Photo

SLS Shipping BS

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#121 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 03 November 2023 - 12:57 PM

Live video of SLS sourcing all the crap they post: https://www.instagra...g_web_copy_link

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#122 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 14 November 2023 - 06:52 PM

Sales on SLS are DEAD !

#123 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 14 November 2023 - 07:52 PM

Really? I've seen the opposite so far this month

#124 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 14 November 2023 - 08:07 PM

I had a couple sales but mostly low-ballers

#125 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 14 November 2023 - 11:59 PM

I have hardly no offers & I feel my prices are very fair.

#126 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 15 November 2023 - 02:55 PM

I've actually been selling a lot this month, albeit for less than what I was expecting. I put a lot more wiggle room on my prices and although I lost money, I got rid of the items and made money to put toward other needs. 

#127 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 15 November 2023 - 05:40 PM

I have hardly no offers & I feel my prices are very fair.

Same. Hell, I’d even entertain stupid offers

#128 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 24 December 2023 - 08:28 AM

Since last night , can't log on to SLS on 2 different 2pc's , I have. Anyone else having this problem  Can log on with mobile phone.

#129 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 24 December 2023 - 08:54 PM

working now

#130 knyventura

knyventura
  • LocationBelchertown, MA

Posted 24 December 2023 - 09:10 PM

One workaround I’ve found is just use your own label so it’s in your control and you can still use priority.

You can also manually input an astronomical amount for international shipping to avoid having to deal with that.

Agreed. I have been using pirateship.com to make sure items get there faster.

#131 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted Yesterday, 11:39 PM

SLS just enabled mandatory returns on any item for any reason...for an additional fee from the buyer. This includes after the swap is approved by the seller.

https://help.sidelin...powered-by-Seel

73d5b60b0f32fadd_original.png?height=600

#132 Monty22

Monty22

Posted Today, 06:13 AM

I just sent them an email- Sellers should be able to opt out of this. Anyone selling new gear is about to get bent over.  Selling a new high end stick? Some jackass is going to buy it and use it everyday for a week or Highschool hockey then return it. Same with skates. So they then get returned to the seller in trashed but "useable" condition? So the $400 stick you just sold is now worth $100- how are you compensated for the diminished value ?  Mercari recently implemented and then res promptly rescinded a similar policy due to pushback from sellers.  At minimum sellers should be allowed to opt out of this. I suggest if anyone has a minute to send an email or chat message  expressing your displeasure. 

#133 Monty22

Monty22

Posted Today, 05:34 PM

I just sent them an email- Sellers should be able to opt out of this. Anyone selling new gear is about to get bent over.  Selling a new high end stick? Some jackass is going to buy it and use it everyday for a week or Highschool hockey then return it. Same with skates. So they then get returned to the seller in trashed but "useable" condition? So the $400 stick you just sold is now worth $100- how are you compensated for the diminished value ?  Mercari recently implemented and then res promptly rescinded a similar policy due to pushback from sellers.  At minimum sellers should be allowed to opt out of this. I suggest if anyone has a minute to send an email or chat message  expressing your displeasure. 

Looks like we can put away the pitchforks and torches for now. Below is the reply: 

Dear Monty, 

Seel Return Assurance is a new option offered to buyers that allows them to return their purchase, no questions asked, to our partner, Seel, for a full refund. This does not impact your earnings from the sale, nor does it require any involvement on your end.

If a buyer is reaching out to you requesting a refund with Seel, please direct them to contact us and we will help them out. 

We'll direct the buyer to reach out to Seel's customer support directly for assistance with their return and it will not impact your score, your earnings, or any feedback!

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you!

#134 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted Today, 07:47 PM

They told me that all "returned" items are sent directly to Seel, who then resells them. The return option still muddies the water since I put ALL SALES FINAL in my listings, but it's not a total screw job against sellers.