Photo

Boston vs Chicago - Stanley Cup Final

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#81 Jdawg8

Jdawg8
  • Locationwinnipeg,mb canada

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:09 PM

Great to see a couple Winnipeg boys hoist the cup.. Love watching the team celebrate with family members after the game, always gives me goosebumps..
I even got a little choked up watching emery's post game interview.

None less that was a great game and another great season, can't wait for the 2013-14 season to start. :P

#82 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

You said it, man. If your team hasn't won it, watching twenty guys fullfil their boyhood dreams is something to behold. 

#83 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:28 AM

Two words that describe the Hawks this year,

regular seasaon = "DOMINANT"

playoffs = "TENACIOUS"

Hats off to the Bruins, they played well and had a hell of a squad too, they just might feel a little of what the Leafs felt back in round 1 now though.

I'm so fucking happy right now !!!

Hab, a Hawks fan who just plays for the Habs. :headbang:

#84 PAPuck45

PAPuck45

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

Blew it with 17 seconds left wow!

#85 prhockey41

prhockey41
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

Looks like a Stanley cup parade is going to happen in saads an I's hometown! Probably isn't anything new for you Montreal or Toronto boys but in a suburb of Pittsburgh that's once in a lifetime! So happy. But yeah what the hell happened at the end lol I was in shock

WTB (longshots):

• Letang, Hossa, Yakupov, Datsyuk, Duchene, Kane, Karlsson, Ovi, Vanek, Hall, Gaborik, Malkin, Crosby, Kovalchuk, Lidstrom, RNH, Tavares, Landeskog gloves
  • Eberle, Kessel, Giroux, Ovi, Iginla stick

#86 grnmtnvt

grnmtnvt
  • LocationBurlington, VT

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:37 AM

Pretty darn surprised at the Kane pick for Conn Smythe. I know that he lead in points, but he had some terrible games in the final and he and Toews each had 5 points in the final round but Toews definitely played harder minutes. Sharp lead in goals and you could even make a case for Bickell if you want to go with Chicago. Kane was just a little too inconsistent at both ends of the ice. I was surprised that neither of the goalies took it. They did put on a show in more than a couple games and their numbers were stellar. Thoughts...

#87 Hab4life

Hab4life

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

Conn Smythe could have gone to a few different guys. I personally think it should go to a member of the winning team, Bias ? maybe a bit. :LOL:

If I was picking I would have gone with Crawford, even with that iffy glove hand now and then and that superstar Rask at the other end of the ice, he still played solid and gave the Hawks a good chance to win in every game.

You could make a case for others too, Toews,Bickell, Keith,.....Rask,Bergeron,Lucic, The list COULD go forever really, so many played so well.

#88 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

It's always crazy hearing about the injuries these guys play through. Horton's shoulder has been known about for awhile. Handzus has a broken wrist and torn MCL while Bergeron has broken ribs, torn cartilage, and a separated shoulder. Hossa is definitely injured as well.

Because it's the Cup.

#89 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

In no other sport would you see athletes play through those kinds of injuries.

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#90 hyprlte

hyprlte
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

I just loved how the series ended in less than 2 minutes.  You never see it coming, and when it does you're just left in a state of shock.  I'm betting that there are plenty of leaf fans who woke up this morning happy with the outcome lol

#91 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

at least now we don't have to put up with the crap team from nbc.  bring back thorne and clement please.  doc and enzo are terrible.  Pierre mcquire needs someone to bolt his mouth shut

#92 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

it makes me happy to see Rozi and Carcillo, Oduya, and Emery get a cup.    Especially Rozi with the way his season ended last playoffs and Emery after all the crap hes gone through with his hip injury.

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#93 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

got to disagree with Carcillo. Daniel Carcillo, Stanley Cup Champion is just so, so, so, so, so, wrong.

although Andrew Ference, Two-Time Stanley Cup Champion wouldn't have been any better. ;)

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#94 Hab4life

Hab4life

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

Shaw's face can be the poster boy for the visor grandfathering.. :LOL:

#95 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

See you at the parade on Friday, boys! Alright got the time off in!

#96 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

how drunk will Kaner be this time?

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#97 Hab4life

Hab4life

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

Hopefully he still takes a cab !! :rofl:

#98 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

nbc's team is awesome aside from pierre, doc and enzo are the best

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#99 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Can't get over the list of injuries Bergeron was playing through- broken rib, torn cartilage, separated shoulder and punctured lung.  

#100 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

It's Edzo boys, Enzo is Ferrari.