't. 

#7 SPhilly28

SPhilly28
  • LocationHalifax NS

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

I just made the switch to Bauer Kevlar socks.  No issues at all with comfort or anything.  Seamless.  They are a bit pricey right now but whatever, they are cheap insurance.

#8 - M

- M

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

I use Nike soccer socks. they're made of a great dri-fit material, cheaper than the "hockey specific" socks and available at just about any sports store.

+1 for these as well.  They are more cost efficient and they are longer than most hockey specific socks that I can find.

I've always had a pair of Bauer Elite (kevlar) socks and used them in my rotation.  My favorite pair is still made by a company called Swiftwick, hands down the most comfortable sock ever.  Least favorite goes to those "thinnies" sold by Elite.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#9 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

RBK 12K hockey socks for me. Don't like the kevlar, I can feel the difference. (Might just be a mental thing, but it's easier to just wear the 12Ks).

#10 Mikepell33

Mikepell33
  • LocationMilton, ON

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

I wear the Kevlar socks, the Tactics brand. I have been wearing them for 2 years now. They have protected me fom one skate cut so far and I'm glad I had them on. To me they feel like the Bauer vapor skate socks I had before that.

#11 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

I got those yellow Bauer Kevlar socks. They actually feel better to me than the regular Bauers I had before that.

Looking for new CCM HPTK pants - Black - Size XL

#12 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Tuff-n-lite since day one, I'm a bad skater, I fall a lot.... so if someone were to fall over me...

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#13 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

Under Armour Heat Gear socks, I've got about 20 pairs of them. They are thin and light, I hate hate hate the bulky feeling of regular cotton socks. I've worn these for 5+ years and don't plan on changing anytime soon.

#14 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

Exact same .... With the extra support around the mid foot and I think calf area .....
Mine are red , they were 2 for $5 .thats an amazing deal in Canada

#15 topsnipe

topsnipe
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Anyone in Canada/Toronto know where they sell Under Armour HeatGear Hockey Liner Socks? Want to give them a try but Icewarehouse takes atleast 2-4 weeks shipping. Thanks!

#16 JXB

JXB
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

Barefoot 4 lyfe... Please don't step on me.

#17 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

I've been trying Bauer low cut socks but they just are so slippery they seem cause my foot to slip a bit. I think I'll be going barefoot or some thinner thin white normal socks which is what I have always worn. It's like sliding on hardwood floors with dress socks as compared to normal white socks. Dress socks are way more slippery.

#18 Buster_D

Buster_D
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

I use the Easton Synergy skate socks. I used to skate barefoot as well but i wont go back after using these. I've even gotten a few buddies to start using these to. cost effective to at 10 dollars

Pavel Datsyuk Gear or any wings gear!

Feedback- http://www.sports2k..../8903-buster-d/

#19 sal16v

sal16v
  • Location215

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Yellow and Black Bauer kevlar/cut resistant socks..

They are awesome, I've been skating with them for a few weeks now, and deff like them much

better then the regular Bauer one's i was wearing. took alittle getting use to being they are thicker.

Once you was them a few times and soften them up they are great. No slidding or moving.

Actually feels like they keep my feet locked in my skates more.

It's where Momma puts the peanut butter!

My Feed Back!
http://www.sports2k....ic/8950-sal16v/

#20 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

I've been using the 20k reebok cut resistant and they are not as comfortable as these:

http://www.salmingho...nal-skate-socks

And for breaking new skates i always use running socks such as these:

http://www.bvsport.c...ning-socks.html

If i don't do that i end up with pieces of skin falling left and right.