tackla pants prostock pro stock

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:56 AM

Sup guys, 

I recently discovered 2k but Im really liking the stuff you guys got going on.  I noticed though that theres not much on tacklas.  Ive always been a fan of them and thought id get a thread started for pics and discussion.  Recently picked up some lowers and a couple other models to add to the collection. What are you guys currently sporting? Any new PS pick ups? Heres my mountain i currently have stashed, i have a black 5000x upper and some more green 5000s in the mail.  

Attached File  tacklaresize.jpg   80.13KB   109 downloads

IG: Fooj Media

#2 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

Tackla (now Eagle) are some of the nicest pants. The quality on them is great, as it always has been with Tackla products. I've had a few pairs of both Tackla and Eagle pro pants and don't have a bad thing to say about them.

Nice collection you've got going there. eBay pickups?

#3 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

yeah pretty much, I grew up wearing 9000s but as of lately gotten into the whole 2 piece pants craze.  Ive seen the eagle talon 60s in a couple shops and those things are solid.  The average shopper definitely doesnt pay enough attention to them.  I think even those are made overseas too now huh? I could be wrong

#4 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

Tackla and Eagle are very underrated in the pant department.  Eagle pants are awesome, Graf pants are up there in my list too.

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#5 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

If you're looking to get a nice pair of Eagles, look at the PPF X905s. Those are still being made in Canada and they offer just about everything you want out of a pro level pant. I think the lower models are made overseas, not sure which models exactly.

#6 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

Tackla and Eagle are very underrated in the pant department. Eagle pants are awesome, Graf pants are up there in my list too.

I was just having this talk yesterday. Eagle pants are one of if not the nicest pants you can find. The quality and craftsmanship blows everyone else away. They might not be extremely light, but they are padded well and built to last. I wish more pros wore them, but that has a lot more to do with reps than the actual product.

#7 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

Ill keep an eye out for those.

Is clarkson still in eagle pants?

I love finding older gear with the canadian made tag.  Such a difference in quality

Tackla and Eagle are very underrated in the pant department.  Eagle pants are awesome, Graf pants are up there in my list too.

how are grafs by the way? I skate grafs and saw the pants in monkey but im curious.

#8 Too Old

Too Old
  • LocationIowa

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

I have a few pair of Tackla pants and they're great. Also I have some Warriors and a pair of Bauers. They're all good. Years ago I had some Graf pants and they were nice as well. Most of the major brands are damn nice and well-constructed.

#9 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

Ill keep an eye out for those.

Is clarkson still in eagle pants?

I love finding older gear with the canadian made tag.  Such a difference in quality

how are grafs by the way? I skate grafs and saw the pants in monkey but im curious.

Graf's are great!  They have the tackla feel, snug top loose leg, lots of freedom, really really really good durable pants.  Those EVA foams are awesome too.  Damn good pants.

I was just having this talk yesterday. Eagle pants are one of if not the nicest pants you can find. The quality and craftsmanship blows everyone else away. They might not be extremely light, but they are padded well and built to last. I wish more pros wore them, but that has a lot more to do with reps than the actual product.

Yes they are, i was hoping to mainly trade those hustlers for some eagle pants but everyone seems to only own rbk and bauer pants, so i gave up.

#10 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Tackla / Eagle make great pants, just because they don't cough up the big money for endorsements is why they aren't worn by everyone

He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#11 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Buddy on my team rocks some Eagle x88's in a hab colorway, they look sharp and he say's the protection is awesome.

#12 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

Tackla / Eagle make great pants, just because they don't cough up the big money for endorsements is why they aren't worn by everyone

are they.... "bombproof"?

#13 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Honestly, I don't wear my Tacklas anymore but they are far and away the best in the game in my mind.  One day I'll start wearing them again.

#14 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

Love Tacklas. Classic look and super comfy. If you're interested, I have a pair of brand new vintage Blues lowers. Shoot me a PM

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#15 skater1

skater1
  • LocationOHIO

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Yes, Tackla are my favorite. Wish I could find some Wings.

WARRIOR WC Dan Cleary mitts
Any WARRIOR Dan Cleary mitts

#16 pdub

pdub
  • LocationBrantford, Ontario

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

Tackla was just bought by source for sports recently

#17 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:04 AM

I wore Tackla 951 pants for a few years but grew out of them. Really liked them.

For Sale:

#18 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

Had 2 pairs 5000's, pair of 4000, and 951. Can't say tackla has failed me yet! Although I've recently picked up 7000's off HM which are basically the same pant imo.

HK #17

Feedback

#19 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

Love Tacklas. Classic look and super comfy. If you're interested, I have a pair of brand new vintage Blues lowers. Shoot me a PM

what size! shoot me some pics 

I wore Tackla 951 pants for a few years but grew out of them. Really liked them.

how are those by the way, my shop received the catalog with those pants as the featured product but they looked a lot different from the traditional tacklas were all used to.  

#20 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Blues lowers are long gone. They were Large +1s though and they were huge!

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tackla, pants, prostock, pro stock