Photo

Custom Skate prices

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rover

rover
  • LocationNy

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

Does anyone know  the ballpark price of custom skates  say Grafs, Reebok ?  I've read Bauer is expensive.   

Any help appreciated. 

#2 gator

gator

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

i got custom nxg's in october, it was 899. i also had the choice of going with reebok or ccm, i believe it was 699 for ccm u+ cl and 899 for reebok 20k's. my shop seemed to be consistent, retail skate price + 100 custom charge.

if you're going to spend this much on skates, id say make sure you have a very good, experienced fitter. the fitter may even have a brand preference just based on what they are familiar with and have had success with.

#3 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

i got custom nxg's in october, it was 899. i also had the choice of going with reebok or ccm, i believe it was 699 for ccm u+ cl and 899 for reebok 20k's. my shop seemed to be consistent, retail skate price + 100 custom charge.

Thats about it, retail + $100. It also depends on what is needed to be done.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#4 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Say I can't fit into APX's (I'm good in Nexus) but really want an APX would a custom APX fit my foot or would I still run into the volume issue?

#5 gator

gator

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Say I can't fit into APX's (I'm good in Nexus) but really want an APX would a custom APX fit my foot or would I still run into the volume issue?

if volume is your only issue i think this could be achieved by an experienced/knowledgeable fitter. i had the volume increased on my nxg's by going with i believe was a one size larger upper. i happened to have a foot that worked with either vapor or supreme boots, they just fit (and mis-fit) in different places. my fitter was experienced enough to know depending on which boot style i chose, which modifications would have to be done to a vapor vs a supreme. for any custom skates, i really think that it comes down to who fits you. 

#6 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

Man I would love custom skates

A friend of mine got custom 20ks and has his initial on the heels

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#7 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Yup I would love to get fitted someday . Not only have a skate built for my foot but the custom number or stitching somewhere kills it!