Skates: ccm 652 super tacks
Stick: easton synergy
Gloves: vapor xxx
Etc, etc, etc

#2 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

Not just name has to be the model as well. Example vapor xxx lite ops, warrior mac daddy

#3 prhockey41

prhockey41
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

helmet: Reebok 8k

skates: any Bauer supreme

stick: easton rs1

gloves: ccm u+cl

WTB (longshots):

• Letang, Hossa, Yakupov, Datsyuk, Duchene, Kane, Karlsson, Ovi, Vanek, Hall, Gaborik, Malkin, Crosby, Kovalchuk, Lidstrom, RNH, Tavares, Landeskog gloves
  • Eberle, Kessel, Giroux, Ovi, Iginla stick

#4 stortz

stortz

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Helmet: Nike 0004

Skates: One95's/Vapor XXX

Stick: Easton Stealth

Gloves: MIA MB22 (i think. whatever franchises took over)

#5 Sort of Irish

Sort of Irish
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

Helmet: Bauer 4500

Skates: Graf G5 Ultra

Stick: Easton Mako

Gloves: CCM CL

#6 Scdp99

Scdp99

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

Helmet easton e700
Skates bauer
Stick bauer nexus 1000
Gloves: bauer xxxx

#7 JTully317

JTully317
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

Gloves: Warrior Luxe
Skates: Bauer Supreme
Sticks: Bauer Supreme

#8 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

I dont understand how people can pick stuff thats been on the market for less than a year? Best line ever imo means that its stuff that lasted years and people still miss that item. The rs1 barely lasted 1 production cycle for example. This isnt to pick on you prhockey, just a thought. Something like vapor xxx wheels or the se16 stick are examples of gear in my mind that are relevant to this discussion but its obviously subjective to everyone's opinions.

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#9 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

Let's also hear the reasons why it's the best.  Answers such as because its bauer or just because are not permitted

#10 JTully317

JTully317
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Gloves: Warrior Luxe
Best fitting/feeling glove I've ever worn.
Good classic fit, great style. Also fits in line with protection I need just playing beer league.
Skates: Bauer Supreme
Best skate I've ever worn. I wore tacks my whole life and once I switched to Bauer Supreme line 3 years back I'll never go back.
Stick: Bauer Supreme
Never used a synergy that was my own as my family could not afford/justify to purchase when they were out. Bought a CCM V100 on sale and liked it, but once I used Bauer I've liked them ever since. Used a few pro stock Eastons, but I always come back to TotalOnes/One95s

#11 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Just my general consensus on the topic, I'll try to to pick one certain line of a brand but I'm looking at it over a long period of time. Overall best IMO are as follows

Helmets,

I think from the early 70's until now the CCM buckets have to be the best, considering there were no RBK or EASTON then, not too many Bauers either back in the day. The 08 CCM is I think by far the most favorite to date but my favorite's in today's market are the RBK 8K and Bauer 4500.

Gloves,

Again, if you look over time the CCM gloves have always been near the top, Brand and demand wise anyways. Nowadays you have a lot more to choose from but they have been a staple in the game when it came to gloves. I'd say the new 4 rolls in the CCM brand is the nicest looking and feeling line to date. My personal favorite line today is the Franchise in Warrior

Skates,

Throughout the history of hockey I think the Bauer and CCM line has been far better than any other brand. The sales would say this is correct IMO. For me the SuperTack skate is my favorite of all time in the CCM brand, Bauer Supremes are hard to beat in the Bauer line. I'm a Graf guy all the way today, the older I get the more I'll stick with em I think. ;)

Protective body,

Jofa has been my favorite since they started, both shins and elbows although Sherwood had some cool stuff decades ago and is still competitive with it's old school originals today. Jofa 6070 on the shin and 9144 on the elbow.

Pants,

Cooper was the staple for eons, now you have tons of models from the likes of almost every big name in the game. If I pick one it would be the Warrior Franchise, for my body anyway.

Finally the STICKS and CURVES

The Sherwood PMP was the "go to" back in yesteryears, but today I would choose the Warrior Dolomite and the Easton SE16 as my fave lines from those companies. The fave Curve has always been the Sakic in modern day time. We used to have straight ones only when I started. :bored:

Sorry for the Novel. ;)

#12 wrlittle

wrlittle
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Helmet: CCM V08

Skates: Bauer XXX

Stick: Bauer One95

Gloves: CCM CLs

#13 Bardownhockey8

Bardownhockey8

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Gloves X60 Pro Or Luxe

Skates Bauer Supreme

Helmet Reakt

Stick Mako, RBZ, Supreme, Base 

#14 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

Helmet: Bauer 4500, I've been using 4000s/4500 since I started playing hockey at 5. I've tried Rbks, CCMs, Easton's, 5100s, 5500s, and none fit or feel better than 4500s.

Shoulders: Sherwood 5030s, they are minimalistic, but still offer me enough protection. I'm not one for buying all this new technology, so I'll stick with what's worked best for me.

Elbows: Jofa 9044, growing up elbows were my absolute least favorite piece of gear. None ever fit me well, they all felt uncomfortable and restrictive. I tried countless pairs until I went with Jofas, at first I wasn't sure on them but once I broke them in there was no looking back.

Pants: Hustlers/Easton Pros/Tackla 5000, pants never really were something I worried too much about growing up, I was primarily a Tackla guy until midgets. I'd say that Tacklas are definetly tried and true, been around longer than Hustlers and Easton pros they've more than proved themselves.

Shins: Jofa 5090/6070, not much to say about these, been using them since the old orange and black graphics. Shin pads today can't compare to what Jofa was pushing out 20 years ago. I will never wear anything, but Jofas.

Gloves: Pre-Vaughn Eagles/Easton 800s/Bauer XXXXs, I grew up using Eagles and always loved them. Thought they looked as good as they felt, this was pre-Vaughn era. The old Easton 800s with the oval E are probably one of my favorite gloves of all times, not sure why, but I've never had a glove I liked more. XXXXs with digi can't be beat.

Skates: Bauer Vapor X60, I was a CCM guy until the One90s came out, bought those and loved them, got XXXXs and they were awful, X60s came after that and I still to this day have not found a skate that I felt more comfortable in.

Sticks: Easton CNT Stealth, by far my favorite stick ever. I couldn't buy enough of those things, shaft shape was perfect, feel, kick, everything was one of a kind. I miss those more than any piece of gear ever produced.

#15 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

Skates Bauer Supreme

Yup, :up:

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#16 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

Just my general consensus on the topic, I'll try to to pick one certain line of a brand but I'm looking at it over a long period of time. Overall best IMO are as follows

Helmets,

I think from the early 70's until now the CCM buckets have to be the best, considering there were no RBK or EASTON then, not too many Bauers either back in the day. The 08 CCM is I think by far the most favorite to date but my favorite's in today's market are the RBK 8K and Bauer 4500.

Gloves,

Again, if you look over time the CCM gloves have always been near the top, Brand and demand wise anyways. Nowadays you have a lot more to choose from but they have been a staple in the game when it came to gloves. I'd say the new 4 rolls in the CCM brand is the nicest looking and feeling line to date. My personal favorite line today is the Franchise in Warrior

Skates,

Throughout the history of hockey I think the Bauer and CCM line has been far better than any other brand. The sales would say this is correct IMO. For me the SuperTack skate is my favorite of all time in the CCM brand, Bauer Supremes are hard to beat in the Bauer line. I'm a Graf guy all the way today, the older I get the more I'll stick with em I think. ;)

Protective body,

Jofa has been my favorite since they started, both shins and elbows although Sherwood had some cool stuff decades ago and is still competitive with it's old school originals today. Jofa 6070 on the shin and 9144 on the elbow.

Pants,

Cooper was the staple for eons, now you have tons of models from the likes of almost every big name in the game. If I pick one it would be the Warrior Franchise, for my body anyway.

Finally the STICKS and CURVES

The Sherwood PMP was the "go to" back in yesteryears, but today I would choose the Warrior Dolomite and the Easton SE16 as my fave lines from those companies. The fave Curve has always been the Sakic in modern day time. We used to have straight ones only when I started. :bored:

Sorry for the Novel. ;)

what i was looking for when I started this topic!

#17 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Helmet: Bauer 4500, I've been using 4000s/4500 since I started playing hockey at 5. I've tried Rbks, CCMs, Easton's, 5100s, 5500s, and none fit or feel better than 4500s.

Shoulders: Sherwood 5030s, they are minimalistic, but still offer me enough protection. I'm not one for buying all this new technology, so I'll stick with what's worked best for me.

Elbows: Jofa 9044, growing up elbows were my absolute least favorite piece of gear. None ever fit me well, they all felt uncomfortable and restrictive. I tried countless pairs until I went with Jofas, at first I wasn't sure on them but once I broke them in there was no looking back.

Pants: Hustlers/Easton Pros/Tackla 5000, pants never really were something I worried too much about growing up, I was primarily a Tackla guy until midgets. I'd say that Tacklas are definetly tried and true, been around longer than Hustlers and Easton pros they've more than proved themselves.

Shins: Jofa 5090/6070, not much to say about these, been using them since the old orange and black graphics. Shin pads today can't compare to what Jofa was pushing out 20 years ago. I will never wear anything, but Jofas.

Gloves: Pre-Vaughn Eagles/Easton 800s/Bauer XXXXs, I grew up using Eagles and always loved them. Thought they looked as good as they felt, this was pre-Vaughn era. The old Easton 800s with the oval E are probably one of my favorite gloves of all times, not sure why, but I've never had a glove I liked more. XXXXs with digi can't be beat.

Skates: Bauer Vapor X60, I was a CCM guy until the One90s came out, bought those and loved them, got XXXXs and they were awful, X60s came after that and I still to this day have not found a skate that I felt more comfortable in.

Sticks: Easton CNT Stealth, by far my favorite stick ever. I couldn't buy enough of those things, shaft shape was perfect, feel, kick, everything was one of a kind. I miss those more than any piece of gear ever produced.

same here

#18 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

Helmet: Nike 0004. Size large in that lid fits my head perfect! I have a black one I wear and two new in box ones in red and royal blue.

Skates: reebok 9k whites. First RBk model out. Comfortable skates!

Stick: for me ccm's rbz 60, yes 60. It's the model I'm using right now and my game feels really good with it. I will eventually get a rbz but my season is only 3 more games. So next year ill have one! Summer.

Gloves: Easton pro stock gloves. From their 800s to synergy pro and se6 models. I like warriors feel but something about the 4 roll and the fingers in Easton's kills it!

#19 JLP15

JLP15
  • LocationEarth

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Think it's absolutely hilarious this topic lasted a half hour or so on MSH before being locked. There getting a little out of control over there. 

#20 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

Think it's absolutely hilarious this topic lasted a half hour or so on MSH before being locked. There getting a little out of control over there. 

Why would they lock it up ?? Some lady's over there arguing ?? :D