PinkEye's Content

There have been 49 items by PinkEye (Search limited from 14-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#305044 2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

Posted by PinkEye on 24 August 2016 - 09:48 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

i wish the hashtag thing would die

we're going to look back on it 30 years from now and think how stupid it was

#304038 Roy resigns from Avalanche organization

Posted by PinkEye on 12 August 2016 - 09:54 AM in Hockey Talk

I'm not about to post pictures of him partying on a public forum man that's not very professional. As someone that's gone on fishing trips with him and got to know him through some very close mutual friends I'm not really in a position to potentially degrade his position. Pm me I'll show you a group pic from a trip to Nashville if you'd like

i don't want to be responsible if a pic like that ever leaks so i'll take your word for it

i still stand by my word that there were no credible rumors saying roy wanted duchene traded and especially for being a partier 

#304013 Roy resigns from Avalanche organization

Posted by PinkEye on 11 August 2016 - 09:22 PM in Hockey Talk

You'd be surprised how hard duchesne goes in the off season. Lmao his personal ig is quite different from his NHL image one

please share i'm genuinely curious 

#304002 Roy resigns from Avalanche organization

Posted by PinkEye on 11 August 2016 - 07:20 PM in Hockey Talk

Apparently, there are plenty of Duchene rumours out there....

https://www.google.c...e trade rumours

and none of them say it was roy who wanted him out

#304001 Roy resigns from Avalanche organization

Posted by PinkEye on 11 August 2016 - 07:15 PM in Hockey Talk

First quarter of last season Duchene was on the trading block.

At the end of the year Roy ripped him, and the core of the team in the media for his 30th goal celebration in a 5-1 loss after already being eliminated from the playoffs.

Then In April, Duchene himself speaks about how he might get traded: http://www.sportsnet...ade-off-season/

Two years prior it was reported that Duchene was one of the Avs young core players who packed it in at the end of the year in anticipation for a big Vegas trip once the regular season had ended. Sacco was fired a few weeks after this report, and Roy was hired about a month later. Basically walking into that mess and fallout. 

There have been issues coming out of Denver for a while now, and I dont find it surprising that Roy would have wanted him moved while his value was still high in order to get value back and shake up the core of the team.

RE: Barrie

You are right, IIRC it did come from Frei, but hes also their beat writer so why wouldn't he be a credible source as it pertains to whats being said by team officials/coaches behind the scenes.

Barrie had the second TOI for defenseman due to heavy powerplay minutes, and also being on a team with bad defense depth. Remember their top two defenseman last year were Eric Johnson, and a fossilized François Beauchemin. He is a great offensive-defenseman, but in his own zone he is a liability with a lot of room for improvement.

you said: "Rumor has it that he also wanted Duchene traded" which is wrong. 

Roy never said he wanted Duchene traded. No one on the Avs have said that. The rumor was he was on the trading block and his name was being floated which is very, very, very different from Roy explicitly saying he wants Duchene traded like you implied. For all we know it was Sakic since it is Sakic's job to talk with other GM's.

Duchene was never tied with the Vegas comments from Giguere. The ones that were thought to have been on the Vegas trip were Shane O'Brien, TJ Galiardi, and David Jones. All of them happened to be shipped out of Denver the same time Roy landed for his coaching job. Matt Duchene's go-to off season activity is fucking fishing with his dog in Haliburton. Have you ever seen a pic of Duchene partying it up in Vegas like you see of SOB or Galiardi? If it weren't for the All Star game vodka comments I wouldn't even know he drank alcohol because he's a health nut.

Frei isn't the beat writer that's Chambers. Frei bitches every time he has to go on a road trip to watch the team. Frei and DP are terrible sources for Avalanche news. It's not a secret the avalanche would rather make announcements regarding the team themselves and Frei and Chambers have made public comments complaining about that practice. The team only reluctantly releases info to the DP every now and then to throw them a bone. why do you think DP is garbage and allowed blogs like BSN Denver to surpass them for team news and info?

In regards to Barrie's time on ice, if you adjust for 5v5 he is third overall amongst defenseman. The player ahead of him, Nick Holden, played a whopping 13 more minutes than Barrie but he also played in 4 more games than Barrie. 

there are plenty of reasons to criticize Roy for the lack of success the last two seasons but you're attributing him to all the wrong ones.

#303989 Roy resigns from Avalanche organization

Posted by PinkEye on 11 August 2016 - 04:03 PM in Hockey Talk

Not as crazy as you'd think when you remember Roy's personality, coupled with the Avs recent roster moves.

He was never high on Barrie, even said publicly he saw him as a bottom pair d-man, Avs then sign him to a 4-year deal.

Rumor has it that he also wanted Duchene traded, but the Avs are hell bent against that.

Avs are a mess. Le sigh...

he didn't say that terry frei said that in a shitpost of an article. if he saw barrie as a bottom pairing why did he have the second most TOI out of all the D last season? i'd also like to see where you're getting the rumors of him wanting duchene traded as well. 

#302254 2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

Posted by PinkEye on 19 July 2016 - 09:42 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

he needs to play for the arizona coyotes where he belongs. with chris pronger on the blue line. 

#301568 South Korean prospect Sang-Hoon Shin put on a clinic at Stars camp

Posted by PinkEye on 10 July 2016 - 05:37 PM in Hockey Talk

i guess you can cross hockey off of things asians aren't good at list

#301183 2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

Posted by PinkEye on 06 July 2016 - 02:31 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

are the nexus 7000's the same as nexus 1000's in fit and specs?

#300511 ISO Medium Black Pants

Posted by PinkEye on 28 June 2016 - 10:43 AM in Gear wanted

not my listing but maybe make this guy an offer - http://www.ebay.com/...S8AAOSwvg9XWevQ

#300355 2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

Posted by PinkEye on 26 June 2016 - 10:31 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

i don't like the vertical logo on the pants i think they should have moved it behind the leg like a few teams in the league do

#300048 Favorite pro stock glove model?

Posted by PinkEye on 23 June 2016 - 09:47 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

4 roll pro or ax1

#299549 Cracks in toe

Posted by PinkEye on 16 June 2016 - 03:01 PM in Hockey Gear

tape the toe

#299445 Oakley Small Straight Visor

Posted by PinkEye on 15 June 2016 - 01:56 PM in Hockey Gear

the tron ones are just as good imo

#299097 Hockey in India grows awesome video

Posted by PinkEye on 10 June 2016 - 02:11 AM in Hockey Talk

at 1:18 the little girl smiles then quickly frowns

someone probably gave her a pair of mako gloves

#298954 San Diego Gulls sale

Posted by PinkEye on 08 June 2016 - 02:30 PM in Pro Equipment Sales

What's GGSU?

goalie gear sluts united

#298945 San Diego Gulls sale

Posted by PinkEye on 08 June 2016 - 01:37 PM in Pro Equipment Sales

Did anyone make it? How was it?

lots of sticks and socks

not much else

#298874 Recent Pick-ups

Posted by PinkEye on 07 June 2016 - 02:23 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Not pro stock, but thanks to Eagle Hockey, I'm getting close to finishing up a fantasy Philippines set up.

These will go with my gloves that I've sent to Pat for more customizing.

these socks would go great

http://www.ebay.com/...sd=131814278510

#297847 San Diego Gulls sale

Posted by PinkEye on 25 May 2016 - 12:06 PM in Pro Equipment Sales

i was planning on being out of town that weekend but nope not anymore

#297555 2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

Posted by PinkEye on 21 May 2016 - 04:19 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

why did they discontinue the v08? they should keep it around like the 4500 has been around for forever.

#297540 2 Minnesota Wild Franchise glvoes

Posted by PinkEye on 21 May 2016 - 01:19 PM in Gloves - For Sale

ugh those cookes are beauties but I can't wear them without questioning my morality 

#297435 CCM HP UCLP vs. HP45 vs. HP45X

Posted by PinkEye on 20 May 2016 - 10:37 AM in Hockey Gear

UCLP's are really short I'm 5-7 170 and have smalls i wear sometimes. the waist fits perfect but ideally the legs should have been +1 or even +2

#297293 Anaheim Ducks sale

Posted by PinkEye on 18 May 2016 - 09:04 PM in Pro Equipment Sales

were there gulls socks or gear? i'm dying for a pair. 

with that said, anyone have any idea on when the gulls sale is?

#296633 WTB: MSL stick

Posted by PinkEye on 12 May 2016 - 02:11 PM in Gear wanted

looking for a new martin st louis pro stock stick

send me pics and your pricing

#294565 Senior Pranks

Posted by PinkEye on 18 April 2016 - 05:41 PM in Off Topic

half of your list would get you arrested in america