Sediton's Content

There have been 7 items by Sediton (Search limited from 28-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#361529 Broken Fibula

Posted by Sediton on 30 May 2019 - 12:46 AM in Hockey Talk

^ Yup. That is more or less the same way I did mine, but on a skateboard (1/2 pipe).

#361524 Broken Fibula

Posted by Sediton on 29 May 2019 - 08:18 PM in Hockey Talk

^ Ugh. Sorry to hear that. What happened on ice that caused the break? Hope that you get back out there soon.

#361451 Broken Fibula

Posted by Sediton on 27 May 2019 - 04:48 PM in Hockey Talk

^ All things considered, that is both great and encouraging news. Thank you for the info. Dying to get back on the ice again, or even get to weight-bearing so I can do dry-land stick handling / shooting stuff. Again, thanks for all the info. Much appreciated!

#361423 Noob from Boston

Posted by Sediton on 26 May 2019 - 10:37 AM in New Members

Thanks, all!

#361367 Noob from Boston

Posted by Sediton on 24 May 2019 - 02:07 AM in New Members

Hey All,

New member here. I’m also new to (playing) hockey. Life-long skateboarder who just took up hockey after thinking I had forever aged-out of it by not starting when I was 5-years-old. My only regret so far is not starting earlier! Having so much fun.

Best Regards,
-Chris

#361364 Broken Fibula

Posted by Sediton on 24 May 2019 - 01:32 AM in Hockey Talk

Hey boys.

Broke my fibula last night at hockey - my toe picked in the ice and I twisted and fell back over it after taking a hit (similar to Michael Roszival's injury in the playoffs a couple years ago.)

I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar injury, and what the timeline/ recovery process was, and how quickly you were able to get back on the ice.

Initial diagnosis is 6 weeks, but thats when my cast comes off, wondering how long it'll take after that to get back on the ice. My league playoffs start March 25th, so was wondering if that's even a possibility.

Thanks

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. Can't seem to figure out how to delete the duplicate.

Bumping an old thread. How did you make out with recovery? I just broke mine (with ligament damage) on a half-pipe (skateboarding) two days ago. Surgery was today. I know it’s going to be awhile...I’m just hoping there isn’t too much permanent damage to keep me off the ice (or the skateboard).

#361363 Broken Fibula

Posted by Sediton on 24 May 2019 - 01:32 AM in Hockey Talk

Hey boys.

Broke my fibula last night at hockey - my toe picked in the ice and I twisted and fell back over it after taking a hit (similar to Michael Roszival's injury in the playoffs a couple years ago.)

I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar injury, and what the timeline/ recovery process was, and how quickly you were able to get back on the ice.

Initial diagnosis is 6 weeks, but thats when my cast comes off, wondering how long it'll take after that to get back on the ice. My league playoffs start March 25th, so was wondering if that's even a possibility.

Thanks

Bumping an old thread. How did you make out with recovery? I just broke mine (with ligament damage) on a half-pipe (skateboarding) two days ago. Surgery was today. I know it’s going to be awhile...I’m just hoping there isn’t too much permanent damage to keep me off the ice (or the skateboard).