wbj's Content

There have been 10 items by wbj (Search limited from 09-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#379543 Recent Pick-ups

Posted by wbj on 02 December 2021 - 09:42 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Pro custom

Interesting.... they're doing the different color quarters now... love the look of the all black 

#379538 Recent Pick-ups

Posted by wbj on 02 December 2021 - 07:54 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Are those the MyBauer customs or the St Jerome (or wherever it is now) pro customs?

#378918 Stick and Puck

Posted by wbj on 08 October 2021 - 09:17 PM in Hockey Talk

If you signed up for stick and puck at Advent Health Ice, then it's no gear and home school kids just shooting around

#378058 Wrap-around girdle

Posted by wbj on 24 July 2021 - 06:58 PM in Hockey Gear

I am a medium in my jetspeed and the acp. I am 6’3” and these are great. I use in the +1” option

What is your weight and waist?

#377399 Bauer Vapor Hyperlite

Posted by wbj on 04 June 2021 - 11:27 AM in Hockey Gear

They're not the ugliest thing that Bauer has ever put out but the prototypes looked way better

#376878 Pro Stock Sticks on Sean Avery Podcast

Posted by wbj on 23 April 2021 - 11:44 AM in Hockey Talk

He does a lot of his business on the Custom stick side.  That's when you order the 5 plus pack of sticks for $880.  That's part of whole idea about the site.  To get Pro curves that people like but can't always get.  For me, the curve I use is hard to come by and sometimes rare but he sells it.

I have a few of the one off sticks and plan to do a custom order.  One thing i can tell you is, they are well made sticks.  

Check out hockeyreviews.ca review of Pros sticks.  

Will second this... I have some sticks that I bought off PSH that aren't on the site anymore and ordering 5 for $880 (and no mold fee, which is huge) is an absolute win.

Glad to hear the sticks are well made.... his factory supplier is a couple ex-Bauer guys who were there before their durability went to shit with the 1x and 1N, so all in all it seems like a very good deal for what you get. 

#376734 Pickup hockey in Tampa

Posted by wbj on 13 April 2021 - 06:51 PM in Hockey Talk

TGH Tuesdays and Thursday, Ellenton has different ones for various ages, I think Clearwater Ice most Sunday nights

#376041 Post COVID-19 hockey?

Posted by wbj on 26 February 2021 - 06:10 PM in Hockey Talk

Hockey here has been rolling along through the pandemic. Wear masks into the rink, [maybe] in the locker room, nothing on the ice. On the team I've been filling in for, we've had two cases I believe. I also play pick-up games regularly with an older group, and we had a month off right after the holidays.

One thing I've noticed though playing during all this: Guys are really on edge. I've seen more fights this year and physical play than ever. Last night a guy went completely off the rails starting fights, and even attempted to follow me into a locker room to fight. I'm about to turn 40 and have two kids and a full-time job. I have no time for this bullshit. I don't know if this is a local thing here in my state, or if this is something that plagues beer leagues in other areas as well. There was the occasional tussle, but nothing like it's been lately. It's honestly killing my desire to play hockey. Which really sucks, because it's been such a great outlet and a fun hobby.

I think it's where you're at... I've been on the ice 3x a week since last May in two different states and haven't seen any of this.... both were in states way way less restricted than Illinois and Chicago though, so that might factor in

#374871 Hockey in Nashville

Posted by wbj on 05 January 2021 - 03:32 PM in Hockey Talk

No idea what it's like currently b/c of covid but there are two rinks in the city, each with multiple sheets... Centennial is older and a bit more run down but not a terrible rink, and Ford Ice Center out by the mall is pretty new and a really nice facility, just kind of in a shitty area... they used to have cops parked out front if you skated there at night from what I remember. 

#374485 Post COVID-19 hockey?

Posted by wbj on 07 December 2020 - 10:47 PM in Hockey Talk

One case turned into at least 15 at a men’s league game in Florida: https://www.tampabay...virus-outbreak/

6 months ago... no cases at the rink since