Too Old's Content

There have been 290 items by Too Old (Search limited from 16-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#52346 Your protective setup

Posted by Too Old on 25 August 2012 - 04:46 PM in Hockey Gear

Usual (TBL) setup:

Helmet: royal blue Warrior Krown 360 combo
Shoulders: Warrior Projekt
Elbows: Jofa 9044
Pants: TBL Warrior Franchise custom
Shins: Warrior Franchise
Skates: Graf G3, occasionally Graf 703
Gloves: TBL Warrior Franchise Advanced

This pic taken before getting the Warrior shoulders and shins:

Posted Image

Older pic showing more of my TBL stuff:

Posted Image

For my Wings setup it's a change to a red Krown 360 combo, Warrior padded lower attached to a Tackla upper, and Franchise gloves. Here's an older pic of all of my Wings gear before the Krown was bought:

Posted Image

Also have a pair of custom Tackla 5000 pants and matching Warrior Luxe gloves:

Posted Image

#69889 Your "Team Jersey" thread

Posted by Too Old on 21 November 2012 - 01:15 AM in Hockey Talk

Here's the other side... taken on Monday during our game. Wearing another old Mission helmet but the newer G3's. Never know what I'll show up with to wear, lol.

Posted Image

#69804 Your "Team Jersey" thread

Posted by Too Old on 20 November 2012 - 05:02 PM in Hockey Talk

Our team (Honey Badgers) jersey. They're reversible black/white. Along with old school stuff top and bottom... Mission helmet/480 and 703's with black Tuuk holders.

Posted Image

#53175 x-axis

Posted by Too Old on 29 August 2012 - 01:01 PM in Feedback

Bought a pair of Warrior shins from him via MSH. Exactly as described and shipped them right out. Would heartily recommend any time. Thanks again!

#55516 WTB 11k gloves or Creeper gloves!

Posted by Too Old on 10 September 2012 - 08:47 PM in Gear wanted

Still want to move my V08's to someone!

#69514 winter classic practice jersey?

Posted by Too Old on 19 November 2012 - 02:03 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

I got a black Wings WC practice jersey (Hudler) and it was $250, along with a brand new pair of socks. The WC stuff is almost harder to find than anything else due to limited quantities.

#75856 What gear did you get for Christmas

Posted by Too Old on 25 December 2012 - 04:27 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Got a powered hockey drying rack; one of the PVC style units from eBay. It looks like it'll do the job and keep stuff from having to lay on the floor in front of the fan. That was all I asked for.

#96122 What are you drinking today?

Posted by Too Old on 09 March 2013 - 12:06 AM in Off Topic

Cuervo silver.

#135125 Well gang... some bad news for me...

Posted by Too Old on 10 July 2013 - 12:23 PM in Off Topic

Well gang... I'm still alive. Two surgeries in Rochester along with more tests than I can endure hardly, lol. The tumor is in an area where it's not removable but will be treated. I'll be taking cancer treatments in Cedar Rapids beginning in a couple days for about 6 weeks. My biggest fear is that the tumor may slip back and grow again... not what I want with a 14 yr old daughter and a wife I love dearly. Also with the two older kids which were hers... 28 and 30. I'm here at work today for a few hours trying to wrap up some repair order work that's been slipping the last few weeks. But, the thing that will change is my lifestyle... if I can play hockey again... yep, I will. But if not then I'll devote all my time to the family. I just wanted to thank each and every one of you on here/Facebook/etc. that's been kind enough to send messages and give me your thoughts.

ps... don't hound me to sell my gear! :)  If it has to happen eventually it will, lol!

#129917 Well gang... some bad news for me...

Posted by Too Old on 21 June 2013 - 02:49 PM in Off Topic

Just wanted to share why I've been a bit vacant from here. Our hockey season was done about 5 weeks ago for the summer. When that quit I began to feel like shit and get headaches. A trip to my doctor and neuro have proven that I have a brain tumor behind my left eye near the edge of the brain. Where we live is only about 2 hours south of Rochester, MN (Mayo Clinic). I'm waiting a call hopefully by Monday from them to see what my fate holds. I've done a ton of online reading and there appears to be a chance it can be removed... but it may grow back in time. The doc told me I may have to give up hockey... ha! I told him I'd switch to goalie if it required a bit more head protection. Time will tell. As will my ability to mountain bike, road bike, and motorcycle ride. Which in itself is tough as I'm the service manager at a very busy Harley-Davidson/Yamaha dealer. This is worst for my wife who lost her first husband 26 years ago to a brain tumor. They're kids are now 30 and 28, and ours is just 14. My fear is losing everyone so that keeps me motivated. Anyhow... that's the scoop and thanks for the wishes from my pals on here and Facebook... it's been greatly appreciated.

Steve Oldani

#47776 Warrior thumb logo

Posted by Too Old on 04 August 2012 - 09:18 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

x2... was told the same thing about a couple things I wanted to do.

#49120 Warrior Pro Stock pants

Posted by Too Old on 10 August 2012 - 03:57 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

I wear a 34" waist size in jeans and the Franchise custom pants fit me perfect in size small.

#49149 Warrior Pro Stock pants

Posted by Too Old on 10 August 2012 - 06:10 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

5'8" and weigh around 175-ish. Short legs, lol... 30" inseam... so I ordered the pants with a -1" length as well and they fit superb.

#59918 Warrior Pro Stock Gloves

Posted by Too Old on 02 October 2012 - 02:53 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Dominic Moore's Creepers thanks to Larrivee for the hookup again. :headbang:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#64237 Warrior Pro Stock Gloves

Posted by Too Old on 25 October 2012 - 09:32 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Ditto the good timing for me... I was able to get a pair of the Lidstrom gloves. :headbang:
Now I'll probably be thinning out some of my other Wings and Lightning gloves and possibly some pants. I've decided that I just don't need so much stuff around.

#60003 Warrior Pro Stock Gloves

Posted by Too Old on 02 October 2012 - 09:56 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

This will be my 2nd pair of Creepers... had these customs done a year or two ago via PSHG.

Posted Image

#64411 Warrior Pro Stock Gloves

Posted by Too Old on 25 October 2012 - 11:51 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Some gloves and pants. Will have to get organized. It didn't help my PC crapped out tonight so I'm on the laptop. Some of the stuff is still buried in the glove and pants for sale sections. Will update this weekend but that's a start.

#49034 Warrior Hitman Shoulder Pads (Small)

Posted by Too Old on 10 August 2012 - 11:34 AM in Protective Gear - For Sale

Will take them; PM sent

#49039 Warrior Hitman Shoulder Pads (Small)

Posted by Too Old on 10 August 2012 - 11:47 AM in Protective Gear - For Sale

Got it, payment sent. Thanks again, Steve.

#44436 Warrior helmet

Posted by Too Old on 17 July 2012 - 04:25 PM in Hockey Gear

My two Missions are getting a bit old and it was time for something new. This one will match my new colorway TBL gloves/pants/socks nicely.

#45001 Warrior helmet

Posted by Too Old on 20 July 2012 - 04:59 PM in Hockey Gear

Thanks guys. It's been tough to say the least. Especially with two younger siblings who are acting like vultures. I'd had the helmet on order for a while from Total Hockey. Probably the first one out from there it sounds like.

#44986 Warrior helmet

Posted by Too Old on 20 July 2012 - 02:51 PM in Hockey Gear

Ready to go for tonight's game. Along with a remembrance for my mom who we lost on Wednesday. I need to get away and forget about things for a while and tonight should help.

Posted Image

#44430 Warrior helmet

Posted by Too Old on 17 July 2012 - 03:59 PM in Hockey Gear

I will have this here on Friday... :up:
Eventually I'll get a red one as well to wear with my Wings gear.

Posted Image

#44468 Warrior helmet

Posted by Too Old on 17 July 2012 - 07:37 PM in Hockey Gear

About $180 retail for the helmet/cage combo. If I get other colors I'll just buy the helmet and transfer the cage to save $40.

#45004 Warrior helmet

Posted by Too Old on 20 July 2012 - 05:10 PM in Hockey Gear

It's been the week from Hell. Most everyone has heard of the 2 missing little girls here in Iowa. The father of one is a good friend of mine and we play on the same team. They just announced it's a definite abduction, and they are briefing the family at 6pm tonight as to what evidence they've found. We've been praying the girls are safe. The day my mom died Drew even called me to express his condolences. I told him that the only thing that'd make me happy is to see those 2 girls home safe and sound. Please pray for the girls and their families. Drew is 2nd from left with white helmet and CCM gloves in this pic taken a few months ago. I'm the short guy clear on the end at the right. Adam who is clear left was one of the guys who went up in a helicopter right away to begin searching. Jeff is the other person... when the local police talked about suspending the search at the end of the first day he got the Iowa DCI involved via a friend who was an agent.

Posted Image