Dustbuster's Content

There have been 14 items by Dustbuster (Search limited from 19-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#387982 Removed

Posted by Dustbuster on 26 November 2023 - 10:24 AM in Gear wanted

No longer needed. Please lock thread

#387956 2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

Posted by Dustbuster on 23 November 2023 - 09:03 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Agreed. I'll go a step further and add that they should make their anniversary logos permanent as well. The "B" pops a lot more without all of the busy outlines. The serifs that were added in 2007 can stay, though.

I’ll even go one more step further and say they should bring back their black AND white mitts. They wore these for decades and stopped some time in the early 00’s in favor of all black gloves. I love what the Penguins are rocking, that’s what the B’s should go back to as well.

#387945 CCM HGTK vs HG97 vs HGPJS

Posted by Dustbuster on 22 November 2023 - 12:46 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

So I got my hand on a pair of 14” HG97 and they are perfect. Much to my surprise the physical glove itself is exactly the same as the 13” model, just with a larger palm/fingers/gussets. Both pairs I have to compare are regular team stock models so I don’t believe any modifications/customizations have been made to either pair. Interesting but pleasant surprise.

#387917 CCM HGTK vs HG97 vs HGPJS

Posted by Dustbuster on 19 November 2023 - 02:43 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

I actually went through the exact same ridiculous search a few years back. 13” Jetspeed were tiny in the actual palm, 14” felt massive to me, 14” tacks felt sloppy at best, but I never bothered to try a 13” tacks. For what it’s worth, I found the 14” HG97 to fit pretty well.

That’s good to hear, that’s what I’m hoping for. I have a feeling it’ll rise a little higher up my forearm than I’m use to (14” Jetspeed is shorter than the 13” HG97) but it’s stellar protection none the less.

#387912 CCM HGTK vs HG97 vs HGPJS

Posted by Dustbuster on 18 November 2023 - 11:31 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

I found the HGPJS fingers too long , when the HGTK & HG97's finger length were not too long.

I’m having similar findings that are driving me nuts. Tried 13” HGPJS that the fingers were perfect but palms a little small. 14” HGPJS fingers too long and overall glove too big/loose. 13” HG97 palms are perfect but fingers way too short. Decided to try a Warrior 13” Alpha 20 (DX), fingers and palms perfect but gloves are just way too wide/loose. I just ordered a pair of 14” HG97 but I have a feeling the overall glove is going to be too long. Considering trying out the 13” Warrior QRE. Wish I could somehow have the 13” HG97 modified with 14” palms/gussets, feel like that might be a perfect fit for me.

#387838 Removed

Posted by Dustbuster on 11 November 2023 - 07:05 PM in Gear wanted

Removed

#387704 Warrior Pro Stock Gloves

Posted by Dustbuster on 28 October 2023 - 04:32 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

The 20 versions have nash palms instead of micronash for more durability. Otherwise, they're the same glove.

Appreciate the feedback! That makes sense. Any idea if the same rule applies to the Covert 20 vs Covert QRE?

#387700 Warrior Pro Stock Gloves

Posted by Dustbuster on 28 October 2023 - 02:13 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Curious if anyone knows what the difference between the Alpha DX and Alpha 20 are. I bought a pair of gloves off SLS that were advertised as Alpha DX but they’re from an ECHL team so I suspect they’re actually Alpha 20. Came with shot blockers that I removed. Just comparing photos it looks like aside from some cosmetic differences they’re the same glove? Definitely spot on with the DX not the QX. Any thoughts? I wear 13” usually and I’m swimming in these gloves. Thought I heard the DX was suppose to be more tapered/anatomical.

#385371 Sherwood Pro Stock Gloves

Posted by Dustbuster on 02 April 2023 - 09:46 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Hard to tell from the pics but are the M90 and Element One the same/similar fit? I love the CCM FT1 but have been eyeballing these for a while now, especially since they’re readily available and come in a variety of color ways.

#384757 The "that's @#!$& ridiculous" on ebay thread

Posted by Dustbuster on 17 February 2023 - 09:44 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

This guy's entire locker is hilariously overpriced. https://sidelineswap...r/HockeyGearGuy

This one in particular…Bauers cheap $60 retail pair labeled “Pro Stock” for twice the price https://sidelineswap...k-vapor-gloves?

#383961 Jofa x090 Series Shins

Posted by Dustbuster on 17 January 2023 - 09:47 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Does anyone know what the differences are between the Jofa x090 series (5090, 6090, 8090) shins?

Obvious difference, the 5090 appears to have just the outside knee guard while the 6090 and 8090 both have the same knee guard as well as calf guard? What’s the difference between the 6090 and 8090? Are they both the same as the 5090 with just the calf guard removed?

I’m asking because I have a pair of 8090 I’ve never worn because they’re narrow. Wasn’t sure if the 6090 was a wider model? In comparison (maybe?) my main pair of shins are modded Rbk 5k and though a bit more bare bones they’re much wider and lighter. Not sure what Jofa model they’re a descendant of.

#383880 WTB: Boston Bruins Home (Gold) Socks

Posted by Dustbuster on 14 January 2023 - 09:11 AM in Gear wanted

Awesome, thank you. The XLs I have I might’ve just bought from you off SLS 😁 just a bit too big

#383844 WTB: Boston Bruins Home (Gold) Socks

Posted by Dustbuster on 11 January 2023 - 06:53 PM in Gear wanted

Looking for a pair of pre-Adidas uniform change Boston Bruins home gold socks in Large only, I have a pair of Reeboks in XL already. Reebok or CCM is fine. Thanks.

#383836 Recent Pick-ups

Posted by Dustbuster on 10 January 2023 - 07:36 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Long time lurker. Love the forums here.

Not my first piece of pro stock gear but my most recent. Seller didn’t specify where they came from but they sure as heck looks like Canadiens team stock. Not sure who else is using this colorway?

HG97XP
RwnaSMA.jpg