Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

pretty cool i would love to do something like that

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#82 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

What pattern are you going with Nicker?

I'm actually going with a couple. Im going with a Savoy Special in BC68 and a Super Natural in BC92

#83 humuhumuhumu

humuhumuhumu
  • LocationOiler fan living in Calgary

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

Cool, I look forward to hearing which model you prefer.  I love my Super Natural, shoots like a one piece, but catches passes like a wood stick.  Exceptional feel IMO.

#84 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

the supernatural is an amazing stick i love using mine.  The one timers off that stick are ridiculously good, probably the best i've used  for one timers since my ONE95

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#85 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

Cool, I look forward to hearing which model you prefer.  I love my Super Natural, shoots like a one piece, but catches passes like a wood stick.  Exceptional feel IMO.

Why are we not playing any hockey together? I am in Calgary now... ok well not now, I am flying home for real Thanksgiving, plus it's been damn cold in Calgary the last two days. I need a break ;)

#86 humuhumuhumu

humuhumuhumu
  • LocationOiler fan living in Calgary

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

We will have to try and connect Nicker, enjoy your turkey, and warmer weather!

#87 Stothers86

Stothers86
  • LocationToronto Ontario

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

Can anyone who's been using the shaft blade combo comment on how it feels and has been holding up? I just ordered 2 of the savoy special shafts and would like any opinions from anyone

#88 bennay

bennay
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

Can anyone who's been using the shaft blade combo comment on how it feels and has been holding up? I just ordered 2 of the savoy special shafts and would like any opinions from anyone

I had one couple years back and they hold up fine. Just note there may be a small gap between the blade and the shaft. It goes all the way in fine though.I always use a piece of tape with two pieces and never noticed the blade wiggling or anything. 

Hockey is my religion...

#89 booyaagrandma

booyaagrandma
  • LocationThe North of Ireland

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:31 AM

Hey Stothers86 How are you liking your Base shaft/blade combo ?

#90 Stothers86

Stothers86
  • LocationToronto Ontario

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

I haven't even used them yet. Both leagues I'm in got a break for the holidays so by next week I'll get to use em for sure. Initial impressions positive. Have a good feel and I like the matte grip coating on them. Good balance as well

#91 booyaagrandma

booyaagrandma
  • LocationThe North of Ireland

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

Thats great.

I have about 5 Base OPS or shaft / blade combos.

I have to say they did go through a period where the sticks were coming out rather heavy and the balance was off compared to my first orders.

I love the Super Natural polar fiber version but found the powder matte grip ( my previous personal favorite grip ) to be decidedly heavier than its PF sibling.

I was a little wary of ordering from them for a while as the consistency was'nt there for a period of time.

Their product is really ,really good and their customer service is OUTSTANDING.

I personally prefer shaft / blade combos and their blades are perfect for me and are all I use.

Just wish the shafts were the same weight as the original ones I ordered,those were super light. 

#92 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

base <3

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#93 IMaRaTHoNzZz

IMaRaTHoNzZz

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

They are outstanding I had a Base Savoy special I got for my birthday and used it all season and it had the the shark skin chip off at the end of the toe really bad. I sent them a email one day about 6 months after warranty and they sent me a free stick!

#94 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

Has anyone tried out their gloves yet?

For Sale:

#95 - M

- M

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:21 PM

Their gloves are made by Eagle.  The options are really limited (outline color + name/number) so if you want something custom you're better off ordering from Eagle.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#96 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:00 AM

Made by Eagle in Canada? Or "uses the same overseas factory as Eagle?" I haven't seen a pair yet.

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#97 - M

- M

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:55 AM

Made by Eagle in Canada? Or "uses the same overseas factory as Eagle?" I haven't seen a pair yet.

This is from their Base Hockey-MN Facebook page post on Oct 22, 2013

Guess what? BASE Hockey is doing a soft launch of its new line of GLOVES! These beauties are made by Eagle which means, they are amazing. You may choose from a variety of colors and have your name/number put on them (just like your stick). Lead time is two weeks. Contact me directly to find out more. Here's what they look like...

Based on the pricing at $135 for stock/$145 for custom colors I think it's safe to say these are an off-shore glove.  My Canadian-made Eagle customs cost me $249 + tax.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#98 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

i only allow members who have friends in the group, whats your name i'll let you in asap

I have many friends who are PHEWs, looking forward to seeing what's behind the curtain HAHA. (just sent a request to be let in)

"It's not cool to take damage." - Floyd

#99 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

Their gloves are made by Eagle.  The options are really limited (outline color + name/number) so if you want something custom you're better off ordering from Eagle.

Not looking for anything custom. How are they in terms of just being a hockey glove? Worth the $140 price tag?

For Sale:

#100 Adam

Adam

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:29 PM

You can do much much better for 140

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BASE, Hockey