Photo

Emergency Plan: Forgot your Jock

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

Thought this would be a funny but interesting question to ask. What do you do when you forget your jock/cup?

This happened to me tonight...i bought a new jock so i left my old one out of my bag, but forgot to pack my new one.  In the past ive stuffed a toilet paper roll with toilet paper and used that with the trusty old tape girdle in place of a cup.  Ive done the rolled up sock before, tonight i actually had my wallet taped up ready to go before my teammate had an extra (NEW!) cup, thank god.  What are all of your emergency plans when this happens and you cant go back home to grab your forgotten gear?

IG: Fooj Media

#2 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

freeball it, the boys can survive for 60 minutes

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#3 gosinger

gosinger
  • LocationAustria

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

Always have a spare jock in my bag, as this is one piece of equipment I wouldn't go on the ice without. Plus often ppl forget theirs, I then give them my spare as long as they promise to return it washed for the next skate.

#4 danya

danya

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:14 AM

you can use a slipper for a shower (which you have in your bag :) )

#5 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

I have a back up jock in my bag, possibly two.

#6 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:00 AM

I dug around in the lost and found for a youth elbow pad and used that, but after warmups I ditched it and went commando. I agree with Greg, 60 minutes isn't that bad.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#7 Obscene19

Obscene19
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:44 AM

Don't wear one...haven't for years now.

Hockey is Life. The rest is just details.

"Trade Steve Yzerman? That's like asking me if I want to trade my son Jason for the kid next door."

—Jacques Demers

#8 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

Your wallet? :LOL:

I dont recall this ever happening to me, but I would most likely use a sock.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#9 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:07 AM

Don't wear one...haven't for years now.

Wait... Are you saying you NEVER wear a jock?

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#10 Obscene19

Obscene19
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

Forgot it one game back when I played triples. Loved it and haven't since.

Hockey is Life. The rest is just details.

"Trade Steve Yzerman? That's like asking me if I want to trade my son Jason for the kid next door."

—Jacques Demers

#11 bluz96

bluz96
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

yeah same here. Sounds crazy, but soooo comfortable without one!

#12 GiancarloSFL

GiancarloSFL
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

The day I forgot mine and didn't wear one a shot deflected of my stick ricocheted off my thigh pad and hit me square in the left nut. Last time I forget my cup.

#13 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

The one time I forgot it I went without. Hustlers have so much protection I was fine. Just didn't line up to block any shots or square up.

#14 hunterphfr

hunterphfr

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

I keep a spare.

For those of you that go without, we had a guy on our fire department hockey team that blocked a slap shot at a tournament. Took it off the cup and struggled to stay in the game but couldn't. He wound up In emergency surgery, he's down to one.

#15 MileHigh23

MileHigh23
  • LocationAthabasca, Alberta, Canada

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

I played juniors with 3 guys that wouldnt wear a cup, and two of them were our top penalty killers. Blocking shots and everything.. It is very comfortable but I could never do it... But I guess if I forgot it then I would. I always carry two as well tho.

#16 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

This just happened to me three weeks ago, we were short on people too and i play center and EVERYONE hates playing center yet we roll 3 lines.  and only i showed up the other center didnt.

So what i did was i took the shirt i use as a "helmet bag" and folded it until it was a nice 10 inch by 5 inch rectangle and did like the 80s hair metal bands and stuffed.  i wouldnt recommend blocking a shot with it but it did the job.

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#17 skater1

skater1
  • LocationOHIO

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

I've done this a few times. Just played without. Not too into taking a loaner in this situation..lol..I'd usually try and protect myself  by dropping my glove down in front if I thought something might happen during a play.

WARRIOR WC Dan Cleary mitts
Any WARRIOR Dan Cleary mitts

#18 Brian

Brian

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

went to pro shop, bought new one.

#19 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

I get my parents to drive back and get it for me. It's so scary playing without a jock. It just feels like you are vulnerable in every possible way.

:)

For Sale:

#20 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

im talking like, 10pm, driving yourself, pro shop closed and you already paid for the skate, kind of emergency haha

IG: Fooj Media