bags

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 rbark11

rbark11
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hey fellas, 

I'm looking to pick up a new bag. Current one I use is too small (I think it's like 32"-34"), I can barely zip it up with all my gear in it. I would like a bigger bag, somewhere between 36"-40". Also not looking to spend too much money. These are some models that I'm looking at, just wondering if you guys have any suggestions/which one you like best.

Reebok Pro Bag (either in 40" or 36")

http://www.hockeymon...g-pro-40in.html

Bauer Premium Bag

http://www.hockeymon...arry-large.html

Tackla Bag 36"

http://www.hockeymon...ented-36in.html

CCM Pro Bag

http://www.icewareho...tml?pcode=CBPRO

Thanks guys!

#2 - M

- M

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

What features do you need though?  Internal/external skate pockets?  How many compartments?  Zipper configuration?

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#3 rbark11

rbark11
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

I would like a bag with separate skate pockets (internal/external doesn't matter to me that much). Compartments would help I feel like, but not a deal breaker for me. I guess overall I just want a bag that is big enough to carry all of my gear, and maybe some room for extra jerseys/socks and clothes 

#4 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

I'd go with a warrior bag...They're the perfect size for a player bag, not oversized, durable and light. Plus you can custom your own bag on the warrior website. 

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#5 JBFG

JBFG
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

+2 on that.  the warrior pro bag are awesome!

#6 OutcastFalcon

OutcastFalcon
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

+3 warrior bags are all I use.

#7 cwlaw

cwlaw
  • LocationNaperville, Illinois

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

I PM'ed you but I really really really like my JRZ bag.

#8 Huskie94

Huskie94
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

+4 for the Warrior Pro bag. I would never use anything else.

#9 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

fyi, that tackla bag is great, but the zippers are not, i've replaced them already for my friend, not the zippers zippers but the handle that encloses them

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#10 IDoezIt

IDoezIt
  • LocationMN

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

I use a Reebok Pro Player bag. Very solid bag.

ISO:

Kovalchuk Mitts Crosby Mitts

#11 - M

- M

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

Keep in mind with a pro bag it's just one big compartment.  It's recommended you get laundry and toiletry bags to keep all your supplies in... unless you want to rummage all over your bag to find things. 

I find that Bauer bag, or any with three compartments, to be the most practical.  The main compartment for gear, one compartment for all my pre-game stuff (under armor shirts, mouthguard, tape, etc.) and the other compartment for post game stuff (sandals, shower gel, towel, etc.)

I'm rather hypocritical because I'm using a pro style bag myself right now, due to my unnecessary preference for style over function.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#12 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

I've got a custom Warrior bag too. It's great. And I got mine with a few internal mesh compartments. On on either end for each skate, and there are three separate smaller ones along one of the long ends where I keep stuff like tape, a screw driver, sweet-stick, and shower stuff. The pro bags are the only way I'd go. And as Ian mentioned, customizing is awesome. I just wish they offered more colours - which isn't to say they don't offer a lot, they do, I just would want even more options. 

#13 SnipinFest9

SnipinFest9
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

how much do the custom bags run u guys?

If you need Maple Leafs Gear do NOT PM me

#14 Huskie94

Huskie94
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

Just get it retail  :up:

Here

#15 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

I paid around $150 for my custom Warrior bag. But the ONLY difference is the colours. If you don't care about the colours (because c'mon, it's just a  bag) then the retail ones will be great and you'll save quite a few bucks.

#16 poppop

poppop

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Warrior bag is the absolute only choice!

I think it was also on sale on HM with the clearance sale

#17 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

damn, you guys almost have me talked into one! I'm looking at getting a shorter bag because it's a little difficult (though not impossible) to get my bag (40") in the trunk of my gf's Prius. I have to have skate pockets and accessory pockets though. can anybody take a pic of the inside of the Warrior bag for me?

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#18 poppop

poppop

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

the retail bags have two pockets on the ends and pockets ( I believe two or three ) running along one side of the bag

#19 poppop

poppop

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Here is a view from the top of the bag, not at home right now and I have time to kill.  all pockets are made of the same mesh on the top of the bag I believe.

|      |  POCKET     |  POCKET      |  POCKET   |       |

|  P  |                                                                  |  P  |

|  O |                                                                   |  O  |

|  C |                                                                   |  C  |

|  K |                                                                   |  K  |

|  E |                                                                   |  E  |

|  T |                                                                   |  T  |

|___|________________________________|____|

#20 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

interesting! so you could totally put a skate in each end pocket and then tape, screwdriver, whatever in the side pockets?

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bags