Photo

CCM pro stock pants (520, 7000, HP35, HP30) *Official Topic*

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#161 Hockeypunk24

Hockeypunk24
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

I've read that the Sherwood RM9 are the same as the 520's. true?Attached File  image.jpg   43.98KB   17 downloads

#162 Owen

Owen

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

As has already been noted in this thread, there seems to be a degree of confusion regarding the CCM/Reebok MHP7000SP and MHP520SP pants. I recently ordered 2 pairs from Hockeymonkey: size Medium Reebok MHP7000SP and size Medium CCM MHP520SP. I am 5´9´ 162 pounds. Both pairs of pants fit me well, but the CCM 520s fit better. They are snugger, bulkier and more protective than the 7000s, not the other way around.

The Reebok 7000s are a simpler, more generous fitting pant all around. This is instantly noticable compared to the 520s: when you fall on your hip in the 7000s, you might land on your bone, not padding, because the extra material in the butt area of the pant shell allows the tailbone pad and the hip pad to separate a good 3 inches. It doesn´t help that the bottom of the tailbone pad doesn´t flare out like it does in the 520s. In contrast, the 520s are a much tighter fitting pant. This is true from the kidneys, where the pants really hug your body--especially if you tighten the extra strap provided up top--, through the waist area and into the thighs. Since the 7000s have all that extra material in the shell, which allows the thigh guards complete freedom to ride up your leg, you´re much less restricted in the 7000s. This is especially noticable in the thigh and butt region: the pants feel snug in the waist and below that they sort of hang like a loose skirt, not making much contact with your legs at all. In contrast, the 520s feel like a tight pair of snow pants: there´s not much air flow and I leave the zippers open on the thighs to feel less restricted in my stride. The 520s are more adjustable than the 7000s (you can leave them loose or high up top and the extra lacing allows for more customization of fit). The tradeoff is that the forward lean is somewhat compromised, as they lace up higher. After a few skates the sensation of wearing 1980s/early 1990s jeans that cut you in the stomach when you were seated decreases: the pants really take a bit of breaking in, unlike the 7000s which felt good to go right out of the box. 

In terms of protection, the 520s seem beefier than the 7000s and there are no gaps anywhere. The kidneys come up higher (possibly too high for my taste), as does the spine protection, which really hugs you and follows you as you lean forward, especially if you do up that top strap. The 7000s have thicker kidney protection, though. They also have denser foam around the crotch/hip flexor area and a thicker hip cap. Actually, overall the foam on the 7000s is denser (harder) compared to the 520s. But the 520s have thicker, higher thigh guards (about an inch or two higher than the 7000s) and, as mentioned above, offer cushier butt protection, which is really why I wanted pro stock pants in the first place: I have fallen on my hip a few times. 

The closest comparison I can think of is that the 7000s fit much like the Tackla Advantage 951s, but with more complete coverage in the upper legs and much better kidney protection. 

#163 Owen

Owen

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

Still not sure which pant I prefer, though...

#164 JTully317

JTully317
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

Great comparison. I myself like the 520s better, however I wish the uppers came up about half as much as they do.

#165 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

the pants really take a bit of breaking in, unlike the 7000s which felt good to go right out of the box.

Very accurate observations there. Nice job! This is the only thing I disagree with. When I bought my new pair of 7000s from HM, they were stiffer than a board compared to the 520s I have which felt like they had much more mobility brand new.

Great comparison. I myself like the 520s better, however I wish the uppers came up about half as much as they do.

That's where ECHLs come in!

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#166 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

The closest comparison I can think of is that the 7000s fit much like the Tackla Advantage 951s, but with more complete coverage in the upper legs and much better kidney protection. 

Great review between the two! Although the 951's fit similar, I found that the 7000's fit more like the Tackla 5000's or now the Eagle PPF pro. Tacklas are all very similar with slight differences though.

HK #17

Feedback

#167 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

I love my medium 520s

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#168 stevenm

stevenm
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

different type of reebok pro stock pant comparison:

which group is bigger: beer league players wearing RPSP or NHL players wearing RPSP?

just wondering

#169 modny123

modny123

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

Rpsp?
Return pro stock pants?

Huh

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

#170 stevenm

stevenm
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

Reebok Pro Stock Pants = RPSP, was just too lazy to write it out, now I had to

#171 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

different type of reebok pro stock pant comparison:

which group is bigger: beer league players wearing RPSP or NHL players wearing RPSP?

just wondering

im betting there are a lot more beer league players in the world, so...

#172 stevenm

stevenm
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

got my Sabres 7000s today (Logo will be replaced though).

6'0 175 lbs -medium +1 and they fit perfect (length is to the upper third of my knee).

First impressions: feel lighter than my one90s, legs do indeed hang like a skirt. Really comfortable right out of the box. Great protection. Love the look, never liked Bauers patchwork of 300 different types of nylon and mesh and whatnot (resulting in a lot of stitching to open up).

Might do the mod that was suggested somewhere trimming the uppers where they interfere with the thigh pad to enhance mobility.

P.S. Trade Burns to Edmonton or Pittsburgh, please!

#173 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

Do it Steve ...... No over lapping , it's already pre-stitched so it won't run.
Bug difference

#174 modny123

modny123

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

i might have to look into this too

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

#175 stevenm

stevenm
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

have to correct myself, not sure anymore if the medium 7000s have the right fit for me (6'0 175 lbs), might need small ones. They stay in place even if they are not tied up but I figured:

even if I cut off the part of the hip protection it would still not be very mobile due to the fact that it is my thigh that interferes with the "oversized" hip pad and not the thigh pad.

If anyone here has the same experience, does this change once they are broken in?

#176 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

No idea what you're saying but if you feel size small pants will suit your 6ft , 175 pound frame ....go right ahead.

#177 Sort of Irish

Sort of Irish
  • LocationChicago

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

have to correct myself, not sure anymore if the medium 7000s have the right fit for me (6'0 175 lbs), might need small ones. They stay in place even if they are not tied up but I figured:

even if I cut off the part of the hip protection it would still not be very mobile due to the fact that it is my thigh that interferes with the "oversized" hip pad and not the thigh pad.

If anyone here has the same experience, does this change once they are broken in?

That doesn't sound right. I'm 6'1 175 and M+1 are perfect, I can also fit into a large if I yank the belt. A small would be a squeeze to say the least and probably too short in the inseam.

#178 modny123

modny123

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

Yea if I was any taller I'd have to get + length for sure

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

#179 stevenm

stevenm
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

Could someone post a picture of a pair of 7000s next to a pair of 520s (preferably ECHL) in the same size?

I'm interested in the "bulk" difference.

Thanks!

#180 Owen

Owen

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Attached File  520back.jpg   10.38KB   216 downloadsAttached File  520front.jpg   19.03KB   280 downloadsAttached File  7000.jpg   70.53KB   256 downloadsAttached File  7000back.jpg   66.91KB   200 downloadsAttached File  7000side.jpg   63.04KB   130 downloads