Pro mouth guards

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:14 AM

i can't wait to be able to pick up a prostock used mouthguard for personal use

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#22 parkerqm

parkerqm
  • LocationOC, California

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

tapout does pro stock as well i talked to larry robinson when he was in his shop he said he might have a few with the teams logo

#23 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

I had a custom one made a few years ago, but back then the retail ones were pretty bulky.

I have a few samples at home, one of them tastes like bubble gum :LOL:

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#24 sid19

sid19
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

I know this thread has been done for like two months but I thought I'd just add my two cents.

Our team does UA custom mouth guards. They're great in terms of just sticking to your teeth and never worrying about it falling off, and being really comfortable. I noticed they tend to make the ends around your back teeth just a little bit looser, so you can pop off the mouthguard with your tongue easily. You can talk really comfortably and breathe really easily. It feels lighter than the Pro Form mouthguards I used to have. I don't know about the science behind it, but it's much better than any mouthguard you have to mold in hot water.

There's a pic below to see for yourself; mine's slightly thicker at 2.5 mm, and it's not as high up the gums as a thinner one goes.

One catch is, you have to be really specific to your dentist when you make one; if you don't, you may end up getting it too thick or too thin, depending on what you like. And for a mouthguard that costs $300-500, you probably want it right the first time, so just be really vocal and specific to your dentist.  Not to mention you may as well buy a baby hippo for that money.

Anyway, hope that helps if anyone is thinking about custom mouthguards. I've never really heard of the other companies so I can't really compare.

2013-07-22230224_zpscab7826e.jpg