Photo

SLS Shipping BS

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#81 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 01 March 2023 - 12:59 PM

Saw that, but could have swore it was closer to 13%.

*edit* Just checked some recent transactions and the SLS fee may have been 9%, but then they charge the BS 'payment processing fee' on top of that which is another 3%. Assuming that fee isn't going away, just less money we'll earn from sales. I'm trying my damnedest to not sell on there anymore

#82 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 01 March 2023 - 01:05 PM

Yup, the credit card processing fee is dumb. Part of their cost of doing business

#83 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 01 March 2023 - 01:35 PM

After the selling and processing fees, the payout is usually 85% of the listing price. I just jack up my listing prices and hope for the best. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#84 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 01 March 2023 - 02:56 PM

Ya I don't post anything but if I get an offer I usually respond that I can do that privately but not with the fees and I would say it works more than it doesn't

#85 bretwilhite

bretwilhite
  • LocationPHL

Posted 13 April 2023 - 02:41 PM

More a diagnostic test re: next steps and if I’m the a-hole or the seller is:

Recently bought a pair of pants on SLS for the agreed upon price + $28 shipping. He (in the US) came back the next day saying shipping is $38.78 + $4.47 insurance ($43.25 total). And that if I don’t make up the difference he’ll cancel the sale.

In my experience, sellers have simply printed the label, slapped it on the box, and shipped. Just curious why the alteration and increase—now—in price before I simply ask or pay it.

#86 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 13 April 2023 - 04:02 PM

The seller is required to cover the shipping costs. If they didn't enter the correct shipping dimensions, that's their fault and it's on them to contact SLS to create another label. If they cancel the sale, they'll receive negative feedback. 

#87 bretwilhite

bretwilhite
  • LocationPHL

Posted 13 April 2023 - 04:55 PM

Thanks for the insight!

He resorted that his inventory was actually inaccurate and therefore, canceled the swap/sale.

#88 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 13 April 2023 - 06:38 PM

Sellers are also required to pay to insure the package

#89 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 13 April 2023 - 07:03 PM

Thanks for the insight!

He resorted to his inventory actually being inaccurate and therefore, canceled the swap/sale.

To tell you the truth , that shipping price sounds about right. It's not cheap to send a pair of pants from U.S to Canada. Me as a seller , I always pay the extra for the insurance.

#90 bretwilhite

bretwilhite
  • LocationPHL

Posted 13 April 2023 - 07:20 PM

Probably more the fact that I’ve dealt with this seller before in the past and they seem to always create complexities.

I’m sure we all have and deal with a seller/buyer like that.

#91 xstartxtodayx

xstartxtodayx
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 22 April 2023 - 08:54 AM

Tried to buy a set of steel from a seller but they msg'd saying that size was out of stock so couldn't complete the sale.  next I get the sidebot msg saying sale cancelled at Buyer's request... ummm how was it my request when the seller cancelled it?  I mean I don't care as long as I don't get screwed somehow with negative feedback or my funds being tied up but I just found that odd.

- Jon

#92 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 22 April 2023 - 02:16 PM

Tried to buy a set of steel from a seller but they msg'd saying that size was out of stock so couldn't complete the sale.  next I get the sidebot msg saying sale cancelled at Buyer's request... ummm how was it my request when the seller cancelled it?  I mean I don't care as long as I don't get screwed somehow with negative feedback or my funds being tied up but I just found that odd.

Nothing will happen to you, but the seller chose that option so they could avoid negative feedback for themselves. As a seller, canceling an order for any reason other than "cancelled at buyer's request" leaves you with negative feedback.

#93 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 14 May 2023 - 02:09 PM

crack's me up how it's been way over 72 hr's  since item was delivered to buyer & my funds still are not released , don't care if it's the weekend !

#94 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 19 July 2023 - 07:07 PM

After SLS has been automatically blocking international sales for the last few years, they've been allowing them to go through again. I've had "USA and Canada shipping only" in my descriptions, but international buyers have been buying my listings anyway. I've already lost many packages overseas and don't plan to lose any more, so I've had to keep cancelling these orders. I'd recommend adding "USA and Canada shipping only" in your description if you want to be covered, although I don't know how much SLS will actually do about it. 

#95 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 22 August 2023 - 11:53 AM

Had someone reach out and ask if I'd take X price on an item (they did not submit an offer). I was feeling generous and wanted to move the item, so I said sure and sent them an offer at their asking price. They then replied with what's the lowest I'd go *face palm*. You asked for a price and I accepted it! That's still not good enough!? The idiot then says they're not ready to buy yet and need to save up money. When I responded that it's strange they'd waste somebody's time making an offer if they weren't ready to buy they replied that they didn't think I'd accept. Uh... okay...

F-in people are idiots

#96 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 22 August 2023 - 12:32 PM

Had someone reach out and ask if I'd take X price on an item (they did not submit an offer). I was feeling generous and wanted to move the item, so I said sure and sent them an offer at their asking price. They then replied with what's the lowest I'd go *face palm*. You asked for a price and I accepted it! That's still not good enough!? The idiot then says they're not ready to buy yet and need to save up money. When I responded that it's strange they'd waste somebody's time making an offer if they weren't ready to buy they replied that they didn't think I'd accept. Uh... okay...

F-in people are idiots

Name and shame - add them to the deadbeat buyers thread!

I received this survey about SLS's return policy. If #3 comes into effect, I will permanently leave and begrudgingly go back to eBay. This sets a terrible precedent if people will be able to return anything for any reason. People will rent gear for a weekend and then hit the seller with an undeserved return, putting them on the hook for return costs. Most sellers on SLS are individuals that are already selling our items at a loss, so we cannot abide by a retail return policy. Hopefully SLS has enough common sense to never implement this policy, but I'm not holding my breath.

d34c283a2467c9f0_original.jpeg

#97 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 22 August 2023 - 12:34 PM

That's gotta be a joke

#98 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 22 August 2023 - 01:29 PM

But hey, they'll make a bunch more money so they don't give a shit

#99 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 22 August 2023 - 01:37 PM

That raised my eyebrow initially as well. I took the survey, it looks like they are exploring charging a fee on individual transactions to buyers for the option of a no questions asked return on an item. Not sure if that fee would go to SLS or the seller as sort of a restocking fee.

#100 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 22 August 2023 - 01:57 PM

But hey, they'll make a bunch more money so they don't give a shit

Correct. It's staggering how little they care about the individual sellers that got the site to where it is today. I know it goes against their goal of becoming an online Play It Again Sports hub, but it's still frustrating. 

That raised my eyebrow initially as well. I took the survey, it looks like they are exploring charging a fee on individual transactions to buyers for the option of a no questions asked return on an item. Not sure if that fee would go to SLS or the seller as sort of a restocking fee.

If they ever implement this, I'm out. I know I've said it in the past and went back to selling on SLS, but this time I'd be gone for good. They'll do this but still can't code a block button?