• Please log in to reply
17360 replies to this topic

#16341 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 29 December 2020 - 08:38 AM

Leafs WC MIC Franchise!

https://sidelineswap...ncouver-canucks

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#16342 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 30 December 2020 - 09:42 PM

Pavol Demitra Minnesota MIA gloves. Too steep for my blood, but holy crap are these amazing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233839018172

$1000??? that dude is high on something!

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#16343 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 December 2020 - 10:50 PM

$1000??? that dude is high on something!

Yeah, quite. Might belong in the other topic. Has a pair of Hawks Havlat gamers originally listed for $330 that were pulled and relisted for $440. If they were reasonable, I'd grab both of them. Reaching, but someone will buy them.

#16344 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 31 December 2020 - 12:41 AM

He already has 1 bid on them from someone with 1400 feedback. So it's safe to say, he priced them correctly lol

#16345 cgeartron

cgeartron

Posted 31 December 2020 - 01:26 AM

WOW! Good payday for him.
Im sure we all have that grail pair or two that we would consider paying more than a normal price for something. Maybe this is the grail pair for this bidder

instagram @ccmcrazylightking

Always looking for CCM CLs size 14!

Let me know what you have!

#16346 Firebrand

Firebrand

Posted 31 December 2020 - 12:04 PM

He already has 1 bid on them from someone with 1400 feedback. So it's safe to say, he priced them correctly lol

New drinking game: Take a drink every time AARONSWORLD gets indignant about people not wanting to pay ridiculous amounts of money on gloves, or takes a comment literally and then acts like he's delivering sobering truths about society no one else has thought of.

It's my New Year's gift to everyone!

#16347 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 31 December 2020 - 01:55 PM

Lol please don't look that deep into my posts. Sorry you feel that way, but if he had 0 bids I would see where you guys are coming from. The fact he has a bid at $1000 seems like he knows what his gloves are worth. I think I speak for a lot of people on this forum that there are far too many lowballers (on SLS, eBay, etc) that have no clue how much certain things go for. I like a deal as much as the next guy, but I also know that sometimes you gotta pay to play... 

#16348 Firebrand

Firebrand

Posted 31 December 2020 - 02:10 PM

Drink!

(But yes, having dealt with many via eBay, lowballers are right up there with price gougers and scalpers on my long list of people I'd like to fumigate and catapult into space.)

#16349 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 31 December 2020 - 02:12 PM

809.png

#16350 conlon17

conlon17
  • LocationSt. Catharines, Ontario

Posted 31 December 2020 - 02:33 PM

I couldn’t agree more Aaron

#16351 nicnok

nicnok
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 31 December 2020 - 04:50 PM

Lol please don't look that deep into my posts. Sorry you feel that way, but if he had 0 bids I would see where you guys are coming from. The fact he has a bid at $1000 seems like he knows what his gloves are worth. I think I speak for a lot of people on this forum that there are far too many lowballers (on SLS, eBay, etc) that have no clue how much certain things go for. I like a deal as much as the next guy, but I also know that sometimes you gotta pay to play... 

This is quite possibly the most adult response to being called out I've ever seen. Very non-standard internet protocol. However...

Drink!

(But yes, having dealt with many via eBay, lowballers are right up there with price gougers and scalpers on my long list of people I'd like to fumigate and catapult into space.)

809.png

Both of those made me legit laugh out loud. Thanks, guys.

#16352 ntwusc

ntwusc
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 31 December 2020 - 05:03 PM

Pricing a rare, high end item is like throwing darts blindfolded because there's there's no baseline. Might as well ask for a lot and you can always lower the price. 

#16353 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 31 December 2020 - 06:19 PM

Pricing a rare, high end item is like throwing darts blindfolded because there's there's no baseline. Might as well ask for a lot and you can always lower the price. 

that's pretty much the whole truth right there. hell, for all we know the person willing to pay $1k for those gloves is someone from Demitra's family. IMO, Demitra wasn't a player that should garner that kind of price tag. yes, I get that MIA gloves are VERY hard to come by, particularly in pristine condition (can't be sure of that from pictures) but for me there's no player I'd pay that kind of money for. if someone else is willing to, go with God.

edited because I made a comment in bad taste.

Edited by shoeshine boy, 02 January 2021 - 11:34 AM.

#16354 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 31 December 2020 - 07:05 PM

hell, for all we know the person willing to pay $1k for those gloves is Demitra himself.

As if 2020 wasn’t crazy enough...

#16355 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 31 December 2020 - 07:21 PM

I think Demitra's been on a spending spree as of LATE, if you google " Demitra " and " Lokomotiv " there should be some more info...

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#16356 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 31 December 2020 - 07:56 PM

:rofl:

well-this-is-awkward-meme.png

Shoeshine...... stick to buying shells  :LOL:

#16357 conlon17

conlon17

Posted 31 December 2020 - 08:58 PM

It’s funny, because Aaron and I have similar taste and we also are okay spending on something that is unique and one-off.

If you don’t operate in that price range , it’s understandable why you think it’s outrageous.

At the end of the day, hockey equipment can only be valued with the comparable sale approach. Those Demitra’s demand value and I truly hope that guy gets $2,000+

#16358 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 31 December 2020 - 09:00 PM

well-this-is-awkward-meme.png
Shoeshine...... stick to buying shells :LOL:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

#16359 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 01 January 2021 - 11:52 AM

Shoeshine...... stick to buying shells  :LOL:

admittedly I like shells because they're typically cheap.  :agree:

I think the most I ever spent on a pair of gloves was $350 for Kovalchuk Team Russia Luxe.

#16360 conlon17

conlon17

Posted 01 January 2021 - 11:57 AM

Shoeshine, what would you sell those for now? Don't say "not for sale" because everything has a price.  I am going to reasonably assume more than $350? I mean, they are hard to find. 

If they were the devils pair that are everywhere, you'd be far below the $350 number.

https://meigray.com/...-ITEM89001.aspx

This is exactly my point, unique and rare items demand a premium price!!