Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

its was awesome stick feels really nice defiantely better then my black ops

If you need Maple Leafs Gear do NOT PM me

#22 sharks25

sharks25
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

its was awesome stick feels really nice defiantely better then my black ops

What stick do you like it more than? A different base stick?

#23 SnipinFest9

SnipinFest9
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

yeah if you guys pick a base i would recommend the super natural over the savoy special. Although there are not as much customiztion you can do the stick does perform much better

#24 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Isn't the Savoy a low-kick while the Natural/Super Natural is a mid-kick?

#25 SnipinFest9

SnipinFest9

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

i think so but the super natural has a very quick release

#26 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Isn't the Savoy a low-kick while the Natural/Super Natural is a mid-kick?

Yes

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#27 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

Only shitty thing about the testing is you still have to pay for the stick haha.  I would get a Natural but the flexpoint is above where my bottom hand goes for slappers and i take a lot of one timers. love the polar fiber grip and square shaft

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#28 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

I tried a Base stick out and was far from impressed with it. The blade felt dead, the stick was heavy overall, didn't kick that great, maybe it was just me, but I've used just about every stick out there and this is towards the bottom of my list.

There's a reason NHL players aren't using Base sticks.

#29 - M

- M

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

I tried a Base stick out and was far from impressed with it. The blade
felt dead, the stick was heavy overall, didn't kick that great, maybe it
was just me, but I've used just about every stick out there and this is
towards the bottom of my list.

There's a reason NHL players aren't using Base sticks.

I find the blade has more feel and dampens the puck better when passing and stickhandling.  While shooting I do agree the blade doesn't have the same "pop" that some of the other sticks on the market have.

NHL players' relationships with their pro reps has a large part to do with what they use as well.  They want the reassurance that they will be serviced and able to get gear in a quick turnaround.  This was what made Warrior so successful in getting more and more NHLers to use their sticks a few years back.  But just because they had the numbers doesn't necessarily translate to it being a far superior product compared to the competition. 

Only shitty thing about the testing is you still have to pay for the stick haha.  I would get a Natural but the flexpoint is above where my bottom hand goes for slappers and i take a lot of one timers. love the polar fiber grip and square shaft

I've had positive buying experiences with Base and I actually purchased one of the first ones off the line 3 years ago.  But having to pay for a stick is not what I'd consider testing. 

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#30 greghughes

greghughes

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

I find the blade has more feel and dampens the puck better when passing and stickhandling.  While shooting I do agree the blade doesn't have the same "pop" that some of the other sticks on the market have.

NHL players' relationships with their pro reps has a large part to do with what they use as well.  They want the reassurance that they will be serviced and able to get gear in a quick turnaround.  This was what made Warrior so successful in getting more and more NHLers to use their sticks a few years back.  But just because they had the numbers doesn't necessarily translate to it being a far superior product compared to the competition. 

I've had positive buying experiences with Base and I actually purchased one of the first ones off the line 3 years ago.  But having to pay for a stick is not what I'd consider testing.

Right on about the testing part, i applied and got selected for it and was pumped then realized it was still going to cost around 130 and said never mind.

#31 SnipinFest9

SnipinFest9

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

i am pretty sure the testing was for advertising...

#32 greghughes

greghughes

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

i am pretty sure the testing was for advertising...

Exactly

#33 - M

- M

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

Normally the company pays to advertise their products/services.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#34 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

so base changed the design on their savoy special.. I am looking to get a black one but on the website I can't really tell what the black one looks like.. I wish they would have just left the graphics alone does anyone own the new one? I'd like to see some pics

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#35 MC917

MC917

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

so base changed the design on their savoy special.. I am looking to get a black one but on the website I can't really tell what the black one looks like.. I wish they would have just left the graphics alone does anyone own the new one? I'd like to see some pics

Not trying to be an asshole or anything but they have pictures on their website. Why don't you go and look for them yourself.

basehockey.ca

Go to sticks, Savoy special and scroll down a bit.