Golden Gate Sharpening's Content

There have been 474 items by Golden Gate Sharpening (Search limited from 29-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#387251 Yellow Synergy “rerelease”

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 13 September 2023 - 01:47 PM in Hockey Gear

Good suggestion. It’s really stupid to offer anything resembling a Synergy without trying to get the texture right. Pro should make a more detailed Synergy inspired graphics package; call it Pronergy or STnergy or something. I’d go for a Starskie rip-off. Those were nice looking. Model E kevlar looks closer to Warrior’s narrower weave from the early Dolomite days anyway.

I might do something similar on my next custom order. I loved my original yellow Macdaddy back in 2008-2009. 

#387254 Yellow Synergy “rerelease”

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 13 September 2023 - 02:28 PM in Hockey Gear

Those are awesome ChrisMolnar! Great taste and deserving of COTW. I was going to order the new prism graphics on my next order, but now I may recreate my original Easton and Warrior sticks instead. 

#387244 Yellow Synergy “rerelease”

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 12 September 2023 - 09:34 PM in Hockey Gear

Just my opinion, but if you're looking for yellow graphics at that price point, you're much better off getting together with a few friends and ordering some PRO sticks. I know they take 2-3 months, but the quality is far superior to a mid-level Bauer stick with a Synergy paint job. You can use your specs instead of only having three options for curve and four for flex. The "Model E" build with kevlar grip is based off original Easton sticks.

e92a344e5b21b02d_original.png?height=600

#388865 WTS - Custom Warrior QRL Pro Gloves 13" - Various Colours

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 16 April 2024 - 03:22 PM in Gloves - For Sale

PMed. 

#387572 WTB: Teal/Pink Gear

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 12 October 2023 - 04:52 PM in Gear wanted

https://sidelineswap...pant-shell-sz-m - member on here (sharks_throwaway) that will do a better price on S2K. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125976583170

#386097 Wild Franchise

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 26 May 2023 - 05:52 PM in Gear wanted

https://sidelineswap...alyst-9x-gloves

#386148 What's Your 'Holy Grail' Glove?

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 01 June 2023 - 01:22 AM in Hockey Gear

EK65's 2023 teal and Seals AX1's with funnel cuffs. I also regret not buying a pair of Denver University 13" QRE because the palms were beat up. I could have just sent them to ITR.

#387106 What model Jofa shin guards are these?

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 04 September 2023 - 03:56 PM in Hockey Gear

Nice job! Your items are listed for great prices and should sell fast. 

#387094 What model Jofa shin guards are these?

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 03 September 2023 - 06:47 PM in Hockey Gear

Those look like an earlier iteration of the 5070/6070/7K Pros. Since they're brand new with tags and 14" is a very desirable size, list them at ~$250 and see if you can get any takers. 

#388024 Warrior QRE Shell

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 01 December 2023 - 01:06 AM in Hockey Gear

They run small. I wear a medium girdle, but wear a M+ or L QRE shell. If you're in between sizes, go with the larger size. 

#387990 Warrior QRE Pro Girdle Medium

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 27 November 2023 - 09:51 PM in Gear wanted

DK has one:

https://sidelineswap...ncaa-used-11335

https://www.dkhockey...m-bc-ncaa-used/

#388474 Warrior Projekt Elbow Pads

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 07 February 2024 - 03:34 PM in Protective Gear - For Sale

Still available. Great pads, I just have too many pairs. 

#388602 Warrior Projekt Elbow Pads

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 27 February 2024 - 05:42 PM in Protective Gear - For Sale

Final price drop. 

#388400 Warrior Projekt Elbow Pads

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 26 January 2024 - 10:54 PM in Protective Gear - For Sale

Senior medium in good, used condition. $50 USD + shipping. https://sidelineswap...ull-description

#387701 Warrior Pro Stock Gloves

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 28 October 2023 - 02:30 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

The 20 versions have nash palms instead of micronash for more durability. Otherwise, they're the same glove. 

#387733 Warrior Pro Stock Gloves

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 30 October 2023 - 01:26 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

You sure that is it? There was a step down in foams from previous top end Warriors and the next line.

I have both pairs from PSH and they feel identical minus the palms. There may be some differences in the foams and plastics, but nothing that I can see or feel. I believe it's similar to CCM's system of the HG12/14, HG97/98, etc. 

#387705 Warrior Pro Stock Gloves

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 28 October 2023 - 05:16 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Appreciate the feedback! That makes sense. Any idea if the same rule applies to the Covert 20 vs Covert QRE?

Yes, the same applies to the Covert line. The ECHL has a lower budget than the AHL and NHL, so they rely on gloves lasting longer. When CCM was the ECHL's sponsor, their HG12, HG97, and other gloves had kevlar overlays on the palms to help durability. 

#387949 Warrior Creeper gloves able to be repaired?

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 22 November 2023 - 02:41 PM in Hockey Gear

ITR Hockey will be able to repair those, no problem. They need new palms, gussets, and re-attachment of the cuff roll. If you want to restore the original look and feel of the gloves, he has the same micronash material used on your Creepers. Otherwise, you have many palm options such as digital, mustang, or even standard nash. 

#387211 USPS Delays

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 11 September 2023 - 10:59 AM in Off Topic

My international packages usually go to LA as well. but for some reason every single thing has been going through Dallas. I know USPS has three international shipping centers (LA, CHI, NY) but my guess is that Dallas is their hub for ground "disadvantage" packages. It's in the middle of the country so it makes some sort of sense, but it's a logistical nightmare. I just received a package from Illinois that I ordered on the 20th of August. 

#387176 USPS Delays

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 09 September 2023 - 12:58 PM in Off Topic

Has anyone else had huge delays with USPS lately? Packages that usually take 2-3 days have been taking 8-10 days, sometimes more. All my packages have been going through the Dallas, TX distribution center no matter where they're shipped from. Dallas is 1,765 miles from me, so I'm not sure why they keep going there and not Sacramento (40 miles) or at least San Francisco (130 miles.) 

#387182 USPS Delays

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 09 September 2023 - 07:36 PM in Off Topic

Maybe Labor Day sales have them backed up?

That makes sense. The packages going to Dallas has been going on since the end of August, so maybe it's where they process all the parcel post/ground advantage packages? I have had a few issues with priority mail as well, but most of the items sent have been with the cheapest shipping method via SLS.

#387179 USPS Delays

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 09 September 2023 - 03:48 PM in Off Topic

Usps is a joke ! Trump was right.

I agree, but let's not make this a political thread. I just want to see if anyone else is having the same issue as me and if anyone knows the cause. 

Same. I’ve had a package stuck in Iowa for 6 days now

Same here with a package going to Michigan. It went to Dallas first, which is in the opposite direction. 

#386856 True/VH Hockey skates

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 11 August 2023 - 04:34 PM in Hockey Gear

I received the Catalyst Pros from PSH today. I decided to go with a pair of 7R because the retail 7.5D Catalyst 9's and these 7R Catalyst Pros have the same 7R sized shell. On top of that, they came with 263 Edge holders mounted from the True factory, so I wouldn't have to do the extra work and drill more holes. My first impression was that they were way too short (my toes were curled up when putting them on) but after a bake with saran wrap, they opened up to where my toes were barely brushing the toe caps. I sat down with my knees bent per True's recommendation, which really helped mold the heel pocket and pull my toes back. In addition, the toe caps have thick foam that can be punched/stretched to add some extra length. I punched the foam a little bit with my Custom Skateworks boot punch, which added just enough room to make them fit like a 7.25. If you're in between sizes, go with the smaller size. 

I have yet to skate on them, but they feel great so far. They have a much better build quality than the overseas-made Catalyst 9's and have thicker, softer, and more comfortable padding around the ankles. I put CCM Orthomove insoles in both skates - high instep in the left, medium in my right. The stock True insoles didn't offer much support for me, although I've heard good things about them from other True users. With the thick True tongues, there is absolutely zero negative space in these boots. I'm very excited to try them out. 

Unlike Bauer and CCM skates, you 100% have to bake these before using them. They won't even come close to fitting if you don't. If I would have tried these on a the store as-is, I would have put them back immediately. There is zero negative space, so every single part needs to be heat molded to your foot. 

902df667aa4335e2_original.jpeg

cc418981ed15077d_original.jpeg

#386890 True/VH Hockey skates

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 15 August 2023 - 07:46 PM in Hockey Gear

The durability is my biggest question as well. I rotate through my skates a lot though, so they'll most likely only be used a few times a month.

#386765 True/VH Hockey skates

Posted by Golden Gate Sharpening on 02 August 2023 - 06:48 PM in Hockey Gear

I was able to acquire a pair of retail Catalyst 9's in a trade. The skates fit like butter after a bake, so I'm looking forward to using them. Unlike the TF9's, the sizing is the same as Bauer and CCM. You may be able to get away with 1/2 size smaller since these open up a lot after baking. 

A few notes:

-These are extremely light with very thin outsoles. They are much lighter than the VH and original Trues that I've used before. I used the same #5 rivets that I use on Easton Makos. If you are a fan of the Mako family like me, you will probably like these. They are very heat moldable and fit like a glove after a bake. 

-Like the Makos, the shells on these seem fragile. The original owner said they only used them 5 times and there are some pretty big gashes in the carbon fiber. The scratches are superficial and don't seem to go very deep, but I'm worried that they might in the future. I may add some helicopter tape for extra protection, as noted by some users on MSH. Some carbon fiber shot blockers would look great as well. 

-I'd get the holders remounted before using them. These came with 263 Edge holders that were mounted very crooked, a few mm off of center. I've heard many people say that the original True holders have been mounted crooked with warped steel from the factory, so I'm assuming the original installer wasn't very experienced and just followed the old holes. If you choose to buy these, I'd recommend having your most trusted skate guy take a look at them and make adjustments as necessary. 

-I'm not a fan of the stock tongues. They are very thin and similar in shape/fit to the Hyperlite tongues. They rolled over and bunched up in the boot, which caused some discomfort on the top of my feet. I ordered some thick True tongues with metatarsal guards to replace them. There is some room on the top of my feet, so hopefully the thick tongues should take care of that issue. EDIT: Thicker true tongues helped these fit much better for me. If you like classic felt tongues, I'd recommend switching them out. If you like the thinner tongues, the stock tongues should be fine. 

74a22c7b2df3d3a5_original.jpeg